Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xLeadSledx

Squads in a game = loss

10 comments in this topic

[BB22]
Members
157 posts
20,150 battles

Why is it that when squads are playing they forget it is a team game and play only for the 2 or 3 players in that squad. It is so bad it is almost worth leaving the game when I see more then 1 squad because it always leads to a loss. At the very least it does show that stupid players like to surround themselves with the same.

[RUST]
Members
860 posts
7,842 battles
17 minutes ago, xLeadSledx said:

Why is it that when squads are playing they forget it is a team game and play only for the 2 or 3 players in that squad.

Because we're in discord coordinating things with each other and the other 9 people aren't.  If you go to a place you shouldn't be at but you think it'll be okay because a DD ahead of you will hopefully smoke or a BB will hopefully push up behind you then you're just setting yourself up for a stress test of your sanity.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,049 posts
9,289 battles

Uh not to toot my own horn OP but last night my div mate and I single handedly carried 3 games. Divs are not the issue, try working with them next time and I bet in most cases your team will benefit. Of course there are always exceptions and you may have witnessed some special snowflakes together but that is not common so please don't assume a loss when you see a div.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

meh,  its more fun playing against a division.   I seem to do better against good players and even if we lose, I tend to end up with good result so   no biggy.   

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,021 battles

Wow, OP, you've been around a bit and have not seen how deadly some divs can be?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles

I generally follow the divs around, and try and support them. Usually works out for me. I also point out that the one common thing in those games was you.

Perhaps a look in the mirror will help you find the real reason for your losses.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Just because the players are in a division, doesn't mean they aren't playing for the team. They just know they can count on the other people in the div to support them in their pushes, retreats, and consumable management.

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
485 posts
3,786 battles
2 hours ago, xLeadSledx said:

Why is it that when squads are playing they forget it is a team game and play only for the 2 or 3 players in that squad. It is so bad it is almost worth leaving the game when I see more then 1 squad because it always leads to a loss. At the very least it does show that stupid players like to surround themselves with the same.

Umm... okaaaaaay.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,633 posts
14,025 battles
2 hours ago, LordBenjamin said:

Because we're in discord coordinating things with each other and the other 9 people aren't.  If you go to a place you shouldn't be at but you think it'll be okay because a DD ahead of you will hopefully smoke or a BB will hopefully push up behind you then you're just setting yourself up for a stress test of your sanity.

This, 100% true.  A division if anything decent will have comms with each other.  You'd be lucky to find any sort of team-oriented communication with Randoms in a team.

You do not expect Random people to push behind you.

You do not expect Random people to drop smoke for you.

You do not expect Random people to do ANYTHING for you.

This needs to be expected, that Random people will not help you. Maybe they're selfish.  Maybe they don't know the situation.  Maybe they're too busy with something else.  Maybe they're too Potato to not know in the first place.  Expect no help and once you do that, you can manage better games.  Expecting help from strangers only leads to disappointment in WoWS.  Even in FPS games like Battlefield, you can expect some sort of team oriented play, I don't see that in WoWS.  Expecting team actions will get yourself rekt in WoWS.

Sign in to follow this