Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

Notser: Smoke 6.11 Critique

39 comments in this topic

[D12]
Members
1,118 posts
8,835 battles

Bravo Notser! Chose the ship with the smallest guns and then say "nerf should be noticeable". Take something like Khab or Kutuzov or Fiji. 

[SYN]
Members
3,212 posts
14,838 battles

Well I for one am looking forward to watching your vids on the new changes with the correct information.

Better yet would be an official WG vid!

[O7]
Members
5,138 posts
9,603 battles
3 hours ago, skull_122_steel said:

he says sain stuff all the time he made one mistake with trying out IFHE on the des moines and now everyone think he is a nut job

I'm not even talking about that. When black was coming out he said it was so broken because it could sit in smoke and spot something with radar for a bit, even though German DDs can do the same thing for even longer. Went on in the whole video whining about how broken it was. That's where my poor opinion started. 

[O7]
Members
5,138 posts
9,603 battles
3 hours ago, FratStar4Life said:

If I want to watch some comedy skit I would rather watch John Oliver than Notser rant about mechanics he does not understand. 

Pretty much this, but at least he didn't comment so much about the change. All he really brought up was that the bloom doesn't account for being in smoke on the minimap. 

Nevermind. I couldn't see the minimap properly watching on my phone and took his word for it that there was no indication. Silly me. There is no hope for this man. 

Edited by Pulicat

[FG]
Members
398 posts
3,718 battles
3 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I'm not even talking about that. When black was coming out he said it was so broken because it could sit in smoke and spot something with radar for a bit, even though German DDs can do the same thing for even longer. Went on in the whole video whining about how broken it was. That's where my poor opinion started. 

USS Black had the Baltimore radar when it first came out AFAIK. 

I think he had every right to say it was broken. 

[O7]
Members
5,138 posts
9,603 battles
1 minute ago, SovereignEagle said:

USS Black had the Baltimore radar when it first came out AFAIK. 

I think he had every right to say it was broken. 

Go watch the video about it. The dd he was shooting at while moaning about how cheap it was was a suicide gearing that rushed his smoke about 3km away. A German dd could have accomplished this.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
589 posts
13,224 battles
21 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Go watch the video about it. The dd he was shooting at while moaning about how cheap it was was a suicide gearing that rushed his smoke about 3km away. A German dd could have accomplished this.

The Notser Betas won't understand.

[ANKER]
Members
225 posts
5,713 battles
2 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

My issue with him trying to teach people to use numbers is it begins a extremely difficult habit to break.

wahhhh? I still use numbers most of the time after 3000+ games; don't think I do that badly.

I don't understand why numbers can't be used as a guide.

Maybe not needed for DDs but good for CAs and BBs.

[FG]
Members
398 posts
3,718 battles
43 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

True, but it is doubtful that the Gearing would have rushed the smoke if he knew it was a Z-46 or another German DD in there, as opposed to a premium Fletcher which he would most likely beat in a normal gunfight. 

There is obviously quite a difference between a German DD and a top tier US DD when it comes to having hydro/radar.

Members
1,114 posts
5,917 battles

I can't stand listening to this guy. It's one thing to have an opinion, but he acts like the game has to cater to him specifically. He acts like because he's on youtube and is a cc that his opinion is how the game HAS to be.

Not to mention the fact that he doesn't even know what he's talking about. The smoke changes are only a buff to dd players who use their smoke for themselves. For those of us that actually like to push and use teamwork its a huge nerf to dd utility. 

[HEROS]
Members
1,715 posts
5,564 battles

I played a couple battles in my shima tonite. boost was on, I had just launched a couple torps at 3.5km, and was trying to bug out when one of the reds knocked out my engine. oh no!

as soon as I slowed down a little bit, I popped smoke. poof! 

Edited by not_acceptable
exactly! i may have continued to write, but you can't see it can you.

[M-B]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
186 posts
7,657 battles
1 hour ago, Ajax_the_Great1 said:

I can't stand listening to this guy. It's one thing to have an opinion, but he acts like the game has to cater to him specifically. He acts like because he's on youtube and is a cc that his opinion is how the game HAS to be.

Not to mention the fact that he doesn't even know what he's talking about. The smoke changes are only a buff to dd players who use their smoke for themselves. For those of us that actually like to push and use teamwork its a huge nerf to dd utility. 

Exactly my gripe, I dump smoke for others more then myself. There goes that, guess I'm left with sitting in smoke being a torp target not spotting anything with my gun boats and my torp boats are the "Oh crap" moments, seems to be a nerf to team player orientated DDs not the ones that sit in smoke firing for themselves. All this because of ranked smoke meta.... I see myself playing less and less DDs in randoms these days. At least Ranked will be toned down when they come around every so often, and Clan wars will probably turn into the same as Ranked without this nerf but the mainstay mode is getting something it doesn't really deserve.

Sign in to follow this