You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mundaneken

Gneisenau Torps

7 comments in this topic

[IFAM]
Members
1 post
2,406 battles

Love the Gneisenau. I've nailed so many ships in close quarters with the torps. It's amazing how effective they are, considering how most battleships are usually one trick ponies, relying on their main guns, preferably at range. I can just imagine the expression on the enemy's face as he emerges from behind an island and gets a faceful of torps from a batlleship.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Still many people forget that Scharnhorst and Gneisenau have torps and still charge them.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
5 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Still many people forget that Scharnhorst and Gneisenau have torps and still charge them.

Heh , heh , heh !  When they charge around an island at my Atlanta in a BB or heavy cruiser and eat 4 (the same as Fletcher a tier 9 USN DD) torps and go BOOM ! 

:cap_haloween:

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,375 posts
7,962 battles
30 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Heh , heh , heh !  When they charge around an island at my Atlanta in a BB or heavy cruiser and eat 4 (the same as Fletcher a tier 9 USN DD) torps and go BOOM ! 

:cap_haloween:

Yeah, except the few of us that remember BB's have HE that can disable/destroy torpedo tubes, especially at point blank and knowing how/where to aim. :Smile_trollface:

Had someone do that against my Bismarck yesterday/day before, knew they were setting up the ambush, charged them, they go for the ambush, and instant the tubes are hit table, fire, destroy them out right, watch him turn to try and use the other side, turn to get rear turrets angled, destroy the others, and enjoy ALL the salt as my secondaries now pound them into dust as well as the main battery. :cap_haloween:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,741 posts
7,373 battles
2 hours ago, Doomlock said:

They forget Tirptiz and Mutsu have them, too. Soon, Kii will be with us with even more torpedoes!