Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Anyone else run a QE AA spec?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,861
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,765 posts
12,866 battles

The QE has a modernized AA suite nicely suited for range/rate extension modules and captain skills.  I've been playing around with it, and it feels like a T6 Texas.  Throw in the flag, and it spec's out at "81" AA....at T6.  And with MFC and the range extension, has some nice "effective" reach for T6.  I haven't worked the numbers on the other lines, but I think that makes QE the best AA BB at T6.  I'm sure someone will let me know if I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
378
[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,405 battles

Yup - I probably will once I put a permanent Captain on her  (currently just moving Jack Dunkirk up through the tech tree).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
841
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,364 posts
7,938 battles

Doing some of the math, it may not be a crazy idea. Just stock numbers vs Saipan's base numbers, the strongest attack craft (aside maybe max upgrades/skills E) it'll see, inside the range of 20 mm guns it should have 16% or there about per second to shoot down a plane if you focus it, 13-14 if you don't. 

 

BFT alone can bring that closer to 20%. Flags and anything else, should be about 21% maybe 22% if you focus the target, with a max range I think it's 2.8 km out, against tier 9, not factoring in if you chose manual AA to up the bigger guns. Against standard tier 9 aircraft. Your talking 30% or higher vs tier 6 planes you focus them, least the USN ones that typically have more HP. NM, the USN "Oh hey our thing is AA" BB actually only puts out a 24-25% chance against the bare bones tier 6 planes same conditions. Potentially better to attack a New Mexico than a QE - talk about power creeped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
193
[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,734 posts
2,010 battles
1 hour ago, Big_Spud said:

Way ahead of you.

 

shot-17.08.30_19.36.02-0927.jpg

*peers**blinks**rubs his eyes**squints at the air kills* My gods...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,658
[TBW]
Members
6,298 posts
11,856 battles
58 minutes ago, Hurlbut said:

*peers**blinks**rubs his eyes**squints at the air kills* My gods...

next time just click the image and you won't have to squint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,038
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,651 posts
9,960 battles

No.

My QE captain will be moving up to KGV and I don't want to respec away. MFCAA will be pretty low utility on the higher tier RN BB. I use the same captain on Nelson too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
579 posts
4,191 battles

I've got two 19pt UK BB captains that I trained up on the cruisers, now skilled up for BBs. Jack Dunkirk for Conqueror and Nelson, and an full AA trained captain for QE and Hood.

 

Yes, for being worse than the Warspite in pretty much every other way, the AA QE is legit- almost a troll ship because nobody expects a T6 BB to swat squads out of the sky before they get into range. 81 AA rating with full AA spec, and 117 dps @ 7.2 km. This was literally my first game in it.

 

edit- it's also worth mentioning that she's not like the Texas- which has very high close range DPS and very poor long range. QE doesn't have the raw stopping power of the Texas (by about 25% before MFCAA), but she has a tremendously strong and long-range aura for T6 (where you'll occasionally see some very small maps), making her much better at thinning out strikes directed at your allies. However, she does require MFCAA and AFT to really shine- so there is a higher workload as well.

vobbPWC.jpg

 

Mrqj8GC.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
220 posts
6,375 battles
3 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

Doing some of the math, it may not be a crazy idea. Just stock numbers vs Saipan's base numbers, the strongest attack craft (aside maybe max upgrades/skills E) it'll see, inside the range of 20 mm guns it should have 16% or there about per second to shoot down a plane if you focus it, 13-14 if you don't. 

 

BFT alone can bring that closer to 20%. Flags and anything else, should be about 21% maybe 22% if you focus the target, with a max range I think it's 2.8 km out, against tier 9, not factoring in if you chose manual AA to up the bigger guns. Against standard tier 9 aircraft. Your talking 30% or higher vs tier 6 planes you focus them, least the USN ones that typically have more HP. NM, the USN "Oh hey our thing is AA" BB actually only puts out a 24-25% chance against the bare bones tier 6 planes same conditions. Potentially better to attack a New Mexico than a QE - talk about power creeped.

it used to be

WG "oh USN is AA flavored"

 then later

WG "oh uh USN will be uh average in all aspects (hehe that will show those yanks)"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
59 posts
11,193 battles

The KGV AA is worse than the QE.  That's right I have a maxed out AA build 10pt Captain even did the LvL 4 Manual AA  Yet WG has so de-rated the 134mm QF 50  and quad Pom Poms a KGV AA build is a waste.   In the KGV I do fair against T7 DBs but forget T7 Torpedo planes or any Tier 8-9.  You are dead!   How a Cleveland class CL has more AA rating with 12 5/38s than 16 134 QF50s plus better range is beyond me.  WG hates RN AA.  The Pom Poms  in full powered mounts are underrated by WG as well.  Yes a slight range advantage should go to the Bofors 40mm but not .5km!  .25 yes.  Fire volume  and thus explosive shell weight favors the Pom Pom.    I warn you after the QE its all down hill from there!

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
193
[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,734 posts
2,010 battles
6 hours ago, Orca86 said:

The KGV AA is worse than the QE.  That's right I have a maxed out AA build 10pt Captain even did the LvL 4 Manual AA  Yet WG has so de-rated the 134mm QF 50  and quad Pom Poms a KGV AA build is a waste.   In the KGV I do fair against T7 DBs but forget T7 Torpedo planes or any Tier 8-9.  You are dead!   How a Cleveland class CL has more AA rating with 12 5/38s than 16 134 QF50s plus better range is beyond me.  WG hates RN AA.  The Pom Poms  in full powered mounts are underrated by WG as well.  Yes a slight range advantage should go to the Bofors 40mm but not .5km!  .25 yes.  Fire volume  and thus explosive shell weight favors the Pom Pom.    I warn you after the QE its all down hill from there!

  

IRL, the RN aimed for barrages rather than individual mounts' ability to single out planes and focus them down, aka "You Shall Not Pass!" type of flak barrage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×