You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Skyline_Catcher

PayPal Pack [edited].

34 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
4,096 battles

just received this e-mail. I am shocked how they could add ship restriction for the bonus XP after most people paid for the pack, for the bonus XP.

Wargaming.net <no-reply@wargaming.net>

6:54 PM (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
 to me
cleardot.gif

Greetings Captain, 

Due to a discrepancy within our payment system and our news article seen [here](https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/buddy-ol-pal/) we have gone ahead and compensated you 30 days of premium time. 

The reason for this is because in our news article we stated that the PayPal Pack Mission - Tier VIII was for all ships Tier VIII and above, while it was actually only for Premium Ships Atago, Tirpitz, Mikhail Kutuzov. 

This has been corrected in our article, however because you purchased the bundle before the article was updated we wanted to ensure that you were compensated for our error. 

Lastly, there should have been a 15% discount coupon applied to your account from this bundle that may not have been sent your way. We have corrected this as well, and you should see that on your account now.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you, and hope you have a fantastic day. 

Good luck and fair seas! 

This is hilarious, sad and mostly outrageous at the same time. WG, how could you let this happen when the GZ incident was not even a month passed. Seriously. Anyway, I have updated my ticket and requested a refund, I suggest anyone who bought the pack do the same thing.

• Cool 3

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

The fact that they are doing their best to rectify the mistake pretty much cancels out your gripe—unless you'd rather they just ignored it and moved on.

Mistakes will happen; it's how you react to them that matters.

Members
25 posts
4,096 battles
Just now, Goodwood_Alpha said:

The fact that they are doing their best to rectify the mistake pretty much cancels out your gripe—unless you'd rather they just ignored it and moved on.

Yes, mistakes happen. However, in WG's case, it happens a bit too often. Probably it will cancel out my gripe when they accept my refund request. 

And yes, they decided to give out 30 days of premium time to make up for their mistake. But that doesnt fix the problem in my opinion. It is false advertisement. Imagine going to a restaurant and order steak, and they make you pork chop instead, but they give you an extra lamb for their mistake. 

Edited by MKzhou
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
6 minutes ago, MKzhou said:

Yes, mistakes happen. However, in WG's case, it happens a bit too often. Probably it will cancel out my gripe when they accept my refund request. 

If you already used any of what came in the PayPal Pack then it'll normally void your chance of a refund.

Edited by renegadestatuz

Members
25 posts
4,096 battles
Just now, renegadestatuz said:

If you already used any of what came in the PayPal Pack then it'll void your chance of a refund.

Luckly i dont think i used any of what came in that pack. I have enough gold and premium time before the purchase, i just wanted the xp boost to grind up several ships down the line. 

Members
504 posts
2,823 battles
14 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

The pricing should be insulting to the player base though. This is literally the most restrictive and worst value pack I've ever seen WG release and im saying that as a long time WOT player.

Edited by ksix
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
573 posts
4,524 battles

Amended, no email for me, but I did get 30 extra premium days added to my account.

Edited by _greifer

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
8 minutes ago, ksix said:

The pricing should be insulting to the player base though. This is literally the most restrictive and worst value pack I've ever seen WG release and im saying that as a long time WOT player.

If you thought the price was insulting, then you shouldn't have bought it. If you haven't bought it but think it is insulting, then don't buy it.

Just because you find it insulting doesn't mean that everyone will. While that might make me sound like a WG apologist, there is no denying objective reality. Personally, I don't use PayPal, for various reasons that have nothing to do with WG or this game, so I have no dog in this particular race.

Members
154 posts
4,245 battles

"Compensation" email received (really don't need more premium time) and original support ticket answered. I just re-opened the ticket and asked for a refund. The PayPal mission was a good deal to me when I bought it under it's advertised unrestricted ship conditions and now it is no longer the same package and I no longer perceive it to be worth the money to be restricted for higher tiers. Being able to stack more multipliers on all my tier 10 ships with flags and the mission on a win sure would have been nice, but for some reason the missions had to be re-worked after release.

Members
25 posts
4,096 battles
Just now, Goodwood_Alpha said:

If you thought the price was insulting, then you shouldn't have bought it. If you haven't bought it but think it is insulting, then don't buy it.

Just because you find it insulting doesn't mean that everyone will. While that might make me sound like a WG apologist, there is no denying objective reality. Personally, I don't use PayPal, for various reasons that have nothing to do with WG or this game, so I have no dog in this particular race.

The price was acceptable WHEN the xp bonus is for all the T8 and plus ships. It saves me a lot of time grinding for the T10 and I would buy it. 

And I just noticed their updates in the news article itself. I dont think they know what they were doing. 

Even Further Developments (9/8): Please be advised, the "PayPal Pack Mission - Tier VIII" functions only for: Atago, Tirpitz, Mikhail Kutuzov. If you bought this bundle before we fixed it, you'll be compensated. Thank you again for your patience. 

15:59 PT/18:59 ET: Coupons are currently functional, anyone who bought the bundle but didn't get the coupon will get theirs as of

16:52 PT/19:52 ET September 8. Please be advised, these coupons are for Premium Shop Purchase only. 

Further Developments (9/8) We've confirmed that players weren't getting the coupon or the repeatable bonus for tier VIII+ ships. Sit tight! We're working on a fix! 

Mission Possible (9/8) The PayPal missions won't show up in your mission tab, but the bonuses will still apply when you win a battle. You can see the bonuses in your after-battle screen. (Currently players are only reporting the lower-tier bonus being applied)

See how they were "working on a fix"  and then they decided the fix is to remove the bonus.

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
2 minutes ago, PlayerAltF4 said:

"Compensation" email received (really don't need more premium time) and original support ticket answered. I just re-opened the ticket and asked for a refund. The PayPal mission was a good deal to me when I bought it under it's advertised unrestricted ship conditions and now it is no longer the same package and I no longer perceive it to be worth the money to be restricted for higher tiers. Being able to stack more multipliers on all my tier 10 ships with flags and the mission on a win sure would have been nice, but for some reason the missions had to be re-worked after release.

I can certainly understand the sentiment you have, and agree with you (and others, ofc) who want refunds, however I do have one question: are you certain that the included mission was changed after release, or is it a matter of the advertisement being incorrect? Both are errors, but one is a bit more important than the other.

Members
25 posts
4,096 battles
Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

You're complaining? Seems they more then made up for it with the 30 days of premium. 

can't tell if you are being sarcastic....but i'd rather have the xp bonus then any premium times.... i have like 200+ days of premium on my account from purchasing different ship bundles....i dont need more premium times XD.

• Cool 1

Members
154 posts
4,245 battles
3 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

I can certainly understand the sentiment you have, and agree with you (and others, ofc) who want refunds, however I do have one question: are you certain that the included mission was changed after release, or is it a matter of the advertisement being incorrect? Both are errors, but one is a bit more important than the other.

Direct quote from the Wargaming email I received regarding my purchase and compensation

The reason for this is because in our news article we stated that the PayPal Pack Mission - Tier VIII was for all ships Tier VIII and above, while it was actually only for Premium Ships Atago, Tirpitz, Mikhail Kutuzov. 

This has been corrected in our article, however because you purchased the bundle before the article was updated we wanted to ensure that you were compensated for our error. 

Wargaming advertised it as tier 8 and up for all ships (this is why I made my purchase). They admit that this was an error and changed the advertisement after I made my purchase. There is no possible way for me (as a consumer) to know that what was advertised was not what the developers truly intended.

11 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

You're complaining? Seems they more then made up for it with the 30 days of premium. 

While I can appreciate Wargaming trying to compensate me for their mistake; an extra 30 days of premium time does nothing for me when I won't be able to play the game in a few months due to work/life obligations (hence the reason I buy premium time with ships/during months when I know I can play).

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

They gave you 30 freaking days of premium time and you have the gall to complain about a simple mistake?

Seriously, just shut up and be thankful they bothered to give you anything. They could have very well have given you jack squat.

The freaking entitlement these days, I swear to god...

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
1 minute ago, PlayerAltF4 said:

Wargaming advertised it as tier 8 and up for all ships (this is why I made my purchase). They admit that this was an error and changed the advertisement after I made my purchase. There is no possible way for me (as a consumer) to know that what was advertised was not what the developers truly intended.

Right, and that isn't under dispute. I only question your assertion that the bonus mission was changed after the release of the bundle.

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles

OP has a point, they advertised one thing and meant another.  They can refund the purchase or give what was advertised, the customer shouldn't be held responsible when their official advertisement was wrong.  

I would push the ticket again, that is a no brainer imo.

• Cool 1

Members
25 posts
4,096 battles
9 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Right, and that isn't under dispute. I only question your assertion that the bonus mission was changed after the release of the bundle.

If you look at the news article you will notice at some point, they were "working on a fix for the issue that T8 and plus ships not getting the bonus. 

However, in they latest statement they kind of stated the "fix" was the bonus was really only for those three ships. 

I really don't think they know what they were doing.

[CHA0S]
Members
56 posts
9,068 battles
1 hour ago, renegadestatuz said:

If you already used any of what came in the PayPal Pack then it'll normally void your chance of a refund.

Let me guess, the company is always right!

I love this game but must agree that misinformation is not acceptable. Would WG accept my information just because I claimed it. No, they would not.

Keeping the player appropriately informed is not our responsibility. WG has that responsibility, and if this continues then it only indicates that WG has no supervision of information being posted. Someone in their position should always have "fact-checkers" review information before posting. It is basic business practice.

• Cool 1

[-CHH-]
Members
89 posts
3,952 battles

I was hoping they would fix this, not credit us with premium time; I already have a metric crapload of premium time; 30 more days won't do me any good until late next year, whereas the xp bonus would be useful right now.

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,978 battles
1 hour ago, Aethon said:

I was hoping they would fix this, not credit us with premium time; I already have a metric crapload of premium time; 30 more days won't do me any good until late next year, whereas the xp bonus would be useful right now.

Yeah, I am in the same boat, I have premium time to last me well past Christmas 2018. I had 4 ship grinds at tier 8 and thought that this would be perfect to help grind out a few lines. When it didn't work, I submitted a ticket with screen shots. I have yet to receive a reply to my ticket, but got the e-mail explaining the discrepency. I will also be asking for a refund as its not that great a deal for the doubloons and premium time (which I do not really need) by themselves. I have no use for yet another 30 days of premium time and I am not going to spam Atago, Kutuzov and Tirpitz when 1/3 of that bonus is going to be locked behind yet another paywall.

To those of you complaining about "whining": What if someone had excessive premium time already but did not own either of the 3 ships it is now restricted to in higher tiers? It would now be completely useless to them. It is in my case. It was pretty much even for what the doubloons and premium were worth, the ONLY reason I bought this bundle was the additional advertised rewards for T8+, which is now worthless to me. It's a bait and switch: We are going to give you a super bonus stacked on everything and then tell you no, we're just going to give you your current bonus for longer.

Why can we not complain about WG screwing up something they advertised when their compensation for the mistake is redundant for some of us? 

• Cool 2

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,978 battles
2 hours ago, Kitsunelegend said:

They gave you 30 freaking days of premium time and you have the gall to complain about a simple mistake?

Seriously, just shut up and be thankful they bothered to give you anything. They could have very well have given you jack squat.

The freaking entitlement these days, I swear to god...

Someone is complaining about receiving something completely different than advertised and you have the gall to rip into them for complaining about false advertising and being compensated with something they do not need. Freaking entitlement these days...

Shut up and stop complaining about people complaining

(Yes, tongue is firmly in cheek, before someone complains about me complaining about someone complaining about someone complaining)

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,047 posts
9,275 battles

I got the same email with same compensation and I am totally fine with it.

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,978 battles
2 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

I got the same email with same compensation and I am totally fine with it.

That's good, if someone needed premium time, it's a great deal if they bought it early.