Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Xebecer

CV mistakenly selected

7 comments in this topic

[CT209]
Beta Testers
20 posts
9,524 battles

Playing CV, sometimes, but not always, when I click on the first squadron, the game instead thinks I am selecting the ship.  When I click on the other side of the map (where I want to send fighters), it instead directs the ship to go there.  I don't always notice the error, and my CV heads right into the enemy.  I have watched this happen many times when I KNOW I clicked on the first squadron, not the ship.

I don't have any mods installed.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
287 posts
13,584 battles

If you look at the squadrons... you will see that the ship listed as 1 and fighters are 2-x 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts

Yes. Utilize the number keys as stated: 1 is the carrier, 2 through however many you have are your planes. You can hold the shift key, press numbers and group more than one together for movement or attack.

[CT209]
Beta Testers
20 posts
9,524 battles

You guys need to work on your reading skills.

Yes, the number keys work for selecting squadrons.  But, if WoWS is going to offer the option of selecting by clicking, it should work consistently, which it does not.

[5D]
Members
2,208 posts
13,930 battles

From my experience playing CVs it's usually user error not WG programming. Additionally, if you are sailing so long and not checking your position well that's on you and only you.

[WAG]
Beta Testers
673 posts
5,400 battles
1 hour ago, Xebecer said:

Playing CV, sometimes, but not always, when I click on the first squadron, the game instead thinks I am selecting the ship.  When I click on the other side of the map (where I want to send fighters), it instead directs the ship to go there.  I don't always notice the error, and my CV heads right into the enemy.  I have watched this happen many times when I KNOW I clicked on the first squadron, not the ship.

I don't have any mods installed.

ive had this happen a couple times. ive found its better to ignore the option to do that, and just use the 1-7 Z and alt keys when dealing with planes.

(1+Z+alt clicking a attacking plane is an often forgotten, but very helpful ability the CV has to mitigate air attack)

Sign in to follow this