You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Slayer

Hurricane Irma

48 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
935 posts
7,286 battles

Ladies, Gentleman

As I type this, Hurricane Irma is expected make a major impact on Southwest Florida, Fort Myers, my Home.

At this point, I am trying figure out what to take and what I leave behind, a most trying endeavor.

I do not know what the near future brings. I do know that I will be unable to play this game.

I hope to see and play against you all again within the future.

Until then this is Lord_Slayer signing out.

• Cool 25

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
6 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I do not know what the near future brings. I do know that I will be unable to play this game.

That you even found the time to post that indicates you are a true WoWs player. Fair seas man and hope all goes well for you.

Let's all give him a +1

Edited by Stauffenberg44
  • Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
339 posts
2,240 battles

Best of luck to you. On the skirts of Irma in SC. Nothing too bad expected here, but I do wish the best for Florida.

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles

Phone, laptop, hard drives or anything with data, and any documents with personal information. After that, grab a full tank of gas and get the f*ck out of dodge, no point in risking your own skin. Property can be rebuilt. Life cannot.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,606 posts
3,346 battles

Wishing you the best.  I'm located in Melbourne, so we'll be getting Irma, but nowhere near as badly as you guys.  

Stay safe and go bow-on.

[TBOW]
Members
1,178 posts
10,413 battles

To everyone in Florida and the surrounding area prayers that you are not harmed over the weekend that Irma will lose some of it's punch.

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

My favorite uncle is in Key West, so you bet I'm worried about him and what Irma might very well do to the Keys especially. The last time they got hit was the Labor Day Hurricane of 1935, which caused massive damage and killed well over four hundred people.

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Gonna be a rough time for Florida. :Smile_sad: My grandparents used to live in Ft. Myers, so I know it pretty well. Just keep you and yours safe, we will be here when you get somewhere where you are away from the storm. 

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
2 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

we will be here when you get somewhere where you are away from the storm. 

"What he saw, beyond the Wall, it's coming for us.”

• Cool 1

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,454 battles

Be safe everyone in Florida. Harvey is passed but the damage is still here. We Texans will try and help Florida as well.

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
1 minute ago, Unabletony said:

Be safe everyone in Florida. Harvey is passed but the damage is still here. We Texans will try and help Florida as well.

"The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans!" - General Robert E. Lee, CSA

[not trying to be controversial]

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,370 posts
7,948 battles

Good luck, like the other guy said laptop, important document, data, etc. 

Baring that though, if you have the option agreeing with Denathor on this one -

Seriously, it's all just stuff, it's replaceable, leave it. Find high ground, preferably in a solid as hell concrete structure that can survive wind AND debris from 185 mile per hour winds or even if it's down to 155, still launch cars and trees. Seeing as leaving the state is getting harder. Between the hurricanes or what we've got of them and the likes of Sandy in the Philly area, or just outside it, tornadoes small as they be, floods, learned well it is seriously best to, pardon the language, get the ever living :etc_swear: out of mother natures way when she starts throwing things like this.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,420 battles

If you have dogs, for God's sake don't leave them behind. GL.

1,266 posts
13 battles

Prayers for all in the path. I'm in South Carolina and it was heading straight for us after it made landfall in Florida and passed through Georgia, but the track has shifted slightly west, so we're still due for some heavy rain, wind, and tornadoes. 

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
779 posts
6,638 battles

Hunkering down in the Fort Lauderdale area which is 40 minutes north of Miami. The eye of the storm shifted slightly towards the west and now looks like it's going to strike cities on the west coast like Naples, Fort Myers, Port Charlotte, and Sarasota directly. Nevertheless it's still a category 4 hurricane; this'll be a first for me.

We'll see what happens...

EYvaVUZHSAqN9sh78mSR_brace-yourselves.jp

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
16 posts
5,273 battles
1 hour ago, DerKrampus said:

Wishing you the best.  I'm located in Melbourne, so we'll be getting Irma, but nowhere near as badly as you guys.  

Stay safe and go bow-on.

In West Melbourne myself. Riding it out. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,501 battles
2 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Ladies, Gentleman

As I type this, Hurricane Irma is expected make a major impact on Southwest Florida, Fort Myers, my Home.

At this point, I am trying figure out what to take and what I leave behind, a most trying endeavor.

I hope to see and play against you all again within the future.

Until then this is Lord_Slayer signing out.

Good luck , be safe .. will pray for  you !!