You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

147 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
460 battles

Can anyone explain to me the sense of having a Pan-Asia line of destroyers?

If Pan-Asia is going to be a separate faction in the game, why is Japan not included? Wargaming just offended all of its Japanese players by disqualifying them from being Asians. And you know how Japanese are sensitive about offense, face and honor.

The Pan-Asia line needs to be folded into the Japanese tech tree. It only makes complete sense.

First of all, Japan is a part of Asia as mentioned earlier.

Secondly, the entire concept of Pan-Asia or Greater Asia was an idea promulgated by the Japanese during World War II. To encourage collaborators from their occupied territories, the Japanese began labelling their empire "The Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere." Conquest by the Japanese was sold to the occupied people as "empowering" and "uniting" them into a power that could stand up to the Western powers. From wikipedia "[The Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere] was declared with the intention to create a self-sufficient "bloc of Asian nations led by the Japanese and free of Western powers". It was announced in a radio address entitled "The International Situation and Japan's Position" by Foreign Minister Hachirō Arita on June 29, 1940. Policy theorists who conceived it, as well as the vast majority of the Japanese population at large, largely saw it for its pan-Asian ideals of freedom and independence from Western colonial oppression."

As you can see from the picture below, of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere (i.e. the Japanese Empire) at its greatest extent, it included all the nations in the Pan-Asia line plus Japan, e.g. Thailand, Taiwan, Korea, the coasts of China, Indonesia.

450px-Greater_Asian_Co-prosperity_sphere

Thirdly, from a gameplay and quality of life perspective having Pan-Asian ships in the Japanese tech tree would be the preferable option. Wargaming loves selling people premium ships, right? Well, players could use the infinitely superior Japanese premium ships (Kii, Atago, etc.) to train their Pan-Asia ship captains, boosting sales of these premium ships. Wargaming, you do love money right? Well, you would be losing money if you made Pan-Asia a separate faction in the game.

As you can see, there is no logical explanation for having a separate Pan-Asia tech tree/nation. So Wargaming, please make it so and fold the planned Pan-Asian destroyer line into the Japanese tech tree. After all, is Japan not known for its folded steel? I'm sure Yuro will agree.

Edited by banzai014

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

Eh.

You seem to be advocating for things that do not really affect you, therefore why would this be a good idea? Your logic is based almost entirely on emotion, and you seem to think that the various nations represented in the game are "factions" like in some MMORPG, when the opposite is true. This game specifically does not have a faction system, nor do Wargaming's other multiplayer titles—there is little point to it outside of historical battles, and those are often (rightly or wrongly) considered a failure—at least in WoT.

• Cool 7

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,320 posts

You're going at this from the very wrong way...
TL;DR: Indonesia, Sinagpore, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, etc etc etc didn't have enough of a navy to make a full tree.

[SIM]
Members
2,435 posts
4,068 battles

This is obviously a troll topic, but in case you aren't aware, Japan has a legacy of brutality against a lot of other cultures in East Asia. I doubt that many of them want to be lumped in with a nation that brutalized them. 

• Cool 13

[SOUP]
7,320 posts
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

This is obviously a troll topic, but in case you aren't aware, Japan has a legacy of brutality against a lot of other cultures in East Asia. I doubt that many of them want to be lumped in with a nation that brutalized them. 

Yet they always lump Canadian vehicles in with Americans rather than British...

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Yeah, the other cultures probably don't want to be lumped in with Japan...

[KP]
Members
1,996 posts
18,419 battles
3 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Ding ding ding you win the internet  for today!

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
1 minute ago, Chobittsu said:

Well, don't Canadians drive on the "right" side of the road, just like us Americans? :Smile_trollface:

[SYN]
Members
14,370 posts
10,239 battles

You know he's a troll and has been making troll threads in the past, when you see negative 353 reputation under the name...

• Cool 6

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,375 posts
7,962 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

Essentially this, Pan-Asia is covering China, and I think a few others lacking full navies, but is as such due to also trying to NOT step on toes. While the flag may still see use in the Japanese Navy, Wargaming will not allow anything close to the Rising Sun Motif due to events of WW2 and atrocities committed by the Japanese that will anger the Chinese, rightfully so much as I may argue on flags/markings there should be a setting switch for the sake of authenticity for those that want it. But, legal stuff, may not be best to mess with it.

You throw Chinese ships in as part of the IJN, you know not the :etc_swear: storm that would rain down from it.

4 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Pretty sure that's cause we share a continent, though, only ones I recall are tanks that I think had ties to the US - keyword, think.

[SIM]
Members
2,435 posts
4,068 battles
8 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Show me, on this map of Canada, where America brutalized you?

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
7,320 posts
Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

-353.... that's just amazing...

How do you even do that? We don't even have a downvote feature!

• Cool 1

Members
13 posts
460 battles
11 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

You know he's a troll and has been making troll threads in the past, when you see negative 353 reputation under the name...

You do know I got -353 rep not for trolling but because Circon's fan base (Circon is a well-known streamer) dog piled on to me after I reposted an embarrassing video of his battleship fail right?

Edited by banzai014

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,331 battles
1 minute ago, Chobittsu said:

How do you even do that? We don't even have a downvote feature!

And in only 10 post too! 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,430 posts
25,296 battles
15 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

Yeah, the other cultures probably don't want to be lumped in with Japan...

The Taiwanese certainly would not mind, they love Japan. Really the only nation that has serious Japan problems is China. 

Anyway, the dude is just offering a troll topic. The Pan-Asia line is a great idea since the ships will be a little different, and new vehicles are a good thing.

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles

It's to pander to China, who hates Japan. Folding their boats into Japan would enrage the Chinese playerbase.

• Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
2 minutes ago, banzai014 said:

You do know I got -353 rep not for trolling but because Circon's fan base (Circon is a well-known streamer) dog piled on to me after I reposted an embarrassing video of his battleship fail right?

Because it's always someone else's fault.

Cry us a river, build a bridge, and GET OVER IT!:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,923 posts
12,454 battles

I don't think the Chinese would appreciate being lumped in with the perpetrators of the *beep* of Nanking.

• Cool 2

Members
2,274 posts
7,330 battles

IJN is the only asian nation that has enough ships to fill a full tech tree line. Other nations had few ships so WG is gathering them in a single "Pan Asian" line. 

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

I wonder why someone with the name of banzai might want this.  Hmmmm.

• Cool 1

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,737 posts
2,013 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

I don't think the Chinese would appreciate being lumped in with the perpetrators of the *beep* of Nanking.

Great Chinese Famine. Though to be honest, that was out of ignorance and stupidity.