You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

The new lows people will stoop to.

63 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles

I just played a match in my Texas, after which I received this lovely message in forum PM:

Spoiler

in your texas, an you were divisioned with another [edited],  well done.

you skill in game does not equal your craptastic attitude like you are the best player in the game lol.   well done.

hey tell your [edited] friend to shoot once in a while,  it helps win on maps like straits

Funny thing is, that was sent from a username that wasn't in the match I played with my Texas.

However, the person who sent me the hate PM I mentioned in this post, was.

The new lows people will stoop to. Using alt accounts to send hate PMs on the forum.

• Cool 1

[RBIA]
Members
337 posts
8,246 battles

*points silently to your sig*

Sorry to see you're getting a lot of hate. :/ I like your contributions to the community, especially in the Lertboxes of LWM's ship reviews. By the way, I never congratulated you on that incredible dodge of my Izyaslav torps in your Corgi Iwaki. I was so salty about that that I just remained silent to you for a few days to prevent saying anything stupid. :V Congrats, man - I've never seen a torpbeat like that one.:Smile_honoring:

--IronDuke

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles
1 minute ago, IronDuke17 said:

By the way, I never congratulated you on that incredible dodge of my Izyaslav torps in your Corgi Iwaki.

Thank you very kindly.

I'm actually hoping you have the replay of that. I don't, and I would very much like to have it. If you do, can you send me a PM?

[RBIA]
Members
337 posts
8,246 battles

I actually do have it. It'll take me a moment to find, as it's buried in the wall of replays I have dating back several months. :V I think I can find it by looking for a replay dated the same time as the screenshot I took...:fish_book:

--IronDuke

Alpha Tester
2,282 posts
4,358 battles

There are just a lot of people that WG need to get rid off..  as your partner in the team, I looked back at the results...  interesting that the person involved was bottom of the team in a top tier DD.

Perhaps that's why he had time to send more hate mail.

@NikoPower  wg needs to lock this down and get rid of these people poisoning the game with hate.

m

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Well then. This is an interesting development...:Smile_coin:

[ANTK]
Members
1,719 posts
3,130 battles

There is hate in game and on the forums sometimes but the way this (supposedly one) guy is harassing you you'd figure you had killed his pet or something. 

[YORHA]
Members
3,244 posts
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

Thank you very kindly.

I'm actually hoping you have the replay of that. I don't, and I would very much like to have it. If you do, can you send me a PM?

11 minutes ago, IronDuke17 said:

I actually do have it. It'll take me a moment to find, as it's buried in the wall of replays I have dating back several months. :V I think I can find it by looking for a replay dated the same time as the screenshot I took...:fish_book:

--IronDuke

If you do have it can you convert it to video Lert (for long term keepsake reasons)?

If you can't convert it  send it to me and I will convert it to .mp4.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

If you can't convert it  send it to me and I will convert it to .mp4.

I'll CC you.

[YORHA]
Members
3,244 posts

Ok. If the game is over 11 mins then it will be in two parts (limitation of the software I am using I guess).

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,728 posts
7,354 battles

My issue isn't the attitude, my issue is people, for some reason, believe this is acceptable behavior.

It isn't, no matter what they have been taught or observed.

Members
197 posts
8,366 battles
41 minutes ago, Lert said:

I just played a match in my Texas, after which I received this lovely message in forum PM:

Reveal hidden contents

in your texas, an you were divisioned with another [edited],  well done.

you skill in game does not equal your craptastic attitude like you are the best player in the game lol.   well done.

hey tell your [edited] friend to shoot once in a while,  it helps win on maps like straits

Funny thing is, that was sent from a username that wasn't in the match I played with my Texas.

However, the person who sent me the hate PM I mentioned in this post, was.

The new lows people will stoop to. Using alt accounts to send hate PMs on the forum.

Such entitlement !!!!!!!

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

At the risk of coming across as "that guy," perhaps it isn't a good idea to advertise the fact that you get hate mail, even if you don't include the user's name (or their alt, in this case). Make no mistake, I'm not trying to defend the post or its contents, rather I am proposing that even hinting at the possibility that this person was successful in either a). getting under your skin or b). demonstrating the sinking standards of the community's fringe elements, could in fact encourage more folks to try for their fifteen seconds of e-fame. Even if their names aren't attached, they will most likely recognize the words used, and for the average troll, that is enough to know they got through to you.

Remember, the primary motivation behind the troll is to get a reaction. And you have the power to deny what they crave.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles
2 minutes ago, Aussie_Aussie_Aussie said:

Such entitlement !!!!!!!

Oh, hey, someone's bitter.

Hi, how's you.

Members
296 posts
39 battles
36 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

There are just a lot of people that WG need to get rid off..  as your partner in the team, I looked back at the results...  interesting that the person involved was bottom of the team in a top tier DD.

Perhaps that's why he had time to send more hate mail.

@NikoPower  wg needs to lock this down and get rid of these people poisoning the game with hate.

m

dude muh hate lmbo xddd

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles
1 minute ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

My issue isn't the attitude, my issue is people, for some reason, believe this is acceptable behavior.

It isn't, no matter what they have been taught or observed.

I completely agree with you (as in past posts) on this topic.  However, I think this is when we just cue the chorus of "it's just the internet, grow a thicker skin, hit the mute button, etc."

Please go ahead and describe in detail in game chat about how I messed up in a match so I can get better at the game.  I will honestly listen and understand what you are specifically upset about.  But the whole deal about spamming people with PM's to "get AIDS and die in a fire," or following folks back to their port or garage and harassing them (which seemed to happen a lot more in tanks) is just ridiculous.  It's sad to think about what the home life is like for some of these people.

Members
197 posts
8,366 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Oh, hey, someone's bitter.

Hi, how's you.

I great thanks!!!

bitterness is not something I am

now your a Physchologist and mind reader as well

Such entitlement

re-read my reply Lert

Hypocrisy is a skill isn't it. 

I remember some of your posts on the forums you should check yourself before trying to be Mightier than thou...

perhaps the PM while unacceptable has some truth to it????

enjoy your day I hope all goes well for you..

o7

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,728 posts
7,354 battles
1 minute ago, delp5117 said:

I completely agree with you (as in past posts) on this topic.  However, I think this is when we just cue the chorus of "it's just the internet, grow a thicker skin, hit the mute button, etc."

Please go ahead and describe in detail in game chat about how I messed up in a match so I can get better at the game.  I will honestly listen and understand what you are specifically upset about.  But the whole deal about spamming people with PM's to "get AIDS and die in a fire," or following folks back to their port or garage and harassing them (which seemed to happen a lot more in tanks) is just ridiculous.  It's sad to think about what the home life is like for some of these people.

Well hey there, how're you doing? :)

[SIM]
Members
2,430 posts
4,060 battles

Nothing that this community does surprises me. Not to say that there aren't great people in WoWs, but the bad ones trend towards being super-toxic.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles
Just now, Aussie_Aussie_Aussie said:

I great thanks!!!

bitterness is not something I am

now your a Physchologist and mind reader as well

Such entitlement

re-read my reply Lert

Hypocrisy is a skill isn't it. 

I remember some of your posts on the forums you should check yourself before trying to be Mightier than thou...

perhaps the PM while unacceptable has some truth to it????

enjoy your day I hope all goes well for you..

o7

Dude, I don't even know what you're trying to say here. But you do seem very, very bitter.