Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

RN BB captain skills?

6 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
Members
458 posts

What are the skill you will take and in what order?

I have 16-pt captain and 11-pt Jack Dunkirk. 

Jack Dunkirk seems unnecessary for higher tier RN BB. Maybe Jack is best to be kept on CL. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,499 posts
2,069 battles

Haven't gone up the RN BB line (though am fooling around with it on the PTS today.). As a BB player, I'd go PT first, though some may disagree. Then it's EM if you're like me and have to have the turrets turn with the ship, or AR if you don't care. Then SI, extra heal. I really don't see any other skill more important, I'd come back to Vigilance if you really need it. Concealment is obviously your 1st 4 pointer. I'd go Fire prevention next, don't really see anything better for the Brits. Then of course you can go back and pick up whatever you want. Either AR or EM, whichever you didn't get first time around. Expert loader because HE is usable. PM is always nice. Maybe vigilance for better torpedobeats.

Members
451 posts
7,844 battles

This is the definitive RN BB commander build IMO. Switching out superintendent for  basics of survivability is optional.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000100010000001010100000119

Edit: Wanted to throw this in here for conversation. I created a second build which is perfect for Dunkirk. High tier RN BBs have such a huge heal that sometimes I feel like superintendent is not worth it. The long cooldowns might make skills that reduce those more attractive since the value of using the heal once on RN BBs is more than increasing the amount of times you can use it. There might be some maths somewhere to back this up but I dont know. I also forgoed vigilance in this one because usually somebody else is running it (its a gamble I know). Choosing vigilance or basics of survivability is up to you.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1010000001100010100000000100000119

Edited by MegaPutin

[W-P-E]
Members
458 posts
1 hour ago, MegaPutin said:

This is the definitive RN BB commander build IMO. Switching out superintendent for  basics of survivability is optional.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000100010000001010100000119

Edit: Wanted to throw this in here for conversation. I created a second build which is perfect for Dunkirk. High tier RN BBs have such a huge heal that sometimes I feel like superintendent is not worth it. The long cooldowns might make skills that reduce those more attractive since the value of using the heal once on RN BBs is more than increasing the amount of times you can use it. There might be some maths somewhere to back this up but I dont know. I also forgoed vigilance in this one because usually somebody else is running it (its a gamble I know). Choosing vigilance or basics of survivability is up to you.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1010000001100010100000000100000119

Why Fire Prevention? No one use that on USA or German or IJN right?

3 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Haven't gone up the RN BB line (though am fooling around with it on the PTS today.). As a BB player, I'd go PT first, though some may disagree. Then it's EM if you're like me and have to have the turrets turn with the ship, or AR if you don't care. Then SI, extra heal. I really don't see any other skill more important, I'd come back to Vigilance if you really need it. Concealment is obviously your 1st 4 pointer. I'd go Fire prevention next, don't really see anything better for the Brits. Then of course you can go back and pick up whatever you want. Either AR or EM, whichever you didn't get first time around. Expert loader because HE is usable. PM is always nice. Maybe vigilance for better torpedobeats.

Edited by USSRichardNixon

Sign in to follow this