Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Finally pulled the trigger on Missouri

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,224
Members
4,085 posts
15,012 battles
2 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Wyoming oversight corrected.

 

ZYKnFK1.jpg

 

 

 I just can't see the point of the Iowa C hull.  If I am missing something please tell me.

Maybe you can clarify this for me; You wouldn't happen to like US BBs would you? Just wondering... :cap_wander:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,044
[YORHA]
Members
3,731 posts
6,405 battles
14 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Maybe you can clarify this for me; You wouldn't happen to like US BBs would you? Just wondering... :cap_wander:

 

Can't stand them.  Slow, bad guns, no armor.  Pathetic really.

 

Needs major buffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,083 posts
10,202 battles

My house is full:

Icon Name Tier Type Nation Battles ▼ WR Dmg XP K/D Sh☠ Pl☠ Srv MBH TH WTR
  12345678910 DDCA/CLBBCV FranceGermanyJapanPolandUKUSAUSSR  
PASB008.png Colorado 7 BB usa.svg USA 109 62.39% 46,850 1,655 2.6 0.9 3.6 64% 24% 0% 1,246
PASB018.png Iowa 9 BB usa.svg USA 87 49.43% 63,052 1,739 1.9 1.0 2.0 47% 25% 0% 1,111
PASB012.png North Carolina 8 BB usa.svg USA 82 45.12% 58,080 1,599 1.7 0.8 3.6 52% 22% 0% 1,093
PASB013.png Arkansas Beta 4 BB usa.svg USA 81 56.79% 54,277 1,258 2.8 1.4 0.0 49% 27% 0% 1,224
PASB705.png Texas 5 BB usa.svg USA 80 60.00% 51,249 1,488 2.5 1.2 2.4 50% 25% 0% 1,165
PASB506.png Arizona 6 BB usa.svg USA 66 51.52% 62,132 1,593 2.4 1.2 0.6 52% 26% 0% 1,110
PASB006.png New York 5 BB usa.svg USA 60 55.00% 45,343 1,342 2.1 1.1 0.8 48% 28% 0% 1,381
PASB034.png New Mexico 6 BB usa.svg USA 54 59.26% 52,737 1,647 3.3 1.1 1.3 67% 24% 0% 1,274
PASB004.png Wyoming 4 BB usa.svg USA 35 57.14% 49,092 1,259 2.9 1.3 0.9 54% 25% 0% 1,408
PASB001.png South Carolina 3 BB usa.svg USA 32 62.50% 47,498 1,206 3.8 1.7 0.0 56% 33% 0% 1,748
PASB017.png Montana 10 BB usa.svg USA 19 36.84% 70,478 1,558 1.4 0.8 1.1 42% 26% 0% 810
PASB509.png Missouri 9 BB usa.svg USA 17 35.29% 58,099 1,431 1.5 1.1 0.5 24% 25% 0% 831
PASB508.png Alabama 8 BB usa.svg USA 8 50.00% 71,149 1,542 1.3 0.6 0.6 50% 30% 0% 982

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,508
[SIM]
Members
2,909 posts
4,560 battles

Congratulations. She's a fine ship. I don't find her to be incredibly consistent, but when she's on, she's all the way on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,224
Members
4,085 posts
15,012 battles

I'm thinking about saving up my XP to buy Missouri. I'm sure that some of you have a lot of experience with her. Is She worth the 750k XP grind? (I'm only 1/3 of the way there)

Alabama and Tirpitz are my highest tier BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,130
[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
16 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I'm thinking about saving up my XP to buy Missouri. I'm sure that some of you have a lot of experience with her. Is She worth the 750k XP grind? (I'm only 1/3 of the way there)

Alabama and Tirpitz are my highest tier BBs.

Alabama might give you the best taste of Missouri play, but given that she's a tier higher, that might not make much of a difference in the end (but then I only have a few Randoms in my Trump Wagon :Smile_trollface:). My advice would be to continue the grind, saving your free XP as you improve your play (i.e., avoid using gold to convert), and then finally take the plunge once you've got enough. Also, watch Yuro's video about her. :cap_look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,116 posts
14,270 battles
5 hours ago, Lionel92 said:

Trust me, you are not missing anything about it ;)

Lol I beg to differ!

 

Arkbeta.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,044
[YORHA]
Members
3,731 posts
6,405 battles

Welp.. already regretting the purchase.  Not because of the ship... it's great.  Well, I think it's great, I can't really tell.

 

Because the "game play" at high tiers is so GAWDAWFUL BORING.  

 

I have only played a few games in Missouri and Iowa but every one is the same.  Everybody bunches up, heads for the nearest island and just camps there waiting for the other guys to stick their nose out out of sheer boredom and then everyone focuses him.  Lather, rinse repeat.  It is brutal.  

 

At least at tier VI people know what the friggin' WASD keys are for.  Of course then you have to face tier VIII opponents, but at least people play the game.

 

Please tell me it gets better.  Please...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[POP]
Members
301 posts
5,166 battles

T8-T10 play varies widely and is super dependant on the number of DDs. BBs can't rush into a point where 2 -4 DDs that can spit out 10+ torps that go 10+ kms may be lurking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,110
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,112 posts
13,517 battles
On 9/8/2017 at 6:30 PM, JCC45 said:

 

Can't stand them.  Slow, bad guns, no armor.  Pathetic really.

 

Needs major buffs.

 

The beauty of the RN line is the variety in play that they offer.  I have a full house of the US line, and still roll  'em out regularly.  But the RN line offers up some really nice differences... strategies.  The Hood Kiter, the QE fly swatter, the Warspite turner, the Nelson healer, the KGV flame thrower.  That's as far as I've got so far...but it's a really nice variety.

 

Not to mention, playing a line give the best insight into defeating the line when you're on the other side.  

 

Lastly, it's often not just one attribute.  For instance, the Hood is a great kiter...not just because it's fast...but it has fantastic point AA defense.  So it can often go it alone...to stretch a flank with the speed and defense to handle anything it encounters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,687
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,066 posts
5,584 battles
On 9/9/2017 at 8:14 PM, JCC45 said:

Welp.. already regretting the purchase.  Not because of the ship... it's great.  Well, I think it's great, I can't really tell.

 

Because the "game play" at high tiers is so GAWDAWFUL BORING.  

 

I have only played a few games in Missouri and Iowa but every one is the same.  Everybody bunches up, heads for the nearest island and just camps there waiting for the other guys to stick their nose out out of sheer boredom and then everyone focuses him.  Lather, rinse repeat.  It is brutal.  

 

At least at tier VI people know what the friggin' WASD keys are for.  Of course then you have to face tier VIII opponents, but at least people play the game.

 

Please tell me it gets better.  Please...

 

This.

 

I've realized that in order to play at Tiers 9 & 10 and have fun, I have to be in a cruiser to spice things up a bit.  I don't know if I'm going to bother with any more battleships over Tier 8 anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×