rafael_azuaje

HMS NELSON up to version 1945

31 comments in this topic

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles

I would like to know, if there is the possibility of uploading the neson to the 1945 version where the battleship carries full AA and another camo preserved the same, as it has the missuori that enjoys 2 camouflages.

the HMS NELSON would look like a TEXAS battleship slow but with full AA and dual camo, texas is version 1945.

- Six single QF 4.7 in/40 Mk VIII anti-aircraft guns with 36 DPS at 4.5 km

- Four quad 40mm Bofors with 63 DPS at 3.5 km

- Six octuple 40mm Pom Pom's with 118 DPS at 2.5 km

- Sixty nine single 20mm Oerlikon's with 248 DPS at 2 km

Admittedly, that would be a huge powercreep for close range AA at Tier VII but I think it's a possible good thing to balance around up seeing how much Free XP Nelson is worth. Her long range AA is still average and all of it is easily destroyed and all short range. Maybe an anti-dive bomber ship?

Another thing, would it be historically accurate to put HE into her 6 inch secondary guns? As far as I can read, Navweapons hints at there being HE available and carried however, there is not info about the shells. Nelson's gun apparently did see a shell upgrade later in the war to fire newer shells but I can't find much else. 

he can to have 2 camos versions 1943 and 1945 as MISSOURI

16d3f9d0bcc0ef29c43787aff38d3a5c.jpg

60d51c0be151c32a5b3d0b316d878a64.jpg

IMG_0480.JPG.9d33e67f61b37a68f31764ac9e513732.JPG

nellie201.jpg

nellie202.jpg

nellie203.jpg

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles

They won't make changes like that to a premium.  I suppose there's a tiny chance they'd consider Rodney as a regular premium someday with a late-war AA suite, but I highly doubt it.

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles
51 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

They won't make changes like that to a premium.  I suppose there's a tiny chance they'd consider Rodney as a regular premium someday with a late-war AA suite, but I highly doubt it.

AA 

Imagen1VS.jpg

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles

I'm saying they won't make that change to an existing premium.  Why they didn't use Nelson's late-war AA suite already I couldn't tell you, but they won't change it now.

Members
1,334 posts
2,683 battles
8 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

I'm saying they won't make that change to an existing premium.  Why they didn't use Nelson's late-war AA suite already I couldn't tell you, but they won't change it now.

I'm not exactly sure, pretty sure they've changed premiums in the past.

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles

Texas can fight against the RANGER, HIRYU, SAIPAN and KAGA squads. because its AA definition equals Tier7

but Nelson's story is sadly different versus TAHIO / ESSEX with his pathetic AA weak and very short range. between nelson unlike rodney, nelson received all the upgrades and upgrades AA even radar

the AA nelson is AS t6

Edited by rafael_azuaje

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles

You do realize that's part of the balancing of a ship, right?  Texas isn't that big a deal because while her AA is a no-fly zone, it is almost all short range, and at the end of the day she's still rolling 14" guns, so it isn't a huge problem if she can defend herself from CV strikes.  Nelson is another story.  She can bring 9 16" rifles to bear on targets without showing broadside.  Making her more vulnerable to CV strikes is used as a balancing tool. 

Bottom line is, this change will not happen, barring a complete change of philosophy by the dev team.  You're simply going to have to stick with other ships and try not to get isolated.  CVs look for lone BBs out there unprotected.

• Cool 1

Members
1,334 posts
2,683 battles
23 hours ago, kerensky914 said:

You do realize that's part of the balancing of a ship, right?  Texas isn't that big a deal because while her AA is a no-fly zone, it is almost all short range, and at the end of the day she's still rolling 14" guns, so it isn't a huge problem if she can defend herself from CV strikes.  Nelson is another story.  She can bring 9 16" rifles to bear on targets without showing broadside.  Making her more vulnerable to CV strikes is used as a balancing tool. 

Bottom line is, this change will not happen, barring a complete change of philosophy by the dev team.  You're simply going to have to stick with other ships and try not to get isolated.  CVs look for lone BBs out there unprotected.

Do you realize almost all of Nelson's AA is short ranged too? The 40mm Pom Pom's and 20mm Oerlikon's in her 1945 refit are destroyed so easily that her AA power crumbles as fast as Hood, all of the 20mm and 40mm DPS is allocated to the 2/2.5 km range, the American Bofors only ads like 63 DPS at 3.5 km.

Seeing how many times I've simply been focused and deleted by enemy carriers due to how sad my maneuverability and AA DPS are. It doesn't matter if you are sailing with teammates, if something like Saipan, Lexington or Enterprise decides you will die, you are basically helpless to stop them. 

Nelson is already extremely vulnerable to any ship armed with anything with 15 inch guns or above, meaning the majority of enemy battleships can simply lolpen you through your angled bow. Throw in the sheer amount of CL/CA spam you get and no, Nelson is not exactly an extremely strong ship. Heal or no heal, torpedo damage, citadels from Enterprise planes and battleships citadels don't exactly heal well.

Easy to break but potent close range AA would be a good buff to Nelson, as it would increase her survivability against dive bombers. 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
1 hour ago, xX_Critical_ClopOut69_Xx said:

Do you realize almost all of Nelson's AA is short ranged too?

Quite aware, but that's not my point.  Nelson has crappy AA intentionally as a balancing factor.  Right or wrong, that's how the devs see it, and it isn't going to get changed.  You and I might not agree with it, but at this point it doesn't matter.

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles
On 9/9/2017 at 5:01 PM, kerensky914 said:

Quite aware, but that's not my point.  Nelson has crappy AA intentionally as a balancing factor.  Right or wrong, that's how the devs see it, and it isn't going to get changed.  You and I might not agree with it, but at this point it doesn't matter.

nelson can to have garbage AA/secondaries but put ADD all AA version 1945+ camo of 1945 , and keep camo 1943 (optional) as missouri

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
2 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

nelson can to have garbage AA/secondaries but put ADD all AA version 1945+ camo of 1945 , and keep camo 1943 (optional) as missouri

As I said already, they aren't going to change a premium like that, and premiums don't have multiple versions.  Camo, sure, but not changing weapons or stats. They just don't do it, and I don't see that changing.

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles

PLEASE, to the WG team, I would like to know if it is possible to bring HMS Nelson to the 1944 version, which has a lot more AA and borfors, and another one too, thanks and regards ...

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles

Picture historical of  Nelson with camo versión 1944 And full AA borfors. Please WG Add this versión . And keep camo versión 1943 and 1944, but with AA 1944. Is just!

E90A817B-5E48-4A34-827D-3ED4B59567CF.png

Beta Testers
392 posts
3,388 battles

Sh*t AA is the trade-off for having 16 inches guns with Napalm bomb HE with 46% fire chance at tier 7. (Don't say the squishy armor is the trade-off, Nelson has super heal already)

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
On 10/18/2017 at 7:25 AM, rafael_azuaje said:

PLEASE, to the WG team, I would like to know if it is possible to bring HMS Nelson to the 1944 version, which has a lot more AA and borfors, and another one too, thanks and regards ...

Still tilting at this windmill, Señor Quixote?  Anything is possible, but this will not happen.

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles
On 27/10/2017 at 9:52 AM, theanhtb said:

Sh*t AA is the trade-off for having 16 inches guns with Napalm bomb HE with 46% fire chance at tier 7. (Don't say the squishy armor is the trade-off, Nelson has super heal already)

I talking about ADD AA version 1944 with camo brother , AA dont kill any ship, he has 46% good, lots BB has good HE but all used AP . sure is be interesant to see Nelson versio n 1944/45

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles
On 27/10/2017 at 9:53 AM, kerensky914 said:

Still tilting at this windmill, Señor Quixote?  Anything is possible, but this will not happen.

why not? Im fan nelson and he can be upgrade of 1944/45 with AA. he is slow, soft amored, bad secondaries range & reload. soft AA & bad range..  only I want than WG up version nelson wi th most AA, is it ALL

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles

What you or I want is immaterial.  They don't change premium ships.  Nelson is quite competitive as she stands right now, even with the weaknesses you mention (because balance, yo).

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles

blablabla balance, the american warships not to know the nerf! 

380867.jpg

nelson 1944 with camo and borfors AA, it is history!

Beta Testers
392 posts
3,388 battles
16 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

blablabla balance, the american warships not to know the nerf! 

380867.jpg

nelson 1944 with camo and borfors AA, it is history!

Maybe they can have a research-able version of Nelson with Borfos AA in the tech tree? Some trade-off will need tho, to separate it from the free exp one.

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles
6 hours ago, theanhtb said:

Maybe they can have a research-able version of Nelson with Borfos AA in the tech tree? Some trade-off will need tho, to separate it from the free exp one.

but if you can upgrade to version 1944, the only thing that would include the AA borfors and more Oerlinko and the final camouflage. 

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234987173-hms-nelson-trumpeter-1200th-scale/&page=4

nellie205.jpg

nellie206.jpg

nellie207.jpg

nellie210.jpg

nellie221.jpg

location of all the AA of the 1944/45 version please help me, with the WG team

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles

All News battleship in WOWS are data 1944/1945/1946. All battleships US, French, but Nelson not , he does fight until 1945 with all modernizations and full AA. ??‍♂️ 

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles
On 27/10/2017 at 9:52 AM, theanhtb said:

everything you say is true friend, but I only suggest putting the ship to version 1944/45 will only improve the AA, remember that the nelson's AA are exaggeratedly fingernails, very short range, and are relatively few mounts. a reinforcement with the borfors would not fall badly, also remember that the nelson is a premium boat as is the missouri and the missouri has all good armor / main battery / the best speed of BB of T9 and the best AA of any BB T9 / 10. and the camouflage of 1944 is also beautiful and I showed some images with that camo, it is fair to improve the ship in its defense AA, remember that the nelson is a ship of weak armor, it is slow, without radar or plane, the worst secondary of T7 equally your AA. the texas is T5 and has AA of T8 equal to the Cleveland of T6 with AA of T8.

hms nelson 1944

large_000000.jpg

hms-nelson.jpg