You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chaos_EN2

It needs Nerf

33 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

"It needs Nerf"

Every time I see someone posting this "Ship needs a Nerf" or "This Ship is overpowered" it really makes me wonder if anyone really, really tries to play. And do not get me wrong I have gotten upset over changes and then apologized for sounding like a 6mth old missing its nip, but I manned-up to it! But by all the gods of the seven seas it does seem that no one tries first!

When I first and I dealt with my first loss from a DD setting in smoke, I did not jump on to the forum and say SMOKE NEED TO BE CHANGED!!, I came on the forum and found post that said "shoot torpedoes into the smoke", "aim for where you see them shooting from" did it always work? No, but still why ask for a Nerf for a game I had just started???

The first time I face an Atlanta, it scared to salt water out of me, until I came to the forums (and wiki) and found out TO BEAT IT! But I did not ask for the Atlanta to be NERF!! By Neptune's Beard even when I have played other online games (World of Warcraft, Ultima Online, Guild Wars, GW2, Age of Conan, etc.) and found something I could not beat I did not ask for a Nerf!!

I spent 8 yrs in the real USN, I have seen men come home in body bags, waves higher than the bridge of my ship, fought fires on board, worked 12-18 hours days, got drunk and chased a lot of women in many a port. So I learn in those eight years if you got knock down you got back and figured out to beat it and TRY AGAIN! 

Now every other post seems to be nerf this and change this, does anyone try anymore or do they just cry for their nip?  And I am sure some answer with this with the normal "well look at your WTR, you do not know anything" to answer them, blow out your bilge pipe!

Well there is my 2 cents worth this morning, and I will get off my soap box.

• Cool 9

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles

Your soap box needs a nerf ...

• Cool 7

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Your soap box needs a nerf ...

Copy that Lert.

[SPTR]
Members
3,454 posts
5,649 battles

That's true most of the time. WG isn't complete imbeciles, and most of the time there's logic behind their ships' designs. But in few rare cases IT REALLY NEED TO BE NERFED. HARD. I'm talking about ships almost without counterplays, especially the Belfast.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
Just now, The_first_harbinger said:

I'm talking about ships almost without counterplays, especially the Belfast.

I agree the Belfast is a pain, my Perth knows it for sure. But just feel I need to beat it, I know there is a way and I can do it!

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,469 battles

There's plenty of ways to counter Belfast.  Sure, she makes you change your tactics.  It is a challenge to overcome.

• Cool 2

[NAV]
[NAV]
Members
393 posts
7,886 battles

Agreed, just I get annoyed when someone can do equally well as others, but without using ANY skill at all.  Luckily, there isn't too much of that in WoWS right now!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
26 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

I need a good nerfing....

that sounds pretty lewd don't it?

Yea never thought of that -- Lets see

I have been nerfed in Rota, Spain - Lisbon, Portugal - Antwerp, Belgium - Naples, Italy -  Mombasa, Kenya - Kingston, Jamaica - New Orleans, USA:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
24 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

It is a challenge to overcome.

That was my whole point and you are right!:Smile_medal:

Edited by Chaos_EN2

Members
2,274 posts
7,299 battles

OP there are two kind of players:

- good players, and they can counter any thing they face, they know how to work around smoke and how to counter smoke.

- normal and casual players, they cant counter anything they face, for them smoke is like a wall. 

WG balance the game for normal/casual players because they are the mojority of the player base. This happens in every game. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
15 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

So you are saying that we need to nerf the nerfs?  

Nope I am saying, instead of asking for Nerfs. We should learn to beat it - the ship, the smoke, etc.

Before having a fit on the forums

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,433 battles

I recently opened up a super container and got the Marblehead. I was kinda disappointed,hoping for the Okhotnik. Played it and lost the first 2 games,then I started to see something in the ship. Fast,turns on a dime, lobs shells over mountains and islands with no problem, guns all over the ship,hell they even have em in the galleys & heads (wink),fast reload. It was like a cloud lifting,,, I have some great premy OP ships,Gremy,Fujin,but IMHO this ship is just the total package! OP? well ,maybe,,, yea. 72% win rate,25 battles,32 ships destroyed.. in a 1923 scout CA. In tier 5/6 I almost feel like a bully.Playes totally different than the Murmansk. So I'm loving this 1923 US OP ship. Now all WG needs to do is give me smoke & sonar,,Hint Hint

[SIMP]
Members
818 posts
8,207 battles
59 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

That's true most of the time. WG isn't complete imbeciles, and most of the time there's logic behind their ships' designs. But in few rare cases IT REALLY NEED TO BE NERFED. HARD. I'm talking about ships almost without counterplays, especially the Belfast.

Yes nerf the Belfast, adding a heal and Torps should be just about right

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts
1 hour ago, The_first_harbinger said:

Seriously? No counter plays? :cap_haloween:

How about smoke is a torpedo magnet?

Use scout planes, watch firing from smoke, fire at ship in smoke. Using this technique I citadel'd a Minotaur this week. Not difficult to hit the ship, just requires practice.

Random fire into the smoke - their smoke clouds are not as long as a DD's. 

Know when they are about to emerge from smoke and be ready for them. 

I can attest a Belfast dies very quickly under accurate fire from red ships. Guaranteed. 

In conclusion, there are counterplays that do not involve radar, hydro or other magic. If you have radar, you can kill her quite easily. The upcoming "system wide" firing from smoke changes will require you only to get with about 6km of the Belfast she fires, which will light her up for twenty seconds. If your team can't kill her in that amount of time, maybe you should all take up checkers? :fish_glass:

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,373 posts
8,397 battles

The problem is everyone keeps looking for the wrong thing to be nerfed.  Balance could be much better if they just focus'd on the correct things.

BB's... "IT"  Needs Nerfed because it hurts them.

CA's... "IT"  Needs Nerfed because it hurts them.

CL's... "IT"  Needs Nerfed because it hurts them.

DD's... "IT"  Needs Nerfed because it hurts them.

CV's....  "IT"  Needs Nerfed because it hurts them.

Every class is damaged.. attacked.. by "IT"

Every new ship line gets "IT".. And yet... WG keeps adding "IT" to the game.

Between. Bombs.. Torpedo's, Main Guns, Secondary Guns, HE, AP, Fire's, Floods, Detonations, "IT", Radar, Hydro, AA, Smoke...

Just last night.. i played 3 games.. all 3 games "IT" was always there.. It was all over the place.

Please.  Join the fight against Ship Corrosion.  Salt Water is very damaging.

salt_1.jpg

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Nerf Islands and water.  Absorbing so many of my shells it's ridiculous

Beta Testers
1,460 posts
8,711 battles

In the 14 years I have been playing online games starting with Star Wars Galaxies through at least 16 other games (some long term, some not so much), I cannot recall a single time I have ever openly called for a Nerf on any character/class/ship/vehicle/what-have-you.  That does not mean, however, that there were not characters/classes/ships/vehicles/what-have-yous in any of those games that were not in serious need of a visit from the nerf bat.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
15 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

His grammar has already received a nerf.

Yup most likely does, I am not much of a writer.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
2 hours ago, nina_blain_73 said:

+10000 to you for that one.  I needed that chuckle today!!  Thank you much

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
1 hour ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yea never thought of that -- Lets see

I have been nerfed in Rota, Spain - Lisbon, Portugal - Antwerp, Belgium - Naples, Italy -  Mombasa, Kenya - Kingston, Jamaica - New Orleans, USA:Smile_teethhappy:

Not bad for 8 years.  I won't even go into the nerfings I've accomplished in the 20 that I was in hehehehe

Members
17,667 posts
5,082 battles
2 hours ago, nina_blain_73 said:

If you need a good nerfing, it's just a matter of finding an agreeable post.....

(sorry, couldn't resist lol)