You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ironrust

What are the better credit making premium ships?

35 comments in this topic

[APD]
Beta Testers
35 posts
3,405 battles

What the title says. I would like to get another premium ship. But I am not sure what one, I play all the ship classes, also nation does not matter too much. Looking for good credit making/fun.

Ships I have 

Texas, Graf Spee, Tirpitz

Thanks for the help.

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,432 battles

Atago makes good credit, really any of the ships will. I roll the Atago, Tirp, Kutz and Mo most of the time,

[MIA-A]
Members
139 posts
7,286 battles

Any premium ship above Tier 7 is good for money making.  The better ones are those that you can survive in.  My best money makers are the Tirpitz and the Missouri.  Besides those two, pretty much all cruiser and BBs are good money makers.

[RUST]
Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

Most any Premium Tier 8+ will have decent earning potential.

That said, nothing comes even close to the Missouri.

[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,449 battles

Buy a ship class that you prefer. Look at the ship w/r on some sites. Higher tiers that do more damage (BB's then CA's) will earn more if you master the style of play that the ship requires. The T8 Kutuzov my #1 choice,The Mighty MO if it becomes available again, Scharnhorst, Belfast. Have some extra gold on hand and WG will make you ship offers for older premium ships at a discount of 10% on a buy it in 30 minutes of its gone. I just got lucky and bought the Lo Yang that way, and after a few matches, am undefeated in it,,, I like to keep around 10K gold on hand, and I get ship offers about 2 a month. 

[RUST]
Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles
6 minutes ago, Alien_Observer said:

The Mighty MO if it becomes available again,

Missouri is currently, has always been, and unless WG changes something, will always be available.

[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,449 battles

Thanks 4 the correction, I have it, so I haven't kept up on the availability of it,,,2 thumbs up. Heck I have the Saipan and haven't even played it yet,,,

[APD]
Beta Testers
35 posts
3,405 battles

How about the CVs do they do well credit wise? Also what about Harekaze as it seems to be the only tier 8 premium dd? Missouri is a bit out of reach for me.

[RUST]
Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

Another thing to consider.

Getting a Premium Account if you don't already have one.

Thats + 50% credit income right there, and on all your ships. With the added bonus of +50% XP as well.

[WOLF4]
Beta Testers
434 posts

You already have a Tirpitz. Don't derp in it and she will make you lots of credits. Scharnhorst is really good, or the Alabama. Notice they are all BBs...

[O_S_D]
Members
40 posts
9,414 battles

CV's in general are not great money makers, however, Big E & Kaga can be great fun in the right battle (i.e not bottom tier). The Harekaze is a blast to play as it has alot of diversity with it's 3 different hulls, but is not a great credit maker.

For money making, go with any tier 8 BB.

For fun, too many premiums to list. Go with what you like playing the most.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,061 battles

One to consider that has not been mentioned is the Arizona - good performance and good credits - a little cheaper then the Tier 8 ships.  

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,697 posts
3,459 battles

In terms of stats:

1. Missouri
2. Prinz Eugen with her Premium Permanent Camo 

Tech tree:

The ship you enjoy to play the most or are the most successful in. 

Small tips for money making:

* Get 2 crates a day if you can, and sink them into Consumables. Since you cannot buy flags, they don't cost you credits, but Premium Consumables (using Credits instead of Dubs) do. You'll also generally get a small set of Camos.
* Sell Camo's 1 and 2. 5 is the best choice for pretty much every ship. Selling 1 and 2 can help you make some credits.
* Only use Premium Consumables that you actually take advantage of. Stuff like DCP, DF, Radar, RP, Sonar, etc. are essential. Personally spotting plane I never take advantage of so I sell them when I get them in crates.
* In game it's better to focus on taking out ships that you can easily sink, such as Cruisers and DDs sense they reward more credits (more damage done), over just simply having high damage numbers. If the BB is the better choice to shoot at it a given situation focus on spreading fires to each flammable section than just simply lobbing HE at first. Forcing them to use DCP and take permanent fires is more important than the damage the HE shell is doing by itself.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
377 posts
6,035 battles

I make pretty decent credit return with Payfast (belfast) approx 300k on a decent game. My gremy isnt bad either but as a T5 it generally doesnt get the same return...approx 150-200K for decent game in that one.

Don't have it, but according to clanmates Kutuzov makes decent money as well.

Obviously the MO is unparalleled in terms of credit return...as long as you like the boat.

Important thing is to get a ship you enjoy and do well in...if you play poorly in your prem you really wont make a lot so make sure you pick something you like and confident you'll do well in.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,055 posts
7,611 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

The Mighty MO has no equal in credit earning potential.

Succinct and to the point.  No ship in the game earns as many credits per match as Missouri.

From there, the next highest credit earning ships are the tier VIII premiums:

• Atago (not Takao)
  • Enterprise
  • Graf Zeppelin
  • Tirpitz
  • Harekaze
  • Prinz Eugen
  • Alabama
  • Mikhail Kutuzov
  • Kidd (when she comes out)
  • Kii (when she comes out)
  • Cool 2

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,356 posts
3,559 battles
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

any news? 

:Smile_hiding:

[VVV]
Beta Testers
799 posts
5,155 battles

Mighty mo will be the best. Honestly I have a premium for most every tier above T3. And sure they are ok to play if you need to but if I want to make credits, fast and in style the Mo will be unmatched. Put some flags on him and you'll be rolling in credits. It helps if you like the play style of the Iowa. 

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,111 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Succinct and to the point.  No ship in the game earns as many credits per match as Missouri.

From there, the next highest credit earning ships are the tier VIII premiums:

• Atago (not Takao)
  • Enterprise
  • Graf Zeppelin
  • Tirpitz
  • Harekaze
  • Prinz Eugen
  • Alabama
  • Mikhail Kutuzov
  • Kii (when she comes out)

is there some source where you can see how many credits a ship earns?  Is there some formula like x(amount of XP)=y(number of credits) for each ship?

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,704 battles

The one ship that has not been mentioned so far is 'Warspite', when used properly, outfitted properly with Premium account, signals etc., and you do the right amount of damage, it will make insane credits, it is my go to ship when I want to have fun and make creds and xp, JMO. 

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles
1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

is there some source where you can see how many credits a ship earns?  Is there some formula like x(amount of XP)=y(number of credits) for each ship?

xp and credits aren't tied. 2500 base XP game can net you less credits than a 1000 xp loss.