You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bat1159man

Carrier Event weekend

40 comments in this topic

[URR]
Members
8 posts
3,706 battles

First game today on the Enterprise CV sale weekend:

Their Enterprise: 72% WR, 85K avg dmg, avg 31 plane kills,

Our Enterprise: 1st game in Enterprise. Owns Saipan with 39% WR, 14K avg dmg, avg 12 (!) plane kills. Owns Kaga: 43% WR, 37K avg dmg, avg 10 plane kills.

Literally the ONLY thing our CV did was use his planes to try and sink the enemy CV, losing all his planes in each attempt.

Edit: I just checked our CV's profile again: He has NEVER played a CV game in co-op. So he bought 2 premium CVs and started playing random battles knowing NOTHING.

So now...

Open Letter to WG

Dear WG,

Could you perhaps reach down into some vestige of humanity that you still possess and:

1) Implement skill-based matchmaking for CVs, and

2) Require 100 games (minimum) in CO-OP for any newly purchased premium CV and/or any CV that has < 45% WR

Your player base will be eternally grateful for saving us from the sociopaths that infest the CV ranks.

Thank you.

Edited by Bunnios

[-I-]
Members
1,721 posts
11,071 battles
4 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

thats why I am doing my CVing in coop.  I wouldnt want to subject my team to my play.  I feel bad enough doing it on co-op

You're a better person than most. The number of players I go up against in a Taiho who have learned next to nothing grinding out an entire line to Tier 9 is just utterly astounding. I'd say in a realistic 15-20% of my games I don't see their strike package anywhere on the map until it's gone all the way around the edges so that they can come back into me from behind our spawn. It's beyond sad.

[-I-]
Members
1,721 posts
11,071 battles

Doublepost, because I've learned next to nothing grinding out my forum posts to Tier 1600. Beyond sad.

Edited by dngrcnnn

[PLPT]
Members
57 posts
6,414 battles

Im getting really frustrated with the CVs this weekend. Im dying 7-8 times out of 10 from cvs. If the enemy cv is better than your teamates, its game over from the start. So frustrating. Not enjoying the game at all this weekend. Time to take a break i think

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,537 posts
11,995 battles
7 hours ago, Bunnios said:

First game today on the Enterprise CV sale weekend:

Their Enterprise: 72% WR, 85K avg dmg, avg 31 plane kills,

Our Enterprise: 1st game in Enterprise. Owns Saipan with 39% WR, 14K avg dmg, avg 12 (!) plane kills. Owns Kaga: 43% WR, 37K avg dmg, avg 10 plane kills.

Literally the ONLY thing our CV did was use his planes to try and sink the enemy CV, losing all his planes in each attempt.

Edit: I just checked our CV's profile again: He has NEVER played a CV game in co-op. So he bought 2 premium CVs and started playing random battles knowing NOTHING.

So now...

Open Letter to WG

Dear WG,

Could you perhaps reach down into some vestige of humanity that you still possess and:

2) Require 100 games (minimum) in CO-OP for any newly purchased premium CV and/or any CV that has < 45% WR

Your player base will be eternally grateful for saving us from the sociopaths that infest the CV ranks.

Thank you.

meh, I am practicing with Saipan myself.  I figured it would be a forgiving ship while I learn the basics...in co-op lol.  What I would have liked, is a t4 premium CV so I could swap captains in, but they are straight money grubbing with premiums these days.

[INTEL]
Members
9,113 posts
26,656 battles
On 9/8/2017 at 4:46 PM, bat1159man said:

From what I am seeing in Random play right now, there are a lot of people playing CVs that should be in CoOp - it is bad out there

Yeah, that is why I am playing Coop until the Sky Parasite missions are finished. Encountering Sky Parasites is bad enough, but when they suck and are on your team, you may as well immediately exit.

Members
83 posts
3,291 battles

Welcome to total air cancer weekend!

So far every game I've been in has my team with a sub 1k WTR CV potato against a Kaga or Saipan that proceeds to walk all over our team. It's completely stupid how much influence a single ship can have on the team, and how having a potato CV player is pretty much a death blow to your team.

[SYN]
Members
599 posts
6,940 battles

The only thing I see wrong is everyone's AA equipped, so there aren't enough planes to go around. I'm barely able to get more than 10 each game.  

OTOH, Cleveland gets to be in same tier most games. 

TY CVs

Members
2,485 posts
4,216 battles
On 9/8/2017 at 7:45 AM, bat1159man said:

As I like to participate in the events WoWS puts on, thought I would run my CVs this weekend.  With 70 Random play battles and 14 Co-Op battles under my belt in CVs, I am ready to go at it!

BEFORE everyone panics that I will utterly destroy their team with my ineptitude, I will be sailing in Co-Op only.  I have no desire to embarrass myself while proving prove what a noob I am in Random play as it is likely I would be more beneficial to the reds than  the greens... LOL  If you do see me in Co-Op, be prepared for a very interesting display of CV skills as I continue to learn.  Good luck to those green teams!

Just jump into randoms. Co OP teaches bad habits and ill prepares to face human players. On carrier weekends as long as you don't think you can learn the ropes in Enterprise you'll be fine and blend into the crowd. 

Members
2,485 posts
4,216 battles
12 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

thats why I am doing my CVing in coop.  I wouldnt want to subject my team to my play.  I feel bad enough doing it on co-op

Most of the "Cool" tricks you learn in CVS comes from better players kicking your teeth in with those tricks. And learning from what they did to you.

The truth is just play in randoms and soon it will just click. You won't even notice it until you notice your karma going up.

Also listen to other people in chat and at least try to do what they ask. Most is just people that don't know what they are talking about but some will actually be good advice.

[URR]
Members
8 posts
3,706 battles
On 9/9/2017 at 3:17 PM, Bunnios said:

Thank you WG and your stupid MM for yet again giving my team a 36% WR Lexington and the other team a 87% WR Enterprise.

[INTEL]
Members
9,113 posts
26,656 battles

I played a few Random games divved. We had a Taiho that did not know how to strafe. No need to explain how that one ended. 

CVs just basically suck for everyone else in the match. If only we had a NO CV mode....

[4HIM]
Members
2,012 posts
5,117 battles

Well I don't even yet have a CV.  Given I'm still a potato in 'regular' ships, not sure I want to dive in on one now.  May pick one up and then play around with it in Co-op later on.  Did have someone come into chat last night asking "Why am I seeing so many CV's?" 

Then again, I had two games yesterday with no CV's. 

[URR]
Members
8 posts
3,706 battles
21 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Then again, I had two games yesterday with no CV's. 

14 of my 15 games today had CVs. Of those 14 only in 2 was the better CV on my team.

I've been averaging 56% WR. Today I managed 40%.