You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bat1159man

Carrier Event weekend

40 comments in this topic

[RQL]
[RQL]
Beta Testers
627 posts
13,530 battles

As I like to participate in the events WoWS puts on, thought I would run my CVs this weekend.  With 70 Random play battles and 14 Co-Op battles under my belt in CVs, I am ready to go at it!

BEFORE everyone panics that I will utterly destroy their team with my ineptitude, I will be sailing in Co-Op only.  I have no desire to embarrass myself while proving prove what a noob I am in Random play as it is likely I would be more beneficial to the reds than  the greens... LOL  If you do see me in Co-Op, be prepared for a very interesting display of CV skills as I continue to learn.  Good luck to those green teams!

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
2,277 posts
4,349 battles
2 minutes ago, bat1159man said:

As I like to participate in the events WoWS puts on, thought I would run my CVs this weekend.  With 70 Random play battles and 14 Co-Op battles under my belt in CVs, I am ready to go at it!

BEFORE everyone panics that I will utterly destroy their team with my ineptitude, I will be sailing in Co-Op only.  I have no desire to embarrass myself while proving prove what a noob I am in Random play as it is likely I would be more beneficial to the reds than  the greens... LOL  If you do see me in Co-Op, be prepared for a very interesting display of CV skills as I continue to learn.  Good luck to those green teams!

more power to you and good luck.. must admit, thought similar but I might try to do it at a time when it's me and 7 bots against 8 bots..  I really am bad with carriers  and not just a little bit:)   With a total of 29 pvp battles played in carriers and a solid red wtr, I am not just bad, I am frekin' aweful, although my PvE battles are a bit better with 8 played and purple in them :)

M

• Cool 2

[RQL]
[RQL]
Beta Testers
627 posts
13,530 battles
4 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

more power to you and good luck.. must admit, thought similar but I might try to do it at a time when it's me and 7 bots against 8 bots..  I really am bad with carriers  and not just a little bit:)   With a total of 29 pvp battles played in carriers and a solid red wtr, I am not just bad, I am frekin' aweful, although my PvE battles are a bit better with 8 played and purple in them :)

M

ROTFLMAO - Malice, that is why I am warning the community.  Unfortunately for the great majority, they are not here and will be subject to my "greatness".....

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I only have like, less than 20 battles in carriers. And mostly in Langley.

I want to get better so I can play the Big E, but the road is long. 

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,920 posts
14,604 battles

just finished it 

My number one rule get everything done on Friday 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
24 minutes ago, bat1159man said:

Well good luck to you.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
18 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

M

M

Well according to everyone in game I awful too!

In CVs

In BBs

In CLs

In DDs

I guess I will have to wait until WG adds amphibious warfare ships, before I will be good:Smile_teethhappy:

Alpha Tester
2,277 posts
4,349 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

M

Well according to everyone in game I awful too!

In CVs

In BBs

In CLs

In DDs

I guess I will have to wait until WG adds amphibious warfare ships, before I will be good:Smile_teethhappy:

pffffft  stats have no relevance until after 2k battles..  then we can discuss if you're not up there:)

PS PM me if you play around 5PM EST time and if I am going to be on, I am happy to run some divs, although on recent results, that may be a handicap for you :)

M

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
2 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

pffffft  stats have no relevance until after 2k battles..  then we can discuss if you're not up there:)

PS PM me if you play around 5PM EST time and if I am going to be on, I am happy to run some divs, although on recent results, that may be a handicap for you :)

M

Sure NP, M I will add you tonight.

BUT far as handicap you may have that backwards:Smile_teethhappy:

dark.png

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
51 minutes ago, bat1159man said:

Your sig, you made a CORGI clan!!!???

Corgi Captain 146

Edited by SmirkingGerbil

[RQL]
[RQL]
Beta Testers
627 posts
13,530 battles
6 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Your sig, you made a CORGI clan!!!???

Corgi Captain 146

LOL - no, that was an image made by one of the Corgi Captain and I asked if I could use it but who knows.....

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
4,949 posts
8,094 battles

But....but....we need you to be a fail-CV in random so the good CVs get a good match!

Poke me if need an ATL along in pvp with your CV, she almost never comes out because poorly adapted for half the matches she gets now.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,686 posts
3,459 battles

I'm definitely going to put some co-op practice in this weekend before taking my CVs out, I'm so rusty right now.

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,103 battles

I feel ya OP, I'm a bad CV player too.  I can do OK with AS loadouts, but for strike planes, I suck pretty bad.  Been playing Bogue lately and have gotten 6 clear sky achievements in the last 3 days, so I must be doing something right...  

B

[RQL]
[RQL]
Beta Testers
627 posts
13,530 battles
7 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

I feel ya OP, I'm a bad CV player too.  I can do OK with AS loadouts, but for strike planes, I suck pretty bad.  Been playing Bogue lately and have gotten 6 clear sky achievements in the last 3 days, so I must be doing something right...  

B

No, you are saying that I am a bad CV player, I never said that and you sir, are making assumptions.  

I have yet to rise to the level of bad....  I am still at the horrendous level and working my way up to bad          LOL

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,103 battles
1 hour ago, bat1159man said:

No, you are saying that I am a bad CV player, I never said that and you sir, are making assumptions.  

I have yet to rise to the level of bad....  I am still at the horrendous level and working my way up to bad          LOL

:Smile-_tongue: When I read your first comment, I was like "wait, what?!?"  I didn't think I put you down or anything, but the second line made me LOL.  

I've improved my CV play (ever so slightly) by using the mini-map a lot more.  Like I said in my original comments, I can do ok with taking down enemy aircraft, but my strike skills are still lacking.  

Bottom line, I need to practice more in PVE.

Hang in there mate :Smile_honoring:

B

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,015 posts
11,538 battles
7 hours ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

M

I'm doing my CVing in co-op too

[RQL]
[RQL]
Beta Testers
627 posts
13,530 battles

From what I am seeing in Random play right now, there are a lot of people playing CVs that should be in CoOp - it is bad out there

[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,218 battles
2 hours ago, bat1159man said:

From what I am seeing in Random play right now, there are a lot of people playing CVs that should be in CoOp - it is bad out there

"Right now" is unnecessary. CV play is always like that.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,015 posts
11,538 battles
2 hours ago, dngrcnnn said:

"Right now" is unnecessary. CV play is always like that.

thats why I am doing my CVing in coop.  I wouldnt want to subject my team to my play.  I feel bad enough doing it on co-op

Members
471 posts
1,992 battles

One good thing about this event it there is alot of tier 6 matches launching where tier 6s are top tier so you can thank the cvs for that at least.

Beta Testers
6,975 posts
3,942 battles
14 hours ago, Doomlock said:

I only have like, less than 20 battles in carriers. And mostly in Langley.

I want to get better so I can play the Big E, but the road is long. 

Like I've mentioned before, use IJN CVs, the Big E will be much easier if you are used to using 5+ Flight groups.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
2 minutes ago, Sakuzhi said:

Like I've mentioned before, use IJN CVs, the Big E will be much easier if you are used to using 5+ Flight groups.

Don't worry, I remember.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,949 posts
8,094 battles

Seen some terrible CVs earlier. One is a Midway that didn't move until a grozoi found him and then the poor CV got battered down to nothing.

Members
3,621 posts
13,402 battles
14 hours ago, bat1159man said:

Awesome pard! Hell, that sounds like me playing DDs. Even in Co-Op, me driving a DD is a wasted spot on the team. :cap_haloween: