The_first_harbinger

Manned Torpedoes in World of Warships!

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

26 posts in this topic

af8c3d02-8379-11e5-b85e-000c2994974d.jpg

Here we see a large manned torpedo in its natural habitat. Fast, dangerous, decorated with guns that occasionally goes boom to deter anyone who dares to stand in its way before it struck the intended target...

Seriously, buff Myogi already.

Edited by The_first_harbinger

1 minute ago, donaldEpott said:

Not going to happen.

The forum was bugged, it allowed me to create the thread before I added any image or description for some reason...

27 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

Seriously, buff Myogi already.

What with the Myogi hate? She is a fine ship that sets up how to play the Kongo perfectly. Why does everyone hate her? the real turd on the Japanese BB tree is the Izumo, the Myogi is fine.

5 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

What with the Myogi hate? She is a fine ship that sets up how to play the Kongo perfectly. Why does everyone hate her? the real turd on the Japanese BB tree is the Izumo, the Myogi is fine.

They see me trollin'~ They hatin'

I dunno. Myogi's just a little frustrating to play.

They probably hate the rear focused layout that keeps them from doing bow on.

As if there is any reason whatsoever you would need to bow on in tier 4. Myogi outranges everything and sports the highest caliber guns in tier.

9 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Exactly, The hate for the myogi is really unjustified and like you said the real turd is the Izumo.

3 minutes ago, Naughtius_Maximus said:

As if there is any reason whatsoever you would need to bow on in tier 4. Myogi outranges everything and sports the highest caliber guns in tier.

Wrong the new RN BB has the same caliber.

2 minutes ago, MR_BATTLESHIP_2016 said:

Wrong the new RN BB has the same caliber.

Actually the Orion has 343mm (13.5in) guns. Myogi has 356mm (14in) guns.

what click bait is this? I thought OP you were talking about this

16 minutes ago, MR_BATTLESHIP_2016 said:

Exactly, The hate for the myogi is really unjustified and like you said the real turd is the Izumo.

and with your top tier BB being a T4.  how exactly would you know that?   Please let me know.

M

Honestly, when I read the title, I immediately thought of the Japanese suicide torpedoes.

On topic, I think Myogi is mostly fine, if anything she might need a minor dispersion buff, but that's it.

Myogi's main 'issue' for some people is that she's a battlecruiser, so you don't want to go brawling with other BBs with her.  She doesn't have the armor.  Only 6 14" guns, but they work just fine, even if the layout's a bit weird.  Actually, it suits just fine for kiting other BBs with her 28-knot speed, which is pretty high for T4 BBs as well.

Edited by mavfin87

33 minutes ago, Naughtius_Maximus said:

I just hated how the shells went ANYWHERE except where I aimed them.  May have just been confirmation bias from small sample size, but my Myogi experience was the worst BB I have played thru to date for shell dispersion.  

My experience is that she's more accurate than Wyoming by quite a bit...but...Wyoming has 12 guns, vs 6 for Myogi.  

43 minutes ago, Naughtius_Maximus said:

the problem hs nothing to do with bow on its that you get 6 guns that in my experience literally will hit anywhere but where the target is, besides its trash dispersion its not terrible

Edited by The_Red_Butcher

I recently played myogi  to get some xp for hosho.     averaged only 47k dmg but won 4 or 5.   it could really use bit of DPM boost by having its  ROF increased a bit.   otherwise, it wasn't bad.  

1 hour ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Do the low tiers really need a buff?

What does tier matter?

45 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

My experience is that she's more accurate than Wyoming by quite a bit...but...Wyoming has 12 guns, vs 6 for Myogi.  

What is the problem with Wyoming's dispersion?

evaeuo8.jpg

Oh good I get to paste this pic again. The Italians did it best--the A-H dreadnought Viribus Unitis sunk in 1918, and severely damaging both Queen Elizabeth and Valiant in Alexandria harbour in 1941 with...

Spoiler

MANNED TORPEDOES

Torpedo.jpg.04601849bc99761c4994e6b3944f7280.jpg

Catch me in game....I ram often.

I have lovely little tag lines...for my germans "Hoist the ..... we're going in boys", British: Brew up for Queen and country, or when it's a straight up ram:

WITNESS ME!

1 hour ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

i-izumo isnt that bad actually. i loved all the ijn bbs