You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KeyBlade

Saipan needs Nerf.

64 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
2,642 battles

Fellow non-premium CV players will all agree that when you are matched against Saipan, game will be nothing but struggle and not fun. CV is extremely OverPowered. Having  Tier 9 planes that is faster and stronger than any other tier 7 CV fighter planes is extremely annoying, and they can have squadron of 3 to maneuver better. Their torpedo and dive bombers are just as fast, even faster than my ranger fully decked out fighter planes. When you try to bomb Saipan, their ship has extremely well equipped AA to counter any kind of bombing. It is not fun playing tier 7 CV at all. 50/50 times, you get put against Saipan, I can't imagine Japanese CV putting up against Saipan at all. Disclaimer, I was challenger ranked in Starcraft 2 in NA before. I know how to Micro very well with my planes, but if I am put against equally skilled player, I can not beat them. It is un-balanced.

• Cool 3

[SPTR]
Members
3,459 posts
5,666 battles

Well you see comrade, this is a Russian game, Saipan is a premium ship. Guess what that means?

THAT MEANS SAIPAN CAN'T BE NERFED!

large.jpg

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,938 battles

This is more of an issue of Ranger being woefully underpowered at T7 than Saipan being OP.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
35 minutes ago, KeyBlade said:

I want to put n my whiner gif but well.... he has a point and despite the slight whiny tone as a Ranger player (i personally like her I have no idea why). I will say this, you are right the Saipan is Op, however the only way it could be nerfed is in the carrier rework which is in development hell like Half-life 3. i will agree however some CV's need some love (like the Ranger).

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,475 posts
6,653 battles

All CV premiums are OP, except GZ. But I take issue with the claim that skill is important with CVs, it really isn't. I am proof.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,882 posts
9,984 battles
1 hour ago, KeyBlade said:

, and they can have squadron of 3 to maneuver better. 

Squadron size doesn't effect their maneuvering.  

Also personally my experience driving both ships has been that I have an easier time stomping an opposing Saipan in my full AS build ranger than I do in my own Saipan.  Honestly the T7 CVs are in a semi-good paper>rock>scissors (Ranger>Saipan>Kaga>Hiryu>Ranger...)

Members
4 posts
2,642 battles
3 hours ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Also personally my experience driving both ships has been that I have an easier time stomping an opposing Saipan in my full AS build ranger than I do in my own Saipan.  Honestly the T7 CVs are in a semi-good paper>rock>scissors (Ranger>Saipan>Kaga>Hiryu>Ranger...)

HAHAHAHA!

Full AS build on ranger > Saipan 

That's something I haven't heard in a while.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,882 posts
9,984 battles
16 minutes ago, KeyBlade said:

HAHAHAHA!

Full AS build on ranger > Saipan 

That's something I haven't heard in a while.

It is true, the 14 Ranger fighters have significant advantage in both DPS and HP over the Saipans 8 fighters of a 2/2/0 loadout, When the Saipan has the 3/0/1 loadout the Ranger's DPS and HP totals are closer but still to the Rangers favor thanks to the 200%DPS boost due to the Saipan t9 planes, but it still has a massive advantage in total loadout (like 2.5 extra strafes worth) and numbers of reserve planes. So Saipan gets faster planes and the no loss strafe out of engagement advantage but the Ranger gets davntage in head on strafes, gets to strafe far more times, and gets to replace their losses more times.

Members
4 posts
2,642 battles
3 hours ago, SyndicatedINC said:

It is true, the 14 Ranger fighters have significant advantage in both DPS and HP over the Saipans 8 fighters of a 2/2/0 loadout, When the Saipan has the 3/0/1 loadout the Ranger's DPS and HP totals are closer but still to the Rangers favor thanks to the 200%DPS boost due to the Saipan t9 planes, but it still has a massive advantage in total loadout (like 2.5 extra strafes worth) and numbers of reserve planes. So Saipan gets faster planes and the no loss strafe out of engagement advantage but the Ranger gets davntage in head on strafes, gets to strafe far more times, and gets to replace their losses more times.

Maybe so, but you still have to remember, stocked cv still needs to play multiple battles to get captain to certain level. Right now I am stuck at lvl 7 captain and struggling to get some xp for him. It is difficult when you are playing stocked ship with stocked captain.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,882 posts
9,984 battles
10 minutes ago, KeyBlade said:

Maybe so, but you still have to remember, stocked cv still needs to play multiple battles to get captain to certain level. Right now I am stuck at lvl 7 captain and struggling to get some xp for him. It is difficult when you are playing stocked ship with stocked captain.

Also true, however unfortunately they don't balance upon stock.  So any conversation regarding balance will only be taken seriously by WG if you talk of max potential.

Members
821 posts
3,887 battles
2 hours ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Where do you get 200% DPS boost?  The captain skill is 10%+  per tier , so +20% T7 to T9. AIUI:cap_hmm:

Members
2,208 posts
4,051 battles
8 hours ago, Strachwitz666 said:

Where do you get 200% DPS boost?  The captain skill is 10%+  per tier , so +20% T7 to T9. AIUI:cap_hmm:

Typo most likely but I agree a well played AS ranger is tough for a Saipan. It becomes a war of attrition and the hanger size for the Saipan more often than not fails it. You can actually do the same thing in a Hiryu but it is harder. It is better in a Hiryu to occupy his fighters and slip in more damage.

The trick against a Saipan is to not chase. Use your fighters to buff areas that your allied AA needs the help. Target incoming bombers but again don't chase. you will only end up chasing your tail all game. Also kill the red DDs; do that and keep the Saipan's bombers somewhat at bay and your team wins anyways.

• Cool 1

Members
13 posts
4,427 battles

Having played as and against all of the tier 7 carriers I can safely say that fighting against a Saipan is not much fun, even as a Saipan. Had one day where  Saipan vs Saipan we got into a dogfight, strafed out, dogfight again, strafed out, dogfight again, strafe out, no planes lost on either side.

I think just removing Saipan's ability to strafe out of dogfight without losing a plane would be enough to balance it, and since that ability was added after the ship was released, I don't think it would really count as a nerf. As a Saipan owner I would be as happy as anyone.

[PS1HD]
Members
55 posts
1,490 battles

As a fellow cv player i have to say the saipan is not overpowered in its tier in any way. All you have to do is play better than the saipan player, he does not have unlimited fighters and the rangers fighters can beat the saipans. (Especially if the saipan has a lower point captain)

Its not about straffing out its about drawing their fighters over an area favorable to your fighters

Edited by Ascinius
  • Cool 1

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,831 battles
3 hours ago, Ascinius said:

As a fellow cv player i have to say the saipan is not overpowered in its tier in any way.

I thought I was the only person who thought the Saipan wasn't over powered.

• Cool 1

[ARA]
Members
20 posts
15,944 battles
On 8/9/2017 at 10:28 AM, KeyBlade said:

Los compañeros de CV no premium estarán de acuerdo en que cuando se enfrenten a Saipan, el juego no será más que lucha y no diversión. CV es extremadamente sobrealimentado. Tener aviones de Nivel 9 que es más rápido y más fuerte que cualquier otro avión de combate de nivel 7 CV es extremadamente molesto, y pueden tener un escuadrón de 3 para maniobrar mejor. Sus torpedos y bombarderos de buceo son tan rápidos, incluso más rápido que mi guardabosques completamente adornado aviones de combate. Cuando intenta bombardear Saipan, su nave tiene AA muy bien equipada para contrarrestar cualquier tipo de bombardeo. No es divertido jugar al nivel 7 CV en absoluto. 50/50 veces, se pone en contra de Saipan, no me puedo imaginar japonés CV poner contra Saipan en absoluto. Renuncia, yo era retador clasificado en Starcraft 2 en NA antes. Yo sé cómo Micro muy bien con mis aviones, pero si me ponen contra el jugador igualmente cualificado, No puedo vencerlos. No está equilibrado.

I play with cv and I have no problems to win against a saipan even with the kaga you can win

I changed my nick recently 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1014847833-Sao_Feng/!/pvp/overview/

[GRFOX]
Members
2,205 posts
4,521 battles
On 9/8/2017 at 9:44 AM, nuttybiscuit said:

All CV premiums are OP, except GZ. But I take issue with the claim that skill is important with CVs, it really isn't. I am proof.

Actually Graf is the only Carrier that takes skill to use. Also Saipan needs a buff.

Edited by GreyFox78659
  • Cool 1

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles
On 9/13/2017 at 6:14 AM, GreyFox78659 said:

Actually Graf is the only Carrier that takes skill to use. Also Saipan needs a buff.

You mean Graf is the only carrier that requires a brain dead opponent in order to do well...

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,766 posts
5,805 battles
On 9/8/2017 at 9:42 AM, Lonewolfpj said:

The poop storm that would come out of a premium ship nerf would cause the forums to explode.

The only reason ppl would create said storm is because they dont read the EULA lol.....cause it says WG owns everything pertaining to WoWs and reserves the right to change whatever they need....

Members
3 posts
2,735 battles

I find a flight of Saipan Torpedo bombers and send my Hiryu Fighters.... follow them around for 30 seconds and kill 1...........  Saipan sends one flight of his fighters against 2 of My Bomber and 2 of my Torpedos squadrons.. and they are all dead in under 5 seconds............

Yeah.. thats OP

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
2 hours ago, FASTHatTrick said:

I find a flight of Saipan Torpedo bombers and send my Hiryu Fighters.... follow them around for 30 seconds and kill 1...........  Saipan sends one flight of his fighters against 2 of My Bomber and 2 of my Torpedos squadrons.. and they are all dead in under 5 seconds............

Yeah.. thats OP

That sounds like Strafe vs no strafe, not Saipan vs Hiryu.

• Cool 2

[BEAR]
Members
87 posts
3,042 battles
On 9/8/2017 at 9:38 AM, Ace_04 said:

This is more of an issue of Ranger being woefully underpowered at T7 than Saipan being OP.

Yeah Saipan not that crazy, it can be a little strong but Kaga, now there's a stinking rotten Pay 2 Win ship.

Thankfully I see a fair number of people with utterly horrible WTR ratings in these Premium CVs so it's not always doom and gloom as I grind Ranger.