Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GreyFox78659

Should I take the Missouri challenge?

Missouri Challenge   

37 members have voted

  1. 1. Should I go for the Missouri?

    • Yes
      29
    • No
      8
  2. 2. If I do should I turn this into a regular update in the battle forum?

    • Yes
      12
    • No
      25
  3. 3. Do I really care what you think?

    • Yes
      6
    • No
      12
    • Not so sure?
      2
    • Just added this for the forum cats
      4
    • Keep Austin Weird
      3
    • Forum catz rule!
      2
    • No Corgis do!
      2
    • I vote for none of the above like Richard Pryor recommends
      4
    • Bacon makes it better
      13

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

322
[GRFOX]
Members
2,205 posts
4,521 battles

Why not? I am contemplating moving to Kansas City so part of me wants to get the 750,000 xp to unlock her the other part says Iowa is good enough.

Edited by GreyFox78659

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,391
[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

I live in MO, so I had no option.  I didn't spend a single Free XP point until I could get her.  I thought 750,000 would take until next summer to earn, but I managed to buy her a couple of weeks ago.

I don't think Iowa will print silver like Mighty MO does...and that makes her worth it.

Now, on to the Nelson!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
481
[WOLFB]
Members
2,579 posts
4,948 battles

First if your poll dosnt mention Bacon then it's just a useless poll. 

Second the Mighty Mo is a great ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,615
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,706 posts
11,320 battles

MO is a great ship. If you like the Iowa then you will love the MO. But we don't need regular updates...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,244
[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,561 battles

Everyone who got it was just fine and minded their own business.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,461 posts
6,631 battles

I unlocked Missouri, but now play her so little I kind of regret it/

If you spend a lot of time with battleships, yes, get it. If you need a rapid way to earn credits, yes get it. If neither of these two apply, save your free xp for something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
322
[GRFOX]
Members
2,205 posts
4,521 battles
18 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

I unlocked Missouri, but now play her so little I kind of regret it/

If you spend a lot of time with battleships, yes, get it. If you need a rapid way to earn credits, yes get it. If neither of these two apply, save your free xp for something else.

The latter applies a lot currently grinding out credits for NC.

Edited by GreyFox78659

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
322
[GRFOX]
Members
2,205 posts
4,521 battles
34 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

First if your poll dosnt mention Bacon then it's just a useless poll. 

Second the Mighty Mo is a great ship.

Now with added bacon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,364
[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,928 battles

Only if you like Iowa playstyle.

 

It's a tremendous amount of Free XP, so don't waste it if you're not going to enjoy the experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
322
[GRFOX]
Members
2,205 posts
4,521 battles
47 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Only if you like Iowa playstyle.

 

It's a tremendous amount of Free XP, so don't waste it if you're not going to enjoy the experience.

I would bet that Iowa is better than Alabama which I love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,364
[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,928 battles
34 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

I would bet that Iowa is better than Alabama which I love

You'd be surprised.  Many players tend to like North Carolina and Alabama more than Iowa, as they are more agile battleships.

 

If you haven't played Iowa yet, I'd definitely recommend trying her out before using all that Free XP on Missouri.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
137
[RQL]
[RQL]
Beta Testers
627 posts
13,530 battles

I unlocked and purchased the Mighty Misery for the ungodly amount of credits - "1" - LOL  I really like the ship and have fun playing her.  She makes a huge amount of credits even in so-so battles  I do tend to get focused ww\hen the reds are supporting DDs - something about my radar gets their hackles up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
322
[GRFOX]
Members
2,205 posts
4,521 battles
8 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

You'd be surprised.  Many players tend to like North Carolina and Alabama more than Iowa, as they are more agile battleships.

 

If you haven't played Iowa yet, I'd definitely recommend trying her out before using all that Free XP on Missouri.

Yeah my family is from Missouri and it will be a long cold day in hell before something named Iowa is in my port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,364
[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,928 battles
1 hour ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Yeah my family is from Missouri and it will be a long cold day in hell before something named Iowa is in my port.

So you never plan on getting Montana?

 

It's just a pixel ship with a name.  No need to be pretentious over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
322
[GRFOX]
Members
2,205 posts
4,521 battles
7 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

So you never plan on getting Montana?

 

It's just a pixel ship with a name.  No need to be pretentious over it.

It is called humor not I not skipping it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,364
[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,928 battles
Just now, GreyFox78659 said:

It is called humor not I not skipping it

Good thing.  Iowa is a very strong ship when played properly.

 

Hope you enjoy the grind with her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,364
[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,928 battles
Just now, GreyFox78659 said:

You do know Iowa and Missouri went to war against each other over their state line placement

No I didn't.....I'm from Canada where we just leave the fighting on the hockey rink :Smile_glasses:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
322
[GRFOX]
Members
2,205 posts
4,521 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

No I didn't.....I'm from Canada where we just leave the fighting on the hockey rink :Smile_glasses:

Here it's the grid iron now but Michigan and Ohio also had a war for the same reason. When say war I mean guys lined up on the state line and threw stones only one guy died. He was shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
238 posts
3,498 battles
59 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Oh and hockey is growing in Texas.:Smile_izmena:

from the looks of it  scuba diving is about to be their next past-time.

 

And yes, the Missouri is worth it. As probably the worst player with one, I turn 200,000 and 600XP as a profit on a loss where I died and did little damage. She does not contain a Citadel, only a money printing facility.

She is the single easiest ship to gain access to the "Million's Club" if you are good and enjoy the playstyle enough to do amazing in. And at tier 9 she can sorta stand up to Tier 10s right out of the box.

Do you not like Destroyers? How about planes? Most ships have to choose based on class. Missouri gets a radar, and with Manual AA munches down poorly placed planes. easily one of the best battleships in the game, at no effort in American Battleships. (Could do every tree and still get the T9 US)

 

It's a gudbote.

I was paid for this review by the Missouri. It paid me a solid 80M to my account as a bribe to say these things.

Have a Yuro. Bear in mind this was on-release. with stealth firing and the original citadel placement. Also language I think, probably. More than likely.

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by NitroLauncher717

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,257
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

I'm from Canada where we just leave the fighting on the hockey rink 

or the alley behind the bar, or the alley behind the sawmill, or  behind the gang shack at the sawmill, or over by the old statue in the park, or out front of their in-laws houses on holidays, or in the Wal-Mart parking lot ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
322
[GRFOX]
Members
2,205 posts
4,521 battles
6 hours ago, NitroLauncher717 said:

from the looks of it  scuba diving is about to be their next past-time.

 

And yes, the Missouri is worth it. As probably the worst player with one, I turn 200,000 and 600XP as a profit on a loss where I died and did little damage. She does not contain a Citadel, only a money printing facility.

She is the single easiest ship to gain access to the "Million's Club" if you are good and enjoy the playstyle enough to do amazing in. And at tier 9 she can sorta stand up to Tier 10s right out of the box.

Do you not like Destroyers? How about planes? Most ships have to choose based on class. Missouri gets a radar, and with Manual AA munches down poorly placed planes. easily one of the best battleships in the game, at no effort in American Battleships. (Could do every tree and still get the T9 US)

 

It's a gudbote.

I was paid for this review by the Missouri. It paid me a solid 80M to my account as a bribe to say these things.

Have a Yuro. Bear in mind this was on-release. with stealth firing and the original citadel placement. Also language I think, probably. More than likely.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

So is felony arson thousand acre fires are way to common.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×