You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IvanPonomarev

AFKs Ruin Gameplay

105 comments in this topic

[MIA-A]
Members
341 posts
9,680 battles

Wargaming, I cannot express how pissed I am every time we have to deal with AFK. I just came out of a game where we had an ARP Takao sit an entire match afk. Everyone knew he was. Never attempted to re log- never attempted to move. There needs to be severe penalties for this. First strike 1 day game ban. Two strikes 7 day game ban. 3rd strike permanent ban. Issues with the user are no excuse to the detriment of the rest of the team. I really destroys any team play having 1 less active ship. Reinstate if you die you have to pay ship repairs. In fact if you sit afk in a game you pay 5x the value of your ship repair. So if a bb at T10 cost 250K it now costs 1.25 million to repair. I'm sick and tired of A-hole afks and wargaming doing jack crap about it. Awful business model, good luck getting my wallet.

Edited by IvanPonomarev
  • Cool 1

Members
2,614 posts
3,569 battles

You know what ruins the game more than AFK's, AND is something that wargaming has the power to outright stop?

Detonation.

• Cool 6

[MIA-A]
Members
341 posts
9,680 battles
11 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Everyone would eventually be permanently banned.

That's not true and we both know it.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
2 minutes ago, IvanPonomarev said:

That's not true and we both know it.

I've had to AFK once or twice I'm sure.

My point is that WG wouldn't adopt something so unforgiving.

[MIA-A]
Members
341 posts
9,680 battles
Just now, Elegant_Winter said:

I've had to AFK once or twice I'm sure.

My point is that WG wouldn't adopt something so unforgiving.

I'm sure you team really appreciated your afk laziness.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, IvanPonomarev said:

I'm sure you team really appreciated your afk laziness.

It's unavoidable. What happens if someone important knocks on your door?

[MIA-A]
Members
341 posts
9,680 battles
Just now, Elegant_Winter said:

It's unavoidable. What happens if someone important knocks on your door?

It requires an entire 20 minutes? You should have paid your team the cost of your ship and got a 1 day ban.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, IvanPonomarev said:

It requires an entire 20 minutes? You should have paid your team the cost of your ship and got a 1 day ban.

And then it happens a few months later and you get a 7-day ban?

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
490 posts
8,367 battles

Geez I hope WG implements something like this and then you get what happens to quite a few people where they can't get the game to load past the loading screen (have a look in the Support section and you will find all kinds of posts about it). Yep that's the ticket, let's just start banning people for something that is beyond their control because of a buggy game.

[DAS]
Members
343 posts
4,196 battles
4 minutes ago, IvanPonomarev said:

Yep better make sure you play at midnight

Dude, you need to turn off your computer and go for a walk or something. All this anger does you no good.

• Cool 1

[DNTZ]
Members
198 posts
11,228 battles

I would be in favor of WG having a bot control the ship if it sits for the first 2 minutes.

If the person eventually load/plays, then they regain control of the ship.

I had 4 matches yesterday directly affected by afk ships - won 1 lost 3.

The current system is not working and it seems like there is more afk than there was when I started playing.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
35 minutes ago, IvanPonomarev said:

Wargaming, I cannot express how pissed I am every time we have to deal with AFK.

So what? You're upset; so what?

Imagine the player who is sitting in his chair, logged in, waiting to play, and for whatever reason, his connection roaches out. He has enough issues without YOU giving him more grief because you are unhappy.

Real world; things happen neither you, nor I, or any other player can control. Deal with it. By yourself. Without punishing others for something which isn't their fault.

Grow up and act like an adult and not some over-entitled and spoiled child who throws a tantrum every time anything upsets him.

• Cool 7

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
33 minutes ago, twitch133 said:

You know what ruins the game more than AFK's, AND is something that wargaming has the power to outright stop?

Detonation.

And that ain't happening either pookie!

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
3,924 posts
5,163 battles

inb4 this is implemented, OP goes AFK, and comes crying to the forums about his unfair punishment.

• Cool 5

Members
1,780 posts
5,641 battles

There are too many reasons why people get disconnected, WG will never punish people for this so get over it.

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles

Crappy Players ruin the game, and 90% of the player base is crappy, so the odds of an AFK vs a bunch of Crappy players on your team is much lower.   Though  AFK with Crappy players is really bad.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,593 posts
4,973 battles

I guess his guy lives in a bubble and thinks there is nothing more important than an internet game. 

If you hate hate it so much then go play a Different game mode. 

Edited by Lonewolfpj

[O_O]
Members
4,335 posts
9,288 battles
52 minutes ago, IvanPonomarev said:

Wargaming, I cannot express how pissed I am every time we have to deal with AFK. I just came out of a game where we had an ARP Takao sit an entire match afk. Everyone knew he was. Never attempted to re log- never attempted to move. There needs to be severe penalties for this. First strike 1 day game ban. Two strikes 7 day game ban. 3rd strike permanent ban. Issues with the user are no excuse to the detriment of the rest of the team. I really destroys any team play having 1 less active ship. Reinstate if you die you have to pay ship repairs. In fact if you sit afk in a game you pay 5x the value of your ship repair. So if a bb at T10 cost 250K it now costs 1.25 million to repair. I'm sick and tired of A-hole afks and wargaming doing jack crap about it. Awful business model, good luck getting my wallet.

Overreaction. 

AFK's are annoying, but I don't find them to be frequent enough to rage about.

Your proposed punishments are draconian and unreasonable.

• Cool 2

Members
458 posts

considering I have more than once had to kill the game and restart just to get into a match I have no problem with AFK where the turrets never turn instead of those who just walk away from their computer

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 hour ago, IvanPonomarev said:

No, No and No

21 minutes ago, Umikami said:

So what? You're upset; so what?

Imagine the player who is sitting in his chair, logged in, waiting to play, and for whatever reason, his connection roaches out. He has enough issues without YOU giving him more grief because you are unhappy.

Real world; things happen neither you, nor I, or any other player can control. Deal with it. By yourself. Without punishing others for something which isn't their fault.

Grow up and act like an adult and not some over-entitled and spoiled child who throws a tantrum every time anything upsets him.

This:Smile_great: