You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aristotle83

Best BB's per Tier(UPDATED)

Best BB's per Tier(UPDATED)  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Best BB in Tier 3

• Nassau
    • Bellerophon
    • South Carolina
    • Kawachi
  2. 2. Best BB in Tier IV

• Kaiser/Konig Albert
    • Orion
    • Myogi
    • Ishizuchi
    • Wyoming
  3. 3. Best BB in Tier V

• Konig
    • Iron Duke
    • Kongo
    • New York/Texas
  4. 4. Best BB in Tier VI

• Bayern
    • Queen Elizabeth/Warspite
    • Arizona
    • New Mexico
    • Fuso
    • Dunkerque
  5. 5. Best BB in Tier VII

• Gneisenau
    • Scharnhorst
    • King George V
    • Nelson
    • Hood
    • Colorado
    • Nagato/Mutsu
  6. 6. Best BB in Tier VIII

• Monarch
    • Bismarck
    • Tirpitz
    • North Carolina
    • Alabama
    • Amagi
    • Kii
  7. 7. Tier IX/X

• Yamato
    • Iowa
    • Missouri
    • Lion
    • Conqueror
    • Groser Kurfurst
    • Montana
    • Izumo

59 comments in this topic

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

Upon community feedback I decided it was best to have one poll with different questions for all the tiers. Mods if you can either delete the other threads or tell me how to. 

I am only including ships you can buy currently because if you can't buy it/earn it what's the point of ranking it? Also decided not to separate ships in the same class until the higher Tiers(VII up) where I think some of the differences are more distinct. My logic behind this is this will either split the vote between ships that are mostly the same or in the case of premium ships that are similar to their sister ships in higher tiers just lead to a UD in their favor and I don't want that.   

Again sorry for the confusion, hope the people who voted already see this so they can transfer their votes.

Have fun and looking forward to seeing your opinions as a percentage! We can finally get a consensus on the best ship per division! 

Edited by Aristotle83

Supertester
416 posts
5,903 battles
13 minutes ago, Aristotle83 said:

if you can't buy it/earn it what's the point of ranking it?

So, uh, about that Kii you just put in there...

Also, no FdG available for voting (not that anyone would choose it since it's tiers IX/X)

Anyway, I did my voting.

Members
238 posts
3,510 battles

Made my votes, surprised people voted for the Amagi over the NCar, but I haven't really played 8+ Battleships in awhile so IDK. guess we'll see when there's more than 4-5 votes on the board

[-K-]
Members
5,086 posts
8,969 battles
4 hours ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

So, uh, about that Kii you just put in there...

Also, no FdG available for voting (not that anyone would choose it since it's tiers IX/X)

Anyway, I did my voting.

Yep.  Incomplete poll needs updating.

Members
4,145 posts

One thing, the Konig Albert is a T3, not 4 and the Mutsu is a T6 not 7.

Read through, I think the Mutsu should be separate from the Nagato. It might work for Konig Albert, but the tiers really start to show a difference at 6 and 7.

Edited by Wowzery

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
6 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

One thing, the Konig Albert is a T3, not 4 and the Mutsu is a T6 not 7.

Read through, I think the Mutsu should be separate from the Nagato. It might work for Konig Albert, but the tiers really start to show a difference at 6 and 7.

I was aware of that though I'm open to feedback. My idea was that I thought Mutsu would win by too much at Tier VI. 

Members
4,145 posts
Just now, Aristotle83 said:

I was aware of that though I'm open to feedback. My idea was that I thought Mutsu would win by too much at Tier VI. 

Surprisingly there is a lot of people who dislike the Mutsu.  And even at T6 she would have to compete with some heavy competition. 

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,571 battles

Why aren't all premiums there? You also forgot the best T2 BB.

Spoiler

*insert troll face here*

• Cool 1

Members
97 posts
2,873 battles

Personally, I don't think the Tier IX battleships should be ranked with the Tier X. I mean, in what world is an Izumo comparable to any Tier X BB (or Tier IX for that matter.)?

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
1 hour ago, FayFay731 said:

Why aren't all premiums there? You also forgot the best T2 BB.

Reveal hidden contents

*insert troll face here*

Well it's the only BB in her tier so I think we already know the answer to the question there? 

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
1 hour ago, Sock5 said:

"Best" is really up to perception.

And that's why I want to see what perception is shared by the most people! 

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
49 minutes ago, CrapDuster said:

Personally, I don't think the Tier IX battleships should be ranked with the Tier X. I mean, in what world is an Izumo comparable to any Tier X BB (or Tier IX for that matter.)?

Fact a TIX battleship is currently winning the poll makes me think I was right to put them together.

Beta Testers
494 posts
1,278 battles

Queen Elizabeth and Warspite need to be separated because they are most definitely not the same ship at all.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,570 posts
3,740 battles
2 hours ago, Aristotle83 said:

Fact a TIX battleship is currently winning the poll makes me think I was right to put them together.

Fact that the Tier 9 in question is the Missouri is unfair since it is quite a special ship in itself and would have biased voting on it due to its namesake

So no it isn't right to place two tiers into one section that people can only vote for either a tier 9 or tier 10 ship

Though it is interesting that while you place the Mutsu and the Nagato together despite them being in different tiers, you didn't put the Iowa and Missouri together when they are more identical to each other than the Nagato and the Mutsu.

Members
97 posts
2,873 battles
2 hours ago, Aristotle83 said:

Missouri is winning because of the name and how much money it makes as a premium

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,462 posts
10,194 battles

Wow, those results have me chuckling to myself.  As another poster said though best is just an opinion. Some of the rankings so far are crazy to me though I have to say.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

Just want to remind everyone that the other threads were accidents and this is the main thread. See a bit more voting on the other one's so just wanted to remind everyone! 

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
36 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Poll needs to be fixed for tier 9 and 10.

First off I cannot alter or delete these polls apparently. Otherwise I would have deleted the other individual ones, every time I've asked how to alter/delete them I've been ignored. In terms of Tier IX/X, a Tier IX ship is currently winning the poll and seperating the polls will simply have the effect of Yamato and Missouri winning in landslides. I think whether people think Yamato or Missouri is better is a more pressing/controversial question than which ship is the best at Tier IX/Tier X because given the current poll it's readily apparent what the results would be if I was able to change it. If Missouri's getting this many votes against Tier X's it would win Tier IX poll and Yamato would win Tier X even more easily than it's winning this. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,570 posts
3,740 battles

Regardless there should've been a poll for tier 9 and 10 separately in the first place.

Altering the polls based on your own opinion defeats the purpose of this thread as the title implies.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

Observations from our existing sample size(btw due to like scientific polling if we get a few hundred votes it will actually be pretty representative of the whole community(in NA) plus minus a few. 

T3-1)People like the Nassau's quick reload, they like it a lot.

2)most people think the best T3 BB is either Nassau or Bellerophon with a few SC fans who really like that range/turret mobility and can put up with the slowest BB speed in the game. There is no Kawachi fan club.

3)Fact Nassau's winning despite Bellerophon being new says a lot IMO. 

T4-1)Kaiser and Orion are clearly the best 2(though the other ships like with the SC have their small little fan clubs who really like em). Think this one's going to remain perpetually in the margin of error. I do think there's a legit case to be made for both. If you like annoying people with fire, Orion's your ship, if you like speed and not having to wait forever to turn your turret, Kaiser's for you.

T5-1) Seems to be four pretty sizable groups going in different directions but right now Kongo's seems to be the best. I think at T5 we're getting more subjective about the term best because it depends on what you like to do in the game and all four of these ships are superior to the other three in certain ways. Yeah though that mixture of power, range and speed the Kongo has is pretty solid. 

T6-1)Surprised Bayern's doing so poorly. Appears that Arizona, Fuso and Queen Elizabeth/Warspite are the one's still in the running. Only ever played is the Warspite and looking at the stats and my anecdotal experience dealing with these BB's, I think it could go either way. 

T7-1)Really surprised the British BB's aren't winning here. I've heard people raving about how wonderful the KGV is, well I guess it's a passionate minority:) There's a niche group that prefers every option at this tier but it seems like a significantly greater amount of people are on team Scharnhorst. I think the community or at least who've we had vote so far prefers speed and mobility otherwise I think Nagato would be winning. 

T8-This is just drama. The community is just torn over this(btw putting Kii in the poll was an accident someone did point out it was DQ'd by own rules). Your vote counts! 

T9/T10-Best ship is really a race between Missouri and Yamato with Missouri winning slightly but Yamato still in. Everyone else at both T9 and T10 is behind the T9 premium(though the other T10's have nice niche fanbases). Again at least with the voters we got this far I'm starting to see a pattern where they are speed and mobility centered rather than power centered. 

Just my thoughts on everyone opinions keep it up. If we get into the hundreds statistically wise the poll will not be meaningless and will give us important insight into what the community thinks of their battleships. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,570 posts
3,740 battles
On 9/10/2017 at 6:32 PM, Aristotle83 said:

If Missouri's getting this many votes against Tier X's it would win Tier IX poll and Yamato would win Tier X even more easily than it's winning this. 

Considering that the only tier 9s voted are the Iowa and Missouri which of course is the same ship with the Missouri being more favorable. You didn't even include the Friedrich.

Also for the Yamato winning more easily if the tiers are separate is not really true. All those Missouri and Iowa voters didn't have a chance to vote for a tier 10 and that is a lot of votes unaccounted for (actually equal to the amount the Yamato was voted for). How many of those votes would've gone to the Conqueror instead? We will never know because of this weird poll set up.

On a side note, you added the Kii in the polls? lol why? It's not even available yet to the public, and based on your logic, it should've been placed together with the Amagi since you placed the Mutsu with the Nagato