You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptGodzillaPig

Z52,, Did I miss the boat?

68 comments in this topic

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

No pun intended..  :)   Been putting around in pub test and this time my intent was to run the HM BB line and see what that was like.  Still haven't done that.  After completing the Mino mission (fun ship, probably won't waste time to run that on the live server) I jumped into the Shima for the T10 DD missions.  That was ok, but played that gal before, so I had a bunch of free XP and jumped to the Z..  all I can say is WOW.  I ran the live line to Gearing.  Have a handful of IJN DD's up to T7 and played them all on test.  I remember back playing the KM DD line when it came out and thinking they really sucked.  This ship is a blast.  Literally.  Good torp range, great speed, low detect range.  fast guns.  Guns seem to hit as hard, if not harder, than the US line.   Really fast reload on the torps compared to IJN.     Think I might have to run me some KM DD's here soon. 

Beta Testers
1,174 posts
5,936 battles

Gaede killed all desire I had to progress up that line unfortunately. The tier 9 and 10 are definitely no joke though, but it feels like a real slog until then.

• Cool 1

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles
1 minute ago, SeraphicRadiance said:

Gaede killed all desire I had to progress up that line unfortunately. The tier 9 and 10 are definitely no joke though, but it feels like a real slog until then.

Same.

At some point I threw in the towel, free xp'ed the few thousand I had left to go and sold it so I could buy the Taiho? or maybe the Edin.  Either way, the Gaede was a lot worse than the T-22.  The T-22 was at least small and handled well, but the Gaede is big, slow, and clumsy.  I want to like the 150s as they are reminiscent of the old IJN DD guns, but they just aren't good on the Gaede.

Either way I'm slowly saving some credits up to get the Maas at some point, but that's a ways away.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,103 battles

what's with the hate for the Gaede?  It's one of my favorites of the line.  With the 150s you can cause a lot of damage and start many fires.  The German DD line is an overall great line from tiers 4-10 (except tier 5) and worth playing instead of skipping.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
39 minutes ago, aAkula said:

Free XP'd to the Z-52 and played about 10 games in it.

No offense here aA..  But that doesn't surprise me.  Have you spent any real time in any ship (in your current name) below T8?

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

Ok so I wasn't out of my head then.  Sounds like the grind is going to suck butt.   I can do that.  I don't care about the stat part.  Just knowing what I am getting into is the main thing. 

[OO7]
Beta Testers
621 posts
6,960 battles
31 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Ok so I wasn't out of my head then.  Sounds like the grind is going to suck butt.   I can do that.  I don't care about the stat part.  Just knowing what I am getting into is the main thing. 

If you have the currency, why spend time bashing your head against walls at T7 and below?

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
21 minutes ago, grizzly95 said:

If you have the currency, why spend time bashing your head against walls at T7 and below?

because the previous tier teaches you how to use the next one.  That said I did skip up to the T6 just because I hate the torp parade at the low tiers..  nothing like getting nuked by a team mate.  I'll work my way from here.  That said, if I could just jump to the top and have a unicum div behind me when I got there, then that would be a different story.  

[OO7]
Beta Testers
621 posts
6,960 battles
14 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

because the previous tier teaches you how to use the next one.  That said I did skip up to the T6 just because I hate the torp parade at the low tiers..  nothing like getting nuked by a team mate.  I'll work my way from here.  That said, if I could just jump to the top and have a unicum div behind me when I got there, then that would be a different story.  

Considering how in just 12 (not 10) games without playing any of the preceding ships in its line the shark averaged almost 90k damage and a 1700 WTR in Z-52.

You're wrong. 

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
134 posts
9,246 battles

Z-52 is the most powerful tier 10 DD. It can do very good in any task, cap base, hunt DD, torp BB ...

in 1v1 situation, Z-52 alway have higher chance to win again other tier 10 DD even Khabarovsk (everybody call it OP but i only see it annoying)

this is my tip and it work every time. 

- Set your speed to 1/4, smoke on and hydro search on an slowly approaching enemy. With this, smoke alway cover your ships and 5.8km hydro search will help you blast enemy out of water (very nice if you have any smoke and hydro mod).

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles
1 hour ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

No offense here aA..  But that doesn't surprise me.  Have you spent any real time in any ship (in your current name) below T8?

Sly attempt at calling me a re-roll, yawn.

14 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Unicum teammates can only do so much, eventually you have to do something on your own..

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Supertester
505 posts
4,421 battles
2 minutes ago, aAkula said:

Unicum teammates can only do so much, eventually you have to do something on your own..

Sometimes you have to carry their sorry a**es too

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
31 minutes ago, grizzly95 said:

Considering how in just 12 (not 10) games without playing any of the preceding ships in its line the shark averaged almost 90k damage and a 1700 WTR in Z-52.

You're wrong. 

Who is "the shark"?  And what am I wrong about?  I didn't play any previous ships in test before the 52 and did pretty good in her.  That isn't what I do here.  I prefer to learn some of the low T nuances as I move up.  I even ran a looong tiring grind in the Izzy before going Yam.   But,  I am not going to bang heads with you purple guys.  Because quite simply I don't give a flying fart about who did what with whatever WTR rate and honestly for that person.  I would like to congratulate him on his success and hope he sleeps well tonight on his anime body pillow.  Or his body pillow of choice if he is not of the "poi" crowd.  Maybe Bronie?   I am not wrong,  oh hell maybe I am..  who cares... because I don't give a crap about your stats.  lol.  You guys really don't see how laughable it is how much you care about a stupid game.  I feel bad for you..  I do.  There is so much more to life.  lol. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
7 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Who is "the shark"?  And what am I wrong about?  I didn't play any previous ships in test before the 52 and did pretty good in her.  That isn't what I do here.  I prefer to learn some of the low T nuances as I move up.  I even ran a looong tiring grind in the Izzy before going Yam.   But,  I am not going to bang heads with you purple guys.  Because quite simply I don't give a flying fart about who did what with whatever WTR rate and honestly for that person.  I would like to congratulate him on his success and hope he sleeps well tonight on his anime body pillow.  Or his body pillow of choice if he is not of the "poi" crowd.  Maybe Bronie?   I am not wrong,  oh hell maybe I am..  who cares... because I don't give a crap about your stats.  lol.  You guys really don't see how laughable it is how much you care about a stupid game.  I feel bad for you..  I do.  There is so much more to life.  lol. 

Hey, it's fine if you want to hate on the unica, but leave the anime nation out of this.

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
914 posts
17,949 battles

Love the Z-46 and Z-52.  But I do agree the Gaede was a royal pain to play through.  I just couldn't get it to work for me.  

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
9 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Hey, it's fine if you want to hate on the unica, but leave the anime nation out of this.

It is a kind of love hate.  there are people that like it and are cool.  and there are the people that have issues dealing with regular society that happen to have that as a side hobby.  Sorry to drag any innocents into this. 

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, CaptGodzillaPig said:

It is a kind of love hate.  there are people that like it and are cool.  and there are the people that have issues dealing with regular society that happen to have that as a side hobby.  Sorry to drag any innocents into this. 

I have issues dealing with regular society and I absolutely love anime. If you want to psycho-analyze me feel free.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
1 hour ago, grizzly95 said:

You're wrong. 

But you know what..  When I am "wrong" it is usually during those 3-4 days I am not playing this game and I am out doing this instead...  

Well photobucket wants to be a [edited].  But when I am not here for a few days.  I am out on the river fishing..or in the woods hunting.  I am sure not worried about what my WTR is. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles
9 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I have no issues with people having hobbies, i do have an issue with your constant references to the "purple" crowd, if you truly didn't care about the unicum players or stats you simply wouldn't bring it up as often as you do.

But i feel like this will go round in circles, so disregard this.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
7 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

I have issues dealing with regular society and I absolutely love anime. If you want to psycho-analyze me feel free.

You pretty much said it.  No need for further analyzing. 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, aAkula said:

I have no issues with people having hobbies, i do have an issue with your constant references to the "purple" crowd, if you truly didn't care about the unicum players or stats you simply wouldn't bring it up as often as you do.

But i feel like this will go round in circles, so disregard this.

Call it a counter balance.  If you have an issue with me bringing it up, consider that I have an issue with your crowd constantly banging down the people that just play for fun.   You don't like me up your bung hole all the time?  Then get out of ours all the time.  Honestly I never had a problem with it until I came to the forums and saw how you guys lorded over everyone that just asked simple questions.  eff you fuggers.  As much as I like you aA.. You and your group are bad for the game as a whole...as good as you are at it. 

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
7 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

You pretty much said it.  No need for further analyzing. 

That's kind of mean. I suppose you're a bully though so it's whatever.