Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptGodzillaPig

Can we talk about Hot Key auto chat for a bit...

7 comments in this topic

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

I like the feature,  but it gets abused far too often and in some games, and certainly at times, can almost be overbearing.   I don't want to see it go away, as it is useful, but could maybe we implement a cool down between hot key chat entries from one person?   Constant calling out for concentrating fire on every red ship on the map over and over is just bothersome and keeps others from being able to effectively communicate.  Kiddies saying "stow the crows" because...ohhh..  they can "cuss" is just useless.  BB's calling for support when they are at the far back of the fleet and running to who knows where with not a ship anywhere near shooting range to them.    This is a very useful feature that is easily turned into a useless feature by one or two people in select matches.   Dropping a cool down between hot key chat entries might slow it down a bit at least.  Maybe give people on the team with real value to add to the game play a time to say something?    Just a thought. 

[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,483 battles

There is a cooldown, but it still allows spamming. I had a pink Bismarck spamming "get back" for 20 minutes while he was circling in our spawn. Still it is very rare to see this behavior. I would call a target more than once if my team isn't responding the first time couple of times.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Yea, sure. Why not? That said, I use it rather liberally. I just make sure to think for a second before I use it. Oh, and I wish my opponents "Good luck and fair seas." before the battle.

Edited by Elegant_Winter

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
1 minute ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Yea, sure. Why not? That said, I use it rather liberally. I make sure to think for a second before I use it. Oh, and I wish my opponents "Good luck and fair seas." before the battle.

That is fine.  It is a very useful feature and I like it.  Just spit balling ways to cut down on the people that just hit keys as fast as they can just because they can.   I guess I could mute them  (I think..  never tried), but I hate cutting off someone on the team because they might eventually have something useful to say.

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig
  • Cool 1

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
7 minutes ago, m373x said:

There is a cooldown, but it still allows spamming. I had a pink Bismarck spamming "get back" for 20 minutes while he was circling in our spawn. Still it is very rare to see this behavior. I would call a target more than once if my team isn't responding the first time couple of times.

Calling out a target multiple times I would be ok with if you are seriously trying to get attention to that.  Knowing you M I am sure you aren't spamming.  calling out to concentrate fire on every red ship that they have spotted on the map is useless.   lol.  Pick one to concentrate on.  hahaha.   I think we all know we are supposed to shoot the red guys.  Just highlighting ships everyone can see already. just because you (or someone) can, is pointless.

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
6 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

That is fine.  It is a very useful feature and I like it.  Just spit balling ways to cut down on the people that just hit keys as fast as they can just because they can.   I guess I could mute them  (I think..  never tried), but I hate cutting off someone on the team because they might eventually have something useful to say.

I dislike muting people too. I always want to know what's being said. I'm curious.

[BEER]
Members
106 posts
6,111 battles
50 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

I dislike muting people too. I always want to know what's being said. I'm curious.

FOMO, eh?

One of my macro keys is set to "Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform". It usually works.

Sign in to follow this