You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aristotle83

Most powerful BB Tier 7(UPDATED)

What do you consider the most powerful battleship in Tier 7?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider the most powerful battleship in Tier 7

• Colorado
    • Nagato/Fuso
    • King George V
    • Nelson
    • Sharnhorst
    • Gneisenau
    • Hood

35 comments in this topic

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,203 posts
6,433 battles

Did you have to make so many different threads for that? Why not one large thread, that would also make it easier for you to collect the data

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

I've asked multiple people if I could delete but no one's answered me. Holding off on making the others until I know. Didn't know I could ask more than 2 questions. 

Members
1,642 posts
2,149 battles

Colorado has a pretty high potential, I personally like mine but so many people say it's crap. 

Members
1,238 posts
8,919 battles

I started a carbon copy of this question in another thread back in February.......Hood and Nelson have been added since then.......but the results were the same in my poll:   Scharnhorst hands down and Gneisenau next....

Colorado and Nagato have their fans, but they never suited my style.

Scharnhorst has a 20s reload on the main battery, and that's unparalleled among BBs...

on top of which the German sisters have torps, which is almost unfair on a BB...

Members
1,238 posts
8,919 battles
On 9/7/2017 at 9:26 PM, LycorisFubuki said:

why is fusō there

I think Fuso's here because she and Nagato should swap.....Nagatos belong in 6, and Fuso's a 7.

[WBLDG]
Beta Testers
373 posts
3,582 battles
On 10/9/2017 at 9:50 PM, commodore_torakula said:

I think Fuso's here because she and Nagato should swap.....Nagatos belong in 6, and Fuso's a 7.

That's pretty silly, Nagato is a great tier 7. Very reliable guns through all ranges on a reasonably sturdy platform that, if handled carefully, can resist fire even at closer ranges.

The arrival of the KGV really should have more of an impact on the Sharn though as the KGV does what the Sharn does best but better, kill cruisers really really fast. Sharn has better armor certainly and torps but KGV's HE option balances that out pretty well.

Gnei is just kinda sad, proliferation of HE has hurt her a lot as it's armor is worth a lot less. The only real response to HE spam is firepower or concealment both of which favor the KGV.

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles
On 10/9/2017 at 11:50 PM, commodore_torakula said:

Hahahaha no. 

• Cool 1

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,521 posts
3,514 battles

Colorado: I have a soft spot for her, I still own mine and I take regularly take her out for a good time. I'm comfortable enough in her to 1v1 and even 1v2 other T7 BBs and win. That said she really does need more hp, seriously she needs the West Virginia Hull badly

Nagato: I hated this ship the first time I bought her but now that I'm a more experienced player I found I like her allot. She takes damage easily though so positioning is key and she doesn't feel fast anymore either thanks to the KM and RN line

KGV: I haven't made it to it yet but she seems bad but that might be the players because I see them spamming HE non stop when at times AP would be best

Nelson: Spongey but tough. It's AP and HE are solid as I've been on the receiving end and she is a tough ship to take down

Scharnhorst: I bought her when she first came out and she is a beast. I run AP 95% of the time and average 60k plus damage, I find her HE to be lack luster though.

Gneisenau: I did well in this ship but I never really liked her, her guns force you to get in close, which is a great way to get focused down. Just meh for me

Hood: like the Nelson, soft but tough. It's AP works magic on thin skinned ships, I would love to own her but she is really expensive for me right now

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles
9 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

KGV: I haven't made it to it yet but she seems bad but that might be the players because I see them spamming HE non stop when at times AP would be best

AP is very rarely best on KGV. Basically only against cruisers, and against BB's at very close range. 

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,715 posts
4,502 battles

A well run scharnhorst could easily take all of those ships...the Ginny is a close second.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,521 posts
3,514 battles
1 hour ago, Xlap said:

So far Nagato is the best T7 BB, those guns... :Smile_playing:

But that armor is so sad. Don't get me wrong I love mine but she is so soft

[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
519 posts
1,769 battles
5 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

do you think? I feel like she's the hardest to put down if she's angled correctly. She's like Yamato, [edited]hard to kill when played right but softy asf when you flank her
Even the germans get damaged more because of their soft belts and their little guns

Members
2,274 posts
7,307 battles
16 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

Yes and no. Yes the armor is very meh. But if you angle the ship you can bounce most of the shells. Also Nagato should be played at ranges, she has enough speed, and gun accuracy for that, at range and angled (plus that huge HP pool) armor is not a issue. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,142 posts
1,641 battles
On 10/12/2017 at 11:09 AM, Dr_Venture said:

A well run scharnhorst could easily take all of those ships...the Ginny is a close second.

Hood eats Scharnhorst for lunch.  Anything Scharnhorst can’t overtake and bully with torpedoes gives her a rough time.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,359 posts
10,224 battles
6 hours ago, Apokita said:

do you think? I feel like she's the hardest to put down if she's angled correctly. She's like Yamato, [edited]hard to kill when played right but softy asf when you flank her
Even the germans get damaged more because of their soft belts and their little guns

You will probably change your mind when you play Zombie Nelson.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,715 posts
4,502 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

Hood eats Scharnhorst for lunch.  Anything Scharnhorst can’t overtake and bully with torpedoes gives her a rough time.

Not really....you see the Hood run away and you throw HE at it with the Scharn...eventually he gets sick of fires and turns to engage...then he dies.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,521 posts
3,514 battles

The Shiney Horse sides don't like getting hit by 16" guns (well nothing does) mainly because of their armor the shells are less likely to overpen. I love kiting them in my Colorado and  Nagato and dodging there obvious torpedo attacks then hitting them for a 15-20k salvo at close range. On the flip side I've had this happen to me when I've been kited in my sisters also

[R-R-R]
Members
969 posts
6,403 battles

Nagato for me. The gun penetrating power and dispersion is just beautiful. 

Colorado also has good guns but they lose effectiveness when range increases. Nagato guns are just so good at all ranges.

Members
1,030 posts
95 battles

Voted for Scharnhorst. She may not be "the best", but she's definitely the "most fun" and that does it for me.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,142 posts
1,641 battles
On 10/15/2017 at 5:47 PM, Dr_Venture said:

Not really....you see the Hood run away and you throw HE at it with the Scharn...eventually he gets sick of fires and turns to engage...then he dies.

That hasn't been my experience.   My experience has been Scharnhorst doggedly pursuing Hood and eating repeated penetrations through the bow until Scharhorst tries to escape, and discovers that she cannot escape from Hood.