Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nine3

Equal number of radar ships on each team.

7 comments in this topic

Members
40 posts
6,840 battles

It would really help game balance if the MM would try to put an equal number of radar ships on each team. Seems simple, obvious, needed, and fair.

[SIM]
Members
2,541 posts
4,182 battles

I do agree that radar capability should be factored into the matchmaking system, and while mirroring isn't necessary, closer symmetry would be nice. 

[5IN]
Members
208 posts
17,622 battles
12 hours ago, Nine3 said:

It would really help game balance if the MM would try to put an equal number of radar ships on each team. Seems simple, obvious, needed, and fair.

I agree 100% was in a couple games where this was a real issue one was somewhat understandable where we had NO radar vs a 3 player Belfast division,  I understand MM isn't going to break up a division but there should be someway ships with Radar are given a designation by MM and a match isn't populated without radar on both teams,  another game where opponent had 2 Moskva's paired against our 2 zao's this instance none of the player were divisioned so why couldn't each team get 1 zao and 1 Moskva.  The matchmaker is set up to not allow one team to have a CV and other team to not have a CV why can't it do the same with Radar?

[R-F]
Members
781 posts
6,408 battles

I've argued for this before as well.  Some people don't think it's that big of a difference but for a high tier DD player, radar is everything.  Without radar, my detection range is my detection range, end of story.  With one or two radar sets, I can usually avoid them and be useful.  With three or four, it's a pain.  A radar cruiser or missouri essentially creates a 10 km bubble around itself that is very, very dangerous for a destroyer to enter.  I hate feeling like a coward but if I am trying to cap a point and a Des Moines starts heading into it, it's run or die time.  If there are no ships on my side to inspire that kind of fear in the enemy DDs, more often than not it's going to be a one-sided battle.

I mostly play DDs, but I keep up with the other classes as well.  When a match starts in a DD, I have to study the roster.  How many radar cruisers? How many brits that might or might not have radar? Any missouris? I don't find myself doing that with any other class, or any other consumable.  I guess the closest comparable thing would be carrier captain needing to make mental notes of which ships have strong AA and which don't.

Sign in to follow this