Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Moonllama

Ever been "that close" to TK'ing someone?

58 comments in this topic

[F4E]
Members
53 posts
5,227 battles

I was thinking about it, but I didn't.   Something about that entitled line of "you drove into my torpedoes"

I swear it's some sort of generational gap.   Back as a kid in Ohio, where guns vastly outnumber people, you just knew better. 

I'm telling you, the apocalypse comes, I will laugh at these millennial snowflakes. 

• Cool 6

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles

I'm thiiiiiiiis close to almost understanding your post....

Need more explanation

Edited by Ducky_shot

Members
170 posts
277 battles

I think he's talking about the entitled brats you run into in chat many times.  I've seen it and just laugh about it.  You don't see a lot of that crap in England and I just sit back and wonder, what the heck happened to the USA in the last 10 years LOL.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,351 posts
11,894 battles
17 minutes ago, British_Beauty said:

I think he's talking about the entitled brats you run into in chat many times.  I've seen it and just laugh about it.  You don't see a lot of that crap in England and I just sit back and wonder, what the heck happened to the USA in the last 10 years LOL.

Please believe me when I say we are not all like that. Some of us have self respect still. We tend to differentiate ourselves by calling our selves American and not US citizens. As for you OP I commend you on your self control. My motto is don't get Pink because of a Dink.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,530 posts
3,526 battles
17 minutes ago, British_Beauty said:

As a American and as the older I get the more I wonder this also. I used to be a store manager, eventually I found myself having to teach kids how to properly talk to customers and how to use a hard line phone or why its important to show up 10 minutes early to work. That said I had some great kids I'm proud that I was able develop into productive adults. The hardest thing I tried to teach them is they didn't have to go to college, getting a trade job can pay ALLOT more but trade jobs are looked down upon even in the south where I live, heck I have a buddy thats a welder that is making a silly amount of money because good welders are hard to find. Sorry I'm rambling but point is the kids are not bad, but there is a real difference in how they are raised now

• Cool 4

[SYN]
Members
509 posts
5,971 battles
33 minutes ago, Moonllama said:

I was thinking about it, but I didn't.   Something about that entitled line of "you drove into my torpedoes"

I swear it's some sort of generational gap.   Back as a kid in Ohio, where guns vastly outnumber people, you just knew better. 

I'm telling you, the apocalypse comes, I will laugh at these millennial snowflakes. 

No. I have negligently sent torps down range. I have fired not knowing a teamate was next to me. Once, on two bothers, I confused a red coming out of the slot with a teammate near the slot. We I lost the enemy in binocular and picked up the teammate.

Intentionally? Nah... too busy trying not to deep.

[F4E]
Members
53 posts
5,227 battles

Hey, we've all fired misguided torps, the point I was trying to make was that you have to take responsibility for your actions.  No one does this anymore.  Just say sorry. 

Members
170 posts
277 battles
26 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Please believe me when I say we are not all like that. Some of us have self respect still. We tend to differentiate ourselves by calling our selves American and not US citizens. As for you OP I commend you on your self control. My motto is don't get Pink because of a Dink.

Oh trust me I don't judge you guys based the actions of a few spoiled brats that I read about in the news or see on TV, hell I'm engaged to an American and spend a lot of time in the States with my job, so yeah you aren't all wacked out lol.  The vast majority of the people I have talked to here on the forums have been great which is why I primarily play on the NA server (That and I spend 6 months out of the year in the States).  But i've gotten a lot of help from you guys in the past and can't thank you enough.

Edited by British_Beauty
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,351 posts
11,894 battles
16 minutes ago, British_Beauty said:

Oh trust me I don't judge you guys based the actions of a few spoiled brats that I read about in the news or see on TV, hell I'm engaged to an American and spend a lot of time in the States with my job, so yeah you aren't all wacked out lol.  The vast majority of the people I have talked to here on the forums have been great which is why I primarily play on the NA server (That and I spend 6 months out of the year in the States).  But i've gotten a lot of help from you guys in the past and can't thank you enough.

So do you play on the EU server too, I could use an invite a friend code for the EU server if you do and you can I am Sovereigndawg@hotmail.com, I haven't played on the EU for quite some time mostly because I don't have my premiums over there. Do you guys have invite a friend? Lucky you and Lucky him American guys put their girls on pedestals and EU ladies aren't so prissy. To me it already sounds like a good match, congratulations.

[NSEW]
Members
413 posts
7,896 battles
1 hour ago, British_Beauty said:

Wrong

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles

about a year ago, was in a battle with a player that was using racial and ethnic slurs, ramming and shooting at people, I was right next to him, torped him and proudly wore pink for 10 battles.

about 6 weeks ago, was in a battle with the same player, who was quite verbal, using the same insults, racial stuff, etc. he entered battle pink, and in a clan that seems to have a lot of players with major issues, as all three clan member were posting in battle chat about the same ugly topics. I accidently rammed him once, and he went off.

I turned into him several minutes later to avoid staying broadside to a yamato, he apparently thought this was really stupid, at which point he torped me. twice, the first round was too close to arm. figured he got at least 10 more battle pink outta that one, and reported his clan buddies, which means absolutely nothing (and support won't even read them anymore).

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
122 posts
5,812 battles
2 hours ago, Moonllama said:

Buddy and I were joking only yesterday... if conscription ever came about again, Congress would have to add the line "if you're under thirty, stay home".

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
2 hours ago, British_Beauty said:

American "culture" is much more fractured than most European cultures. There's more division, thus more conflict. People are more often in a defensive or combative mental state.

Edited by Elegant_Winter

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
2 hours ago, Moonllama said:

Your first line was ok..  You last two lines have me a little concerned...    Back when I was in High School in Maryland it wasn't any big deal to see rifles on racks in the trucks in the student parking lot..  or even for a kid to be late to class because he shot a deer that morning.    I wouldn't really ever consider combining that old memory with team killing someone in this game though...........  How did you make that leap from your first comment to the last?

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I can't say I've ever really wanted to torpedo someone or whatever. It's just something I'm unfamiliar with. I'm not a very serious person.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
1 hour ago, Moonllama said:

Hey, we've all fired misguided torps, the point I was trying to make was that you have to take responsibility for your actions.  No one does this anymore.  Just say sorry. 

Ok dude you have over 3k battles..  You haven't figured this out yet?  First off,  I am with you.  Millennial snowflakes.  lol.  yeah they are something to behold.  I am sure the generation before us looked at us the same way.    But what you are missing here is that this is a video game.  You are in THEIR WORLD HERE.   This isn't real life.  This is a game.  People are going to be idiots.  I look at a good percentage of the game base as morons.  There is a good percentage of the game base that looks at me as a moron.  There is another good percentage of the game base that looks at those people as morons.   People will play the way they want to play.  Now,  if they were in the woods during hunting season lobbing .30-06 rounds over my head,  now we would have a real problem.   

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

But to answer your OP.  Not only have I thought about it..  I have worn some pink.  More than a few times and not on accident.   Not lately though.  I have mellowed a bit.  :)

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
1 hour ago, Elegant_Winter said:

American "culture" is much more fractured than most European cultures. There's more division, thus more conflict. People are more often in a defensive or combative mental state.

Yeah.  Europe is still very divided culturally, but they're all in their own countries, not in one continent-spanning political division.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
1 hour ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Now,  if they were in the woods during hunting season lobbing .30-06 rounds over my head,  now we would have a real problem.   

Where I grew up...not for long.   

My son knows not to act like that in-game.  He may still do it, sometimes, and once in a while I have to point out to him that just because his friends do it, he doesn't have to, but, that's going to happen with any 13-year-old.  That's all part of teaching the kids right from wrong, imo.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
18 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Where I grew up...not for long.   

My son knows not to act like that in-game.  He may still do it, sometimes, and once in a while I have to point out to him that just because his friends do it, he doesn't have to, but, that's going to happen with any 13-year-old.  That's all part of teaching the kids right from wrong, imo.

I have a 13yr old son that plays as well.  Has been for awhile now actually.  As far as I know he doesn't act that way and I would check him if he did.  I am pretty confident he knows better though.  We see things the same way I guarantee.  I know a lot of Ohio guys. Mostly waterfowlers.  I used to make duck calls and actually sold quite a few up your way.  Always wanted to hunt divers on the big lakes..  But I got a big river down here I can shoot them on just as well.  Seemed kind of fun the way you guys did it though. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,845 posts
6,773 battles
2 hours ago, Shipping_Forecast said:

Buddy and I were joking only yesterday... if conscription ever came about again, Congress would have to add the line "if you're under thirty, stay home".

Nah... we will need people to throw at the enemy trenches to see if the other side still wants to fight.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
3 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I have a 13yr old son that plays as well.  Has been for awhile now actually.  As far as I know he doesn't act that way and I would check him if he did.  I am pretty confident he knows better though.  We see things the same way.  I know a lot of Ohio guys. Mostly waterfowlers.  I used to make duck calls and actually sold quite a few up your way.  Always wanted to hunt divers on the big lakes..  But I got a big river down here I can shoot them on just as well.  Seemed kind of fun the way you guys did it though. 

Actually, I grew up in north Missouri, with deer coming out our ears.  Next county over from home, there's a ton of Conservation Dept land up and down Locust Creek, so there's tons of deer in that protected area.  People up here that start spraying rounds around too much are liable to get taken out behind the woodshed and taught not to do that.  There's been a couple of 'hunting accidents' in the past several years when people from the city couldn't curb themselves.  I have a friend in that county who found an expended bullet sticking into their little girl's room, just enough that the point showed through into the room.  Someone had been firing jacketed bullets, and wasn't careful that the farm was in the line of fire.