Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Old_Dog

Statistics for Operations?

15 comments in this topic

[-OPS-]
Members
68 posts
4,461 battles

I like operations scenarios,I wonder if anyone knows if there will ever be Statistics? Or am I missing something?  Nice to track personal progress or ..

Edited by The_Old_Dog
Spelling
  • Cool 2

Members
8,077 posts
17,038 battles

I have an excell spreadsheet I'm using... That's about it.

Not sure why that wasn't included in the first place from the very begining of Operations...

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,744 posts
7,373 battles

One would have thought WG would have implemented them when Scenarios went live, but I guess they didn't consider them important enough.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,894 battles

I am sure the information is out there but they would have to write some code to implement it, could take some time to do. It would be nice though. Great suggestion.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,894 battles
3 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

What kind of statistics? Personal, overall player base, or what?

I believe he is talking about the kind you get under profile, summary.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[-OPS-]
Members
68 posts
4,461 battles

I was referring to individual player stats from operations,   Winrate, ships, damage, etc.   I can see the achievements that I have earned but no battle data

thanks

Members
8,077 posts
17,038 battles
1 hour ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

You're losing way too many times, I mean, dayum. o.O

Hooray for tier 5 ships, (though @pikohan kicked some serious tushy in an Emerald,) hooray for players who can't seem to notice or hit destroyers; hooray for reading being OP; since from what some players do I wonder if they even read the scenario information; hooray for whatever lunatic logic the bots use to choose targets, and moronic 'allied' bots who only seem to know how to evade attacks in the worst possible direction; hooray for my sucking wind in regular ships in ops for whatever reason, but at least for being better than normal with carriers; (part of why I stopped using regular ships and went with Ryujo was that I couldn't get wins driving regular ships, and it was the only way I could be sure to have at least a half-way competent CV driver on my team; again; I saw a Strike Bogue take names; ONCE; but a Ryujo is MUCH better at doing so. Still; even if I'm slaughtering bots right and left; scoring 100k and higher damage consistently with my Ryujo; it doesn't do me any good if everyone else dies...) and hooray for fighting most of these battles solo; since it wasn't until quite recently that I started playing with any regularity in divisions. With very few exceptions, all the the Ops I've played in divisions have been wins; maybe just a star or two; but still wins...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,744 posts
7,373 battles
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Hooray for tier 5 ships, (though @pikohan kicked some serious tushy in an Emerald,) hooray for players who can't seem to notice or hit destroyers; hooray for reading being OP; since from what some players do I wonder if they even read the scenario information; hooray for whatever lunatic logic the bots use to choose targets, and moronic 'allied' bots who only seem to know how to evade attacks in the worst possible direction; hooray for my sucking wind in regular ships in ops for whatever reason, but at least for being better than normal with carriers; (part of why I stopped using regular ships and went with Ryujo was that I couldn't get wins driving regular ships, and it was the only way I could be sure to have at least a half-way competent CV driver on my team; again; I saw a Strike Bogue take names; ONCE; but a Ryujo is MUCH better at doing so. Still; even if I'm slaughtering bots right and left; scoring 100k and higher damage consistently with my Ryujo; it doesn't do me any good if everyone else dies...) and hooray for fighting most of these battles solo; since it wasn't until quite recently that I started playing with any regularity in divisions. With very few exceptions, all the the Ops I've played in divisions have been wins; maybe just a star or two; but still wins...

Wow, man. xD You seem to have some pent up frustrations with Scenarios. xD Though I do feel you, to an extent, many of my team mates can apparently find w, a, s, and d on the keyboard, but can't read them, or any other letters.

Members
8,077 posts
17,038 battles
2 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Wow, man. xD You seem to have some pent up frustrations with Scenarios. xD Though I do feel you, to an extent, many of my team mates can apparently find w, a, s, and d on the keyboard, but can't read them, or any other letters.

Probably... I know from personal experince that a win is easy enough to get in all of the operations; maybe not a perfect win, but still a win... Outside of a few incidents of just plain bad luck; ('fun and enguaging game mechanics...') seeing a win get thrown away for various reasons which boil down to 'are you even trying?' is painful to watch...

'Defense of Naval Station Newport' is an easy example; I usually push up hard behind that island in the middle of the defense line in my Ryujo because it's as far out as I can get and remain hidden; and thus cycle my planes faster. Off I go; spotting, and attacking bigger ships to soften them up for the rest of the team... So, so many times I have to divert from hurting those bigger ships to try and stop destroyers from crossing the defense line... It's like; 'Can't anyone see what's about to happen? Why does it seem like there isn't even anyone shooting at them...?!? (until it's basically too late...)

...and a bit of a secondary thing; just killing the first three waves; FAST; makes the rest of Newport a cakewalk; even if the reinforcing carrier dies, at least YOUR TEAM gets it, instead of the bloody bots.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,744 posts
7,373 battles
31 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Probably... I know from personal experince that a win is easy enough to get in all of the operations; maybe not a perfect win, but still a win... Outside of a few incidents of just plain bad luck; ('fun and enguaging game mechanics...') seeing a win get thrown away for various reasons which boil down to 'are you even trying?' is painful to watch...

'Defense of Naval Station Newport' is an easy example; I usually push up hard behind that island in the middle of the defense line in my Ryujo because it's as far out as I can get and remain hidden; and thus cycle my planes faster. Off I go; spotting, and attacking bigger ships to soften them up for the rest of the team... So, so many times I have to divert from hurting those bigger ships to try and stop destroyers from crossing the defense line... It's like; 'Can't anyone see what's about to happen? Why does it seem like there isn't even anyone shooting at them...?!? (until it's basically too late...)

...and a bit of a secondary thing; just killing the first three waves; FAST; makes the rest of Newport a cakewalk; even if the reinforcing carrier dies, at least YOUR TEAM gets it, instead of the bloody bots.

Ive never won Newport without the bots doing it for us.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,427 battles

Sooo, I hadn't been keeping track like @Estimated_Prophet, but his data got me interested in my own data, and I was able to get a good chunk of it with mxstat:

0jFZsBG.jpg

Since it's mxstat I don't have any data about how many stars each win got, but I can give some thoughts on each scenario:

Of the regular rotation, Killer Whale is definitely the easiest to win because of the stupid win condition. It's almost impossible to not get half the team to the cap because if you can't make it in time, you can banzai into the bots and as long as one guy is still alive over there you get a win. It was really common to see teams camp the edge of the cap and just farm damage and/or objectives until triggering the win condition at the last second. Five stars is mostly difficult due to killing the CVs (especially if your team doesn't have one) or defeating the specific wave (because it can be hard to find them), but but two to three stars is almost guaranteed.

Aegis is probably the second easiest: I got a higher win percentage, but the data is small. I think the Aegis win condition is not quite as broken, but setup of the scenario is such that as long as you get a semi-competent cruiser up into the northwest to kill the CVs the win is quite easy. It's probably the easiest to get five stars on this mission even if the overall win condition is a little tougher; none of the sub-tasks stand out as particularly annoying. I would also say Aegis cares the least about having a decent CV on your team: it can largely be done with surface ships.

Newport is a bit harder than Killer and Aegis, but when you win it's very easy to subsequently get five stars. The key is to not let anyone into the base: if you achieve that, you get the carrier and you're golden. If you don't achieve that, they get the carrier and you're screwed. I've basically never won Newport having let any of the waves into the base: I think a one or two star win is actually harder to get than a four or a five. Again, I don't think Newport is as CV-dependent as Killer or Raptor, though having a good CV always helps.

Raptor has definitely been the hardest for me, but I think I'm starting to see the trick. Much like Newport I think you're pretty much guaranteed a couple stars when you win, though winning is even less easy. Here I think the trick is to get ahead of the Raptor and kill the DDs. It's almost always the DD torps that take out the repair ship and then subsequently the Raptor, especially the Minekaze and Mutsuki that come from the northwest. Having a decent CV really helps with the fifth star, as it's difficult for surface ships to grab the Zuiho and the Ryujo all while keeping enough firepower near the Raptor to take out the DDs. 

Finally, Dynamo was was also pretty easy, and I think the star distribution was pretty flat. Definitely saw multiples of everything from 0 to 5. 

As far as sandbagging with T5 ships goes, I don't think it matters nearly as much as the composition of the team. I played a lot of T5 on SEA, and I don't think my rates are that much different from my T6s. You really want like one or two BBs, cruisers, and then a decent CV basically to fill the gaps where your surface ships aren't (usually hitting that far out carrier they want you to kill). Divs would also help, of course: I won pretty much every time I played with Prophet, but most of these games here are solo, so that's really not impossible either.

Okay I wrote a lot more than I intended to; time to sleep.

Edited by pikohan

[-OPS-]
Members
68 posts
4,461 battles

Today I discovered that I have 230ish unaccounted for battles. (Sum of random, coop, and ranked compared to number of battles in my sig when I post..).  I assume they are operations.. my stats show a handful of games in Cleveland but I play it a couple of time a day, every day...Cleveland is one of the best ships to bring , for me...

how do we get wargaming to consider this?   Or communicate it if it is in the plan..

peace

Sign in to follow this