Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordBenjamin

Alliances, sub clans, etc and the next patch.

4 comments in this topic

[RUST]
Members
860 posts
7,842 battles

Each clan has it's own port and doesn't share it with it's other clans correct?

Is there any in game difference between a clan with a unique name vs OPG-8 or whatever? 

I'm asking because my clan typically never has 7 people online at the same time (centered around odd play hours) and I'm just curious if the game accommodates something about the smaller clans or if we need to recruit more heavily or close up shop if we wanted to do the 7v7 stuff, if they even have it available during our play hours (Tanks didn't last I played).

Edited by LordBenjamin

[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,249 battles

Due to the 30-man (nonsense) limit, bigger clans have dealt with this by (up to this point) treating multiple in-game clans as one. 

For OverPowered Gaming, we have OPG/0PG, OPG2/OPG2, OPG3, and OPGS/0PGS/OPGS_. Each group operates as one clan. 

There appears to soon be an option to have up to 50 members in a clan, but you have to "earn" that right, apparently.

50! Very generous WG /s. The cost of WoWs clans is the same as WoT clans, which has a 100 man limit right out of the gate. 

It's annoying, frustrating, and hopefully WG will think better of it. Clans will need a decent roster size to ensure that they have enough members to participate in regular nightly activities, if they so choose. 50 is the absolute minimum required to make that happen, but I see no reason why 100 is not the go-to number, just like in the other WG titles. 

If the worry is that some clans will stack their decks with deals, diplomacy, and whatnot, an arbitrary limit is not going to prevent that. Clans will just form alliances and subclans and do the same thing anyway. 

But yes, each in-game clan has its own port, which will not be accessible to other clans, subclans or not. 

• Cool 2

[RUST]
Members
860 posts
7,842 battles
2 minutes ago, DOCTOR_CITADEL said:

For OverPowered Gaming, we have OPG/0PG, OPG2/OPG2, OPG3, and OPGS/0PGS/OPGS_. Each group operates as one clan. 

I take back my example of opg-8!  :)

And we don't have any info yet on what form the competitive battles themselves take, right?   I don't see anything on the public notes but wasn't sure if something was leaked.

[WAG]
Members
379 posts
7,288 battles
1 hour ago, LordBenjamin said:

I take back my example of opg-8!  :)

And we don't have any info yet on what form the competitive battles themselves take, right?   I don't see anything on the public notes but wasn't sure if something was leaked.

The release notes say 7v7: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/sailing-frequencies-open/

Clans converge in 7v7 battles to gain prestige on the Clan Leaderboards and build up resources to improve their Naval Bases in seasonal battles. 

The Facebook World of Warships Developer Blog page suggests Tier X

Clan Naval Base testing continues within update 0.6.11 ST. For one of the future updates, Clan versus Clan rules test has been started: 7v7, tier X, several class restriction and map objectives options.

Sign in to follow this