You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ju87s

Premium Shop: Paypal Special pack

59 comments in this topic

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,125 battles

2500 Dubloons

30 days Premium

15% discount coupon

access to the Battle Missions

What the hell are the Battle Missions?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,053 posts
9,331 battles

I bought it but do not see any new mission in the list on my game. I will play a battle and look in the after battle screen. I thought the mission gave 50% boost to both ship XP and commander XP along with 100% boost to FXP for tier 8s and half that for tier 7 and lower.

Beta Testers
41 posts
2,886 battles

I just played a game after buying it, the bonus is there in the Credit and XP section under Combat MIssions, I do however not see a coupon in my profile under the coupons section

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,745 posts
7,373 battles

Honestly, the pack is a ripoff. You get better benefits from the signal flags, which cost much less. Sure, the premium time is nice, but the pricing in the pack is off for it, too.

[-K-]
[-K-]
2,053 posts
9,331 battles

I played a battle and still not showing any bonuses in the after battle other than camo and flag

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,125 battles
22 minutes ago, Girshin said:

I just played a game after buying it, the bonus is there in the Credit and XP section under Combat MIssions, I do however not see a coupon in my profile under the coupons section

for how many battles do you get this XP and credit boost?

[-K-]
[-K-]
2,053 posts
9,331 battles

Supposedly until the end of the month from what I heard.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
416 posts
12,662 battles
37 minutes ago, Girshin said:

There is nothing in the bundle that say anything about a coupon.

29 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

I played a battle and still not showing any bonuses in the after battle other than camo and flag

Did you win the battle?  Requirements for the bonus XP are to win a battle.

• Cool 1

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,125 battles
4 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

There is nothing in the bundle that say anything about a coupon.

It clearly says 15% discount coupon right there on the page in the shop

[PVE]
Members
9,014 posts
7,315 battles
14 hours ago, Ju87s said:

2500 Dubloons

30 days Premium

15% discount coupon

access to the Battle Missions

What the hell are the Battle Missions?

13 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Honestly, the pack is a ripoff. You get better benefits from the signal flags, which cost much less. Sure, the premium time is nice, but the pricing in the pack is off for it, too.

I disagree. You can run flags, daily missions and other events that give XP on top of this.

13 hours ago, Ju87s said:

for how many battles do you get this XP and credit boost?

Screen shot under the spoiler tag. Only XP, Cmdr XP and Free XP boosts. 

Spoiler

eIGXHDo.jpg

2,500 doubloons (any amount item) is $12.69  $12.63

30 days Premium time is $12.59

subtotal     $25.28 $25.22 leaving $4.72 $4.78 for signal flags

If you play T7 or less, that works out to 77 154ish battles for the rest of the month before you are making more than buying the items separately. (1/6 the cost of Free XP flag and 1/2 cost of Cmdr XP & XP flags.)

If you play T8+, that works out to 38 76ish battles for the rest of the month before you are making more than buying the items separately. (full price for XP and Cmdr XP flags and 1/3 for Free XP flags)

The missions are repeatable and have no limit besides that they end at the end of the month and you have to win battles. Doesn't say anything about Random battles, so should work in Co-op I expect.

Edit: Got the price wrong for doubloons and fixed all the math.

Edit2: Doubled the number of games as h9k_a rightly says you have to win the battle to get the XP

Edited by Kizarvexis
math wrong

[PVE]
Members
9,014 posts
7,315 battles
3 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

15% discount on Tier VIII Ship purchase. It can not be combined with other discounts or offers. I would expect you would get the discount when you buy the T8 ship. If you don't, submit a support tkt.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/buddy-ol-pal/

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
416 posts
12,662 battles
9 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

I was looking at the notice on the splash page, sorry.

It looks like you just buy a tier 8 ship and you get the discount. EDIT: Ninja'd by Kizarvexis

Edited by HamptonRoads

[AP-B]
[AP-B]
Members
3 posts
8,149 battles

I have some confusion. Under what condition I can use the coupon?

Does it have to be tech tree doubloon only? Can I buy tier VIII ship on web page by using dollar? If I already have the ship, do I still get the doubloon?

So vague regarding the 15% offer...

[PVE]
Members
9,014 posts
7,315 battles
3 minutes ago, Yimingxiao said:

I have some confusion. Under what condition I can use the coupon?

Does it have to be tech tree doubloon only? Can I buy tier VIII ship on web page by using dollar? If I already have the ship, do I still get the doubloon?

So vague regarding the 15% offer...

That is a good question. Except for a bundle pkg, I don't buy T8 as my skills are not up to high tier battles yet. You could open a tkt or post in one of the support forums in case no one from WOWs sees this post.

Members
512 posts
2,850 battles

The store description lists no such limitation on ship purchases, it simply says "15% discount coupon on your next ship purchase". Some clarification would be nice since the only two ships im interested in are Hood and Kaga. If its only T8 then that's pretty worthless with a whopping 3 ships to choose from-assuming you don't own any of them in the first place (slim).

Just a small reminder to folks too. WOWS anniversary is in 9 days.

Edited by ksix

[PVE]
Members
9,014 posts
7,315 battles
4 minutes ago, MKzhou said:

after i purchase the pack i played and won a battle, however, did not see any Battle mission boosts at the report. 

Some comments at the bottom of the news item mentioned this and they submitted a tkt. I would submit one too if you are not getting the bonuses.

Members
25 posts
4,153 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Some comments at the bottom of the news item mentioned this and they submitted a tkt. I would submit one too if you are not getting the bonuses.

thank you. I did summit a ticket and they replied. They told me everything was applied to my account and i should be seeing the missions under the mission section. However, i still dont see any battle missions besides the back to basics missions XD,

[AP-B]
[AP-B]
Members
3 posts
8,149 battles
1 minute ago, MKzhou said:

thank you. I did summit a ticket and they replied. They told me everything was applied to my account and i should be seeing the missions under the mission section. However, i still dont see any battle missions besides the back to basics missions XD,

Maybe you should take a screen shot and send it back to them? 

[WOLF5]
Members
440 posts
18,359 battles

The issue I've got with this "PayPal Pack" Promotion is how they're calculating the value. They say that it's $30.00 with a 25% discount. That means that the full value of this pack is $40.00.

2500 Doubloons $12.63

30 Days Premium $12.59

That means the hard cost of items is only $25.22. This means by their math, the 15% discount coupon with access to the battle mission is worth $14.78. Now if the access has no monetary value, that means that they're calculating the value of the coupon is based on a $98.53 Tier VIII ship. Since there's a disclaimer that "*Can't be combined with other discounts or offers",  I take that to mean the normal bundles do not qualify for use of the coupon, you can only buy the bare ship. So unless the Kii is going to be $98.53, which would be much more expensive than the current Tirpitz $54.99 or Atago $47.86, this just doesn't make sense. 

Now if WGNA is calculating the coupon as an added value item and the mission access is worth $14.78, then sell the mission access at that price. There may be people that would rather have a smaller uncapped reward per game than buying the the Rushing down the line pack at $12.99 that only has 100 flags. If someone's got the time to play 200+ games (assuming a 50% win rate)  in Tier VIII or below in the next 22ish days they may think it's worth it. 

[PVE]
Members
9,014 posts
7,315 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I disagree. You can run flags, daily missions and other events that give XP on top of this.

Screen shot under the spoiler tag. Only XP, Cmdr XP and Free XP boosts. 

Reveal hidden contents

eIGXHDo.jpg

2,500 doubloons (any amount item) is $12.69  $12.63

30 days Premium time is $12.59

subtotal     $25.28 $25.22 leaving $4.72 $4.78 for signal flags

If you play T7 or less, that works out to 77ish battles for the rest of the month before you are making more than buying the items separately. (1/6 the cost of Free XP flag and 1/2 cost of Cmdr XP & XP flags.)

If you play T8+, that works out to 38ish battles for the rest of the month before you are making more than buying the items separately. (full price for XP and Cmdr XP flags and 1/3 for Free XP flags)

The missions are repeatable and have no limit besides that they end at the end of the month and you have to win battles. Doesn't say anything about Random battles, so should work in Co-op I expect.

Edit: Got the price wrong for doubloons and fixed all the math.

5 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

The issue I've got with this "PayPal Pack" Promotion is how they're calculating the value. They say that it's $30.00 with a 25% discount. That means that the full value of this pack is $40.00.

2500 Doubloons $12.63

30 Days Premium $12.59

That means the hard cost of items is only $25.22. This means by their math, the 15% discount coupon with access to the battle mission is worth $14.78. Now if the access has no monetary value, that means that they're calculating the value of the coupon is based on a $98.53 Tier VIII ship. Since there's a disclaimer that "*Can't be combined with other discounts or offers",  I take that to mean the normal bundles do not qualify for use of the coupon, you can only buy the bare ship. So unless the Kii is going to be $98.53, which would be much more expensive than the current Tirpitz $54.99 or Atago $47.86, this just doesn't make sense. 

Now if WGNA is calculating the coupon as an added value item and the mission access is worth $14.78, then sell the mission access at that price. There may be people that would rather have a smaller uncapped reward per game than buying the the Rushing down the line pack at $12.99 that only has 100 flags. If someone's got the time to play 200+ games (assuming a 50% win rate)  in Tier VIII or below in the next 22ish days they may think it's worth it. 

As you can see above, the flags work out to 38ish and 77ish battles, until you are making more than the cost of time, doubloons and flags. I didn't factor in the discount for a ship. Buying a ship means you save more and if Kii is coming out and you want it, well...

Personally, my skill caps out at T7 or so, so I won't be buying Kii at this time.

Edit, the flags are on sale too and I used the sale price.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[WOLF5]
Members
440 posts
18,359 battles
29 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

As you can see above, the flags work out to 38ish and 77ish battles, until you are making more than the cost of time, doubloons and flags. I didn't factor in the discount for a ship. Buying a ship means you save more and if Kii is coming out and you want it, well...

Personally, my skill caps out at T7 or so, so I won't be buying Kii at this time.

Edit, the flags are on sale too and I used the sale price.

But you're basing that value on the $4.78 not accounted for, not the $14.78 which is based on their advertised MSRP price of $40.00. 

Also, your number of games also assumes that the player wins all of their games. Since 48% is the median win rate, you need to double those games. 

My argument is that the advertised 25% discount is misleading. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
583 posts
4,592 battles

Any word on how the discount is applied, i.e. tech tree ships or premium?

I thought it was for tech tree, so purchased the pack and went to purchase the Edinburgh and no discount displayed.

[PVE]
Members
9,014 posts
7,315 battles
10 hours ago, h9k_a said:

But you're basing that value on the $4.78 not accounted for, not the $14.78 which is based on their advertised MSRP price of $40.00. 

Also, your number of games also assumes that the player wins all of their games. Since 48% is the median win rate, you need to double those games. 

My argument is that the advertised 25% discount is misleading. 

True, you do have to win the battle, so double the number.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,144 posts
9,231 battles

Sound like we need some official feed back. I think the bonus is in there just hiding in the detailed report. Had such a terrible win rate last night did not get to look for it often. No Idea how the ship discount works if it is for prem or tech tree the game is not giving any feed back on that.