Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
StoptheViolins

COOP Battles Prematurely Ending

15 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles

Did the enemy team reach 0 points? Did your team reach 1000 points? Both will end the game then and there.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,219 posts
30 minutes ago, Lert said:

Did the enemy team reach 0 points? Did your team reach 1000 points? Both will end the game then and there.

Nope,  we in COOP usually go for total AI wipes - one way or another.  That's how we spot PvP players - they usually try to cap out even with 5v2 odds.  COOP folks usually save capping out for 1v1 or worse odds. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
1 minute ago, StoptheViolins said:

Nope,  we in COOP usually go for total AI wipes - one way or another.  That's how we spot PvP players - they usually try to cap out even with 5v2 odds.  COOP folks usually save capping out for 1v1 or worse odds. 

More PvP hate ...

You can reach 1000 points without ever touching the cap, killing red ships also gives points. The red team can reach 0 points without any cap circle being touched either, every time you kill one of their ships, they lose points.

I'd be very curious to the 'personal score' tab of the match results of that battle, where it'll say what actually ended the battle. Chances are it's either the 1000 point or 0 point thing.

• Cool 2

[OTG]
Members
111 posts
6,832 battles

Actually, the screenshot you presented above supports Lert's explanation.  That is what happens when nobody on your team dies and you kill 6 or more of the bots.  The enemy team hit 0 points.

Members
780 posts
6,740 battles

what does the victory screen say? it will tell you how you won or lost...

FhRwPsn.jpg

wjY6jP1.jpg

Edited by Dahdrael
  • Cool 2

[JASH]
Members
21 posts
6,192 battles

Also, you should be able to go the personal score screen and under VICTORY it will show you what conditions were met for the victory.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,219 posts
1 minute ago, Dahdrael said:

what does the victory screen say? it will tell you how you won or lost...

FhRwPsn.jpg

wjY6jP1.jpg

I'm on LIVE now, which also gets the same thing (but I've seen it 8v1 and still end early).  I'll document it more the next time I see it.  Ya'all have some good things to investigate.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
7,354 battles

Seeing as all 8 ships on the green team are still floating, the bots ran out of points due to ships lost, and no points to replace what they lost. It happens all the time. It isn't a bug, nothing is wrong.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
7,354 battles
1 hour ago, StoptheViolins said:

Speak for yourself. I always, every match, try and cap whatever is there to be capped. It builds good habits, and it adds to the economic benefits I get at the conclusion. I finish 1st on the team a good 90% of the time, due to being a total package, instead of just a damage farmer.

• Cool 2

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

I see you are strong with necromancy.

Personally I love matches that end with the enemy hitting 0. Feels good to beat a team that badly, especially when it's your kill that pushes them to 0. 

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
903 posts
6,274 battles

Playing co-op with others on the team who aren't total potatoes often ends in the "mercy rule" being applied. 

[PVE]
Members
5,305 posts
17,730 battles
On 9/7/2017 at 9:12 PM, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Speak for yourself. I always, every match, try and cap whatever is there to be capped. It builds good habits, and it adds to the economic benefits I get at the conclusion. I finish 1st on the team a good 90% of the time, due to being a total package, instead of just a damage farmer.

Yeah the caps pay good xp, it is silly to ignore them in PvE. I played with that early on and you get about as much xp on a cap as you would sinking a ship. 

To the OP, that happens when you don't lose a team mate. When you spank the bots badly without losing a player, that happens. 

Sign in to follow this