You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Conquerer 457's

14 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
1,997 posts
18,455 battles

Has anyone else found these to be the absolute worst tier 10 BB guns? Or am I in a minority? Jeez talk about complete useless garbage guns. Made the mistake of hitting a flat broadside NC with AP at 10KM the results were pretty rage inducing. 7 of 8 hits for no damage aiming for the NC sweet spot. Back to 419's and never looking back.

• Cool 1

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles
1 minute ago, renegadestatuz said:

Use HE with the 457s. Problem solved.

^ This.

419's with HE also work well :cap_rambo:

Beta Testers
214 posts
6,141 battles

Dont bother..sure they say 61% fire chance but that's if you even hit anything. Think I went about 15 games with them and started maybe 4 fires in total. Went back to the 419's and average 7 to 10 fires a game. With these guns shes more like a Mega Lion.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

Are there any ships that have an option between more guns or bigger guns, where they larger, slower guns have an advantage?  ROF/shell output is king.

Edited by crzyhawk

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
20 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Are there any ships that have an option between more guns or bigger guns, where they larger, slower guns have an advantage?  ROF/shell output is king.

I personally like the bigger guns on my GK better than the smaller guns.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
28 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

This is particularly true when you're spamming HE, since it's less about penetration and alpha and more about ROF and maximizing your chances of getting more hits and starting more fires.

Alpha Tester
582 posts
4,200 battles

The 457s on the Conqueror are actually fine. They have roughly the same firestarting potential as the 419s, but significantly lower DPM (worst at T10).

Which is.. fine.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,049 posts
9,289 battles

I am 30k from the Conq but with the Lion I found using HE vs BBs and AP vs cruisers is the way to go with 419s due to the RN AP fuses you get less over pens on the thinner armor. Going to assume the 457s will be the same way.

Beta Testers
494 posts
1,274 battles

Straight up, 4 guns on the bow is not acceptable at tier X. Especially when they aren't even as good as Yamato's 6 gun bow.