You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Your_Bank_Account

Displayed concealment in port and in battle not matching.

13 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
7,464 battles

The game currently seems to not take in to account the -3% camo bonus from paints as part of the concealment level, but only in battle, and it seems to affect all classes. I'm assuming this is a bug related to the smoke changes but have yet to see anyone else bring it up.

Desktop Screenshot 2017.09.07 - 15.14.51.51 (2).png

Desktop Screenshot 2017.09.07 - 15.14.58.20 (2).png

Desktop Screenshot 2017.09.07 - 15.53.16.24 (2).png

• Cool 1

Members
10 posts
7,464 battles
21 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

You have a captain with Concealment researched? If I am reading that right, those are all high point captains.

Both destroyer captains shown are trained for concealment and the ships have the concealment module, the Des Moines is only running the concealment module.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles

camo; has to be, it's the only thing which would ONLY effect 2%.

don't know exactly what it is, but I'd bet it was something to do with camo.

(maybe premium vs type 5?) (when you find out please let me know?)

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
27 minutes ago, Majestic_Waffle said:

Both destroyer captains shown are trained for concealment and the ships have the concealment module, the Des Moines is only running the concealment module.

Hmm, yeah that blows that theory out. Can check when I get home to see if I can duplicate inconsistencies.

Members
4,740 posts
5,464 battles

Actually, it's more than likely a numbers thing. If you look on the WoWs wiki, you'll see that each ship has a concealment value listed out to two decimal points. In game, it's only one. So numbers displayed in game are ultimately going to be slightly less accurate.

If I had to guess, the formula for the port UI display rounds down, whereas the in-match UI display rounds up, or something silly like that. Taking Shimakaze as and example: On the Wiki, her stock concealment is listed as 7.56km.

With camo only, her concealment is 6.5772 (6.6km)

With CE(or concealment module) only, her concealment is 6.804 (6.8km)

With camo and CE(or concealment module) only, her concealment is 6.55998 (6.6km)

With CE and the concealment module only, her concealment is 6.1236 (6.1km)

With camo, CE and the concealment module, her concealment is 5.939892 (5.9km)

These numbers should round up when displayed in any UI, since the UI only goes out to one decimal place. I've placed the rounded numbers(how they should appear in the game UI) in parentheses.

Hmm... actually, looking at the math and what you're numbers are displaying, it looks like the in-match stats may just not be accounting for camouflage. When are you actually getting detected in a match? Is it when you reach the concealment value seen in port, or the value seen in-match?

Members
10 posts
7,464 battles
17 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Actually, it's more than likely a numbers thing. If you look on the WoWs wiki, you'll see that each ship has a concealment value listed out to two decimal points. In game, it's only one. So numbers displayed in game are ultimately going to be slightly less accurate.

If I had to guess, the formula for the port UI display rounds down, whereas the in-match UI display rounds up, or something silly like that. Taking Shimakaze as and example: On the Wiki, her stock concealment is listed as 7.56km.

With camo only, her concealment is 6.5772 (6.6km)

With CE(or concealment module) only, her concealment is 6.804 (6.8km)

With camo and CE(or concealment module) only, her concealment is 6.55998 (6.6km)

With CE and the concealment module only, her concealment is 6.1236 (6.1km)

With camo, CE and the concealment module, her concealment is 5.939892 (5.9km)

These numbers should round up when displayed in any UI, since the UI only goes out to one decimal place. I've placed the rounded numbers(how they should appear in the game UI) in parentheses.

Hmm... actually, looking at the math and what you're numbers are displaying, it looks like the in-match stats may just not be accounting for camouflage. When are you actually getting detected in a match? Is it when you reach the concealment value seen in port, or the value seen in-match?

All ships I've tested are getting detected at the distance displayed by the in battle card/circles, for example 6.1 for Shima instead of what should be 5.9 with her current build.

Edited by Majestic_Waffle

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
1 hour ago, Majestic_Waffle said:

All ships I've tested are getting detected at the distance displayed by the in battle card/circles, for example 6.1 for Shima instead of what should be 5.9 with her current build.

Someone in a match earlier on the PT did say something about his Gearing concealment.

Members
10 posts
7,464 battles
5 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Someone in a match earlier on the PT did say something about his Gearing concealment.

Gearing was the ship that first made me notice, again running full concealment build. 

[JASH]
Members
21 posts
6,199 battles

Aye, most of the DD captains I have been playing along side and against over the course of today have indeed noticed and issue with concealment. Everything for DDs appears to be off by .2km. The original poster did a great job illustrating what we are seeing in port and the difference in game, for example, My Z-52 full concealment build in port 6.1km Detect Range, in game, 6.3km Detect range.

Not sure if is this an issue due to the smoke changes for when we fire inside of smoke.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,493 posts
2,046 battles

I'm going to bump this. It's definitely not taking the camo into account. Minotaur full concealment in port: 8.9km. Marker in game is 9.1, and that's when I get detected. Hopefully gets ironed out before the patch goes live.

• Cool 1