You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zlefin

I'd like to see more interactions with AP

9 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
4,891 battles

One thing I noticed from the ranked battle season, is that there's a shortage of things interacting with AP shells.  Whereas there are plenty of things that interact with HE shells and their fires.

To elaborate: when playing BBs, and Cruisers as well, I was thinking: which signals/other things do I want to put on my ship?  since it was ranked, I want to fully use things which help, rather than my normal accumulating of them.

But many things simply would do nothing;  improved damage control party?  largely unnecessary, shell hits were from ap, dds always stayed hidden, and you rarely got hit with torps unless you were careless, and even then regular repair worked fine since hits were infrequent.  improved repair party?  doesn't really help; AP shells allow a much lower % of their damage to be healed by repair party (especially for cruisers when you get citadel'd by the bbs); so you just don't get any boost from more repairs.  Signals?  there's several signals for buffing fire chance, and for defense vs fires.  But no such signals for ships that are trading AP volleys.  The repair boosting one is similarly useless if the damage you take is all from AP shells.

Captain skills?  several skills interact with fire/he, both offensively and defensively.  There are no such equivalents for AP.  so if that's the situation you're in (both firing and receiving AP shells almost exclusively), there's a lot fewer skills that are even potentially relevant, which greatly reduces the number of possible builds.  There simply weren't choices to make sometimes cuz most optoins simply didn't do anything ever.

Members
2,875 posts
1,365 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

AP just needs premium ammo as a choice . . . . :cap_rambo:

hehehe  . . .

Yeah, Super Charged Hyper Fuse AP rounds, has a 50% chance to cause flooding upon impact and slows the ship down by 25% when it hits.  Only available in Super containers, comes in packs of 1. 

Edited by KnightFandragon

Members
17,763 posts
5,084 battles

Want to see more interactions with AP? Sail broadside to one of my BBs, or CAs at 12km or less. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,515 battles

AP has lots of interactions already with WASD, not sure it needs more than that.

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,561 battles

We need AP shells that do everything an HE shell, a torpedo and a bomb do.

• Cool 1