Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Pulver_2016

Always mount premium consunmables

7 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
511 posts
5,971 battles

Always. If you use DF on your cruisers, use silver to mount the premium. Always.

I almost lost a battle in the Pensacola because of that. It was my and a Tier VII carrier against a Tier VII carrier. I did not have a second charge of DF because I had not mounted premium.  We were way down on points.  

I had two fires going because I couldn't fight off the planes. Luckily, my DC came off cool down--Another non-premium-- in time to stop the second fire with about 2500 HP. I was able to get 8 shells into the red CV before our CV put him down. 

I have not yet needed all of the charges of premium DF, even on CV heavy games in the Cleveland. I have gotten used to the two-minute cool-down. 

Do it now, select the premiums, select silver, enable auto resupply.  

Don't be that guy me. 

Edited by Ensign_Pulver_2016

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,324 posts
14,705 battles
21 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I'd much rather have a premium Spotter Aircraft. Useful, that.

No, not really.

Yeah, spotter not so much.  I do use the premium fighters though on cruisers. 

[SYN]
Members
511 posts
5,971 battles
22 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Agreed. However I don't mount premium spotter planes or fighters.

Neither do I. Once I get into the fur-ball, I don't even think about the fighter. Managing AP, HE, DF, MFCAA, and the WASD hax is enough for me. 

I single task rather well. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,744 posts
7,373 battles
41 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Yeah, spotter not so much.  I do use the premium fighters though on cruisers. 

Even with the cooldown boost of premium, the reload for spotters is absurd.

[SALVO]
Members
16,698 posts
17,308 battles

I always use premium DC parties on pretty much all of my ships tier 4 or 5 and above.  Beyond that, it becomes situational, because it can get costly to blindly fill up every consumable slot with premium consumables. I do ten to favor premium heals and premium smoke.  And on certain DD's, premium speed boost or premium torp reloads.

It would be a LOT more user friendly if premium consumables only cost you credits if you used them in a battle.  Now, admittedly, you're likely to use DC parties and heals no matter what.  But what if you're playing an Atlanta, or some other ship that gets good value from the Defensive Fire consumable, but only when there's a CV in the battle.  It really, really stinks to have to pay 22.5k credits for a premium consumable that's rendered useless by not having any CV's around!!!  

Sign in to follow this