You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
vega315

Elite Status for Tier 10 Ships

8 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
7,209 battles

My tier 10 Shimikazi is a tier 10 ship but, unlike my other tier 10 ships, experience points earned with the Shima seem to be not convertible and the ships is not designated as "elite" I want to convert my Shimakazi experience points but cannot do so. The only possible reason I can see is that I have not elected to change the basic torpedo upgrade which I do not want to do since doing so will decrease my range. All other selectable upgrades have been accomplished. Must I change the torpedo tube configuration to achieve elite status on my Shima???

If not, it would seem unreasonable to have a tier ten ship that cannot convert experience points since there are no more ships in the tiers to go for.

[ANTK]
Members
1,719 posts
3,130 battles

Shima has torps upgrades that need to be researched before it gets Elite same with CVs. That being said you only need to research them if you do not want to buy and equip them then you dont have too and can still get elite.

Members
4 posts
7,209 battles

thanks for the reply. No, I did not know that I had to research these modules and spend money and points to get the elite status even though I do not want to use them. Seems pretty greedy to me.

[PLPTE]
Members
493 posts
6,886 battles

No, you still don't understand.

You can research a module and NOT buy it/equip it.

You need to have everything researched for a ship to be considered Elite.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,375 posts
7,962 battles
2 minutes ago, rickysguy said:

thanks for the reply. No, I did not know that I had to research these modules and spend money and points to get the elite status even though I do not want to use them. Seems pretty greedy to me.

It's exp. you earn over battles, and credits you earn playing the game, that makes them no money, how is that greedy?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,741 posts
7,373 battles
14 minutes ago, rickysguy said:

You don't have to buy a module, or even a ship, that you research. Once it's fully researched, and the next ship is researched, it becomes elite. Premiums and T10's are elite by default, with the exceptions of some T10's that have torpedo or main gun upgrades available. Again, research for elite status, no credits need be expended. :)

[HELLS]
Members
1,688 posts
15,246 battles

I researched Nagato to get elite status for Fuso, (which I got for free in a challenge and ground enough to get everything on it plus enough ship XP to research Nagato) without any intention of buying Nagato short term, At some point I may do so because I have a couple of 10-point IJN captains in reserve, but the IJN is not my main line and never will be. Fuso is a decent T6 BB, which is why I still have it. When I got Minotaur she was elite from the start because there are no mods to be researched. Take the TS chit to the chaplain....