You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorHavoc

Can we calm it with the attitude?

59 comments in this topic

[R-F1]
Members
504 posts
21,562 battles

Every single game this morning has had at least one irate grump in it.  Just a friendly reminder folks, this is a game and some of us are here trying to have fun.  If it is making you upset log off please.  Enjoy your day! 

• Cool 7

[R-F1]
Members
504 posts
21,562 battles

I know it probably won't change much, but if we reallly try, maybe we can change the world!  I myself have been just saying nothing recently when I feel the blood pressure go up.  Unless it's in self defense, then it's usually on.  

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,464 posts
6,644 battles

13 minutes ago, MajorHavoc said:

Every single game this morning has had at least one irate grump in it.  Just a friendly reminder folks, this is a game and some of us are here trying to have fun.  If it is making you upset log off please.  Enjoy your day! 

Sound advice.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,903 posts
12,441 battles

Welcome to the internet. See sig.

[TBW]
Members
6,318 posts
11,866 battles

Let he who has not Yolo'ed, Potato'd or otherwise messed up cast the first stone. Don't feed them is all you can do.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,500 posts
7,354 battles
15 minutes ago, MajorHavoc said:

5 to 8 percent of the playerbase visits this forum.. So, you are pretty much "preachin' to the choir" here... we all pretty much feel that way.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Most of us forumites know the feeling of salty players. We feel ya. 

[HATE]
Members
783 posts
27,037 battles

Myself - just keep on trying to be polite and constructive... Some days are really bad - today I was detonated 3 times in Nelson (out of 8 games), after that it's really hard to watch yolo-marches without comments. But still trying...

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
5 minutes ago, OtterWolf said:

5 to 8 percent of the playerbase visits this forum.. So, you are pretty much "preachin' to the choir" here... we all pretty much feel that way.

Yup I agree Clan-mate.

BUT I have slip into troll mode myself, so I have been trying watch how I say things now in game and in forum

[WOLF9]
Members
3,136 posts

I tend to ignore chat for the most part.  Rarely is there anything important posted past the first suggestion of tactics.  Other than that, it's spamming the F keys, rude A-hats, etc, or... nothing.  Occasionally there will be a "how do you like X ship?" or some joking around, but not that often anymore.

I normally play in Co-op, so it's usually far less toxic than randoms- and we like it that way.  When somebody does get mouthy, they're usually ignored- unless they spout off at the wrong person, or get really annoying- then they get told to shut the heck up, or chat blocked.  Or both.  Plus you don't have to put up with extra-salty hackusations or screaming from the other team because you had the audacity to actually shoot at them,lol. 

But agreed nonetheless- butthurt whiners, or "you aren't playing the way I want you too, and now I'm mad!" types suck.  They really accomplish nothing but making an already irritating situation more irritating.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,136 posts
8 minutes ago, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

Myself - just keep on trying to be polite and constructive... Some days are really bad - today I was detonated 3 times in Nelson (out of 8 games), after that it's really hard to watch yolo-marches without comments. But still trying...

Good grief!  THREE times in one day??  Heck- I'd be a tad salty too!

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yup I agree Clan-mate.

BUT I have slip into troll mode myself, so I have been trying watch how I say things now in game and in forum

I pretty much live in "troll mode." It's just that my "troll mode" is nicer than most people's normal mode.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

Notwithstanding one's thoughts about the thickness of others' skin, there has been an uptick of toxicity in recent matches, especially today for some reason.

Had wannabe "Garbads" in two matches today.  One of them (playing a carrier) targeted me while I was playing a Gearing because I wouldn't aggressively cap one of the Domination zones at the start of the match, even though there were at least four red ships closing (incl two cruisers) and I was the only friendly ship there.  From that point forward for the rest of the match, I was the recipient of a series of insults from him.  I later put five torps into a Tirpitz and sunk it - more insults.  We're clearly about to win the match - coming with yet more insults.  Twice I said shut it and mind his own game but that only encouraged him to continue even further.  I just blocked him and went about my business.

Being a persistent _sshole behind the safety and anonymity of the internet makes some people feel big.  Frankly, I take comfort in that he likely wouldn't be talking if I were standing in front of him.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
Just now, Elegant_Winter said:

I pretty much live in "troll mode." It's just that my "troll mode" is nicer than most people's normal mode.

Well I guess I could call "Real Sailor Mode" I can really throw out the salt if you get me going:Smile_hiding:

[SPTR]
Members
114 posts
4,486 battles
33 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Let he who has not Yolo'ed, Potato'd or otherwise messed up cast the first stone. Don't feed them is all you can do.

Is not a yolo by any other name still a yolo...when it exposes its broadside does it not get citatdelled.

[NSEW]
Members
413 posts
7,896 battles

One does not  partake in such common fracas. However, if fitting. An eye for an eye sir, with a dash of salt for insult.

[TBW]
Members
6,318 posts
11,866 battles
2 minutes ago, Garrcia said:

Is not a yolo by any other name still a yolo...when it exposes its broadside does it not get citatdelled.

Don't you think they feel bad enough for doing it, they really don't need the negative reinforcement on top of how stupid they already feel.

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles
15 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Being a persistent _sshole behind the safety and anonymity of the internet makes some people feel big.  Frankly, I take comfort in that he likely wouldn't be talking if I were standing in front of him.

I am too old to accept that people have a right to be a complete *sshat just because they are on the internet.  You can't complain about the growing lack of integrity, decency, and respect in our general culture if you write off internet trolling (the demeaning kind) as completely harmless.  C.S Lewis said, "Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching."  The same thing could be said about being hidden behind a keyboard these days...

• Cool 3

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles

I honestly wish they had a option to minimize chat all together.

At least that way if you are someone who really does not need instruction on what to do or who to fire on you could just clear that space on the screen altogether.

Chat window gets in my way at least twice a game.

• Cool 1