You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DustRhino

Naval Base and clan expansion

29 comments in this topic

[WAG]
Members
372 posts
7,262 battles

Anyone had a chance to load up PT 0.6.11 and figure out the mechanics of clan expansion? Curious to know what the expansion values are, how much oil they cost, and what the oil drops look like. Would be great to get an idea of how quickly we can expand clans.

[ANTK]
Members
1,719 posts
3,130 battles

I'm in but either they arent letting us create clans or the servers are just down on clan creation.

[FURIA]
Members
35 posts
7,116 battles

What a disappointment I just entered the server of the PT excited to see what the new naval base and trying to enter the clan tab I get this "Web Server Unavailable" So they say you can test the naval base if not really you can do ...

Spoiler

Edited by Fmortera

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,749 battles
3 hours ago, devastator5000 said:

I'm in but either they arent letting us create clans or the servers are just down on clan creation.

I just created a clan but it took a long time to get in to the creation screen and the validation took longer than I would have expected.

Edit: The actual creation is slow too.

[ANTK]
Members
1,719 posts
3,130 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I just created a clan but it took a long time to get in to the creation screen and the validation took longer than I would have expected.

Edit: The actual creation is slow too.

Yeah, I did too. Earlier today the Clan creation was down.

[SOTA]
Members
852 posts
10,986 battles

It will be interesting to see what the real "oil" values will be.  Have it all unlocked now after just a few container collections.  

[OGF]
Members
450 posts
18,555 battles

Okay, started a clan [ZAFOD], got some oil, tried to buy facilities and it froze up.  Now what?  How do I invite players to join?  Or is it easier to join someone else's?  Hate to clog battle chat with questions, but jeez, what the hell are we supposed to do?  Nothing really in the way of instructions, just the usual 'you figure it out.'  Pretty frustrating.

Members
33 posts
6,508 battles

There should be more than a search box for joining a clan.  Maybe clan names with a one line description would help.  I'd like to join a clan.  But I don't know any. Why would any average player?  There needs to be some more meat on this bare bone.

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
485 posts
3,785 battles
1 hour ago, Wingslinger said:

Okay, started a clan [ZAFOD], got some oil, tried to buy facilities and it froze up.  Now what?  How do I invite players to join?  Or is it easier to join someone else's?  Hate to clog battle chat with questions, but jeez, what the hell are we supposed to do?  Nothing really in the way of instructions, just the usual 'you figure it out.'  Pretty frustrating.

Did it take long to get enough oil to try an upgrade? Installing the PT now.

[GZR]
Members
5 posts
2,435 battles

the clan creation was down for me too in the public test, but i'm in a clan in the main gaming.  I haven't gone thru the whole thing yet.

[WOLF5]
Members
438 posts
18,142 battles

Tried it earlier and was able to finally create a clan (took about 3 minutes to just load into the creation page). For the search/create it was probably another 2 minutes. 

First random battle gave me 500,000 oil so I was able to start building fairly quickly, but the interface was SLOOOOOOW (probably another 4 minute load). Once I was in, creating buildings was fairly snappy. but going back in later to create stuff seemed to get slightly better, but it was still at least a minute to get into the clan building area.

It seems that for every container, you get 500,000 oil. There doesn't seem to be any difference on what container you pick. I got the same for try your luck as well as credit containers. 

That being said, none of the 2% bonuses seemed to be active (or at least they didn't show on the summary pages after battle), so maybe they only work in clan battles. 

• Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
372 posts
7,262 battles

Anyone read what the real game oil economy will be like? Trying to guestimate how long it will take my clan to upgrade to 50 spots so we can move people from sub clans to the main clan.

[OGF]
Members
450 posts
18,555 battles

Finally figured it.  Start the clan, start the base, play a battle, open a crate, get 500,000 oil, then back to base.  This was more than enough to buy everything that was available for sale, so I bought it all.  Apparently just had to buy/build five structures, but didn't have anything else readily apparent to use it for, so built everything.  Except the one thing that cost 10 gazillion gallons or whatever.  Game seemed to indicate I had completed everything necessary for the live-server perks.  Kind of fuzzy on the oil crate thing.  Does the first 2000XP of the day get you an oil crate, then you're back to the usual 3 per day schedule with the regular choice of contents?  Wasn't paying close enough attention.  Was just trying different things to see what worked.  Is there going to be the usual Test Part II for this update as well?  If so, when?

[TASC]
Members
134 posts
5,568 battles

i was able to do all the buildings and the bonuses did show up in games. 

i like how this is going to work. the economic  benefits to build and repair but nothing in game that lets you do more damage. 

questions:

1) does each crate any clan member gets count to the oil? 

2) is oil in place of the things that would be in a crate?

3) how much oil to a crate? i know the test server economy is not what is on the live server. 

4) will there be a construction time on the buildings?

will there be delays and cost overruns?

[WAG]
Members
372 posts
7,262 battles
On 9/10/2017 at 11:01 AM, rutilius83 said:

i was able to do all the buildings and the bonuses did show up in games. 

i like how this is going to work. the economic  benefits to build and repair but nothing in game that lets you do more damage. 

questions:

1) does each crate any clan member gets count to the oil? 

2) is oil in place of the things that would be in a crate?

3) how much oil to a crate? i know the test server economy is not what is on the live server. 

4) will there be a construction time on the buildings?

will there be delays and cost overruns?

From what I have read and my experience:

1. I think this is what the patch notes suggest.

2. I would assume so :-(

3. Big Question!

4. I hope not.

Looking forward to finding out for sure when the patch hits the live servers.

[PVE]
Members
5,305 posts
17,730 battles

What advantage is there to having a base? Is it worthwhile to create a clan of one player to get those advantages? How about a clan of solo players who really don't care about clan stuff but just want the perks of a clan?

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles

Benefits of a Base/Clan will keep my interest in staying with this game.

[-AA-]
Beta Testers
297 posts
2,039 battles

I did the clan thing in the on test server it was ok . to start a clan you will need oil and you get oil from the container boxes