Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bronco

Increased XP earned while in melee range

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

108
[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,800 battles

Another suggestion to encourage more active play. I suggested this on my other suggestion thread to encourage more mobile game play. The intent of this suggestion is to encourage players to close the distance with the enemy. I suggest an XP multiplier which increase based on the number of enemies within range when damage is inflicted. In short, the closer you get to the enemy, the XP you earn while inflicting damage is increased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,800 battles

Really? When was it implemented? Did it have the intended effect when it was implemented?

 

If this is true, perhaps WG should make this bonus more visible in the detailed reports to further encourage active play. I wasn't aware this mechanic was already in play. Good to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,292
[HINON]
Members
8,834 posts

No this would only encourage yolo play. Die, rinse and repeat. You do get more XP though when closer because you are more likely to hit more shots as dispersion is less of a factor. It's also possible you get some spotting xp and possibly more damage tanked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,323
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,483 posts
6,657 battles

melee range? I have already asked that Captains be issued with swords, so that when we get up close, swashbuckling action becomes a possibility/ Boarding action :Smile_izmena:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,800 battles
6 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

melee range? I have already asked that Captains be issued with swords, so that when we get up close, swashbuckling action becomes a possibility/ Boarding action :Smile_izmena:

 

Board then steal other people's ships. Come on WG, make it happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,708
[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
22 minutes ago, Bronco said:

 

Board then steal other people's ships. Come on WG, make it happen. 

Maybe a Talk Like a Pirate Day event? :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,800 battles
14 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Maybe a Talk Like a Pirate Day event? :Smile_hiding:

 

WG, get 'er done! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
110
[GLF]
Members
767 posts
9,018 battles
2 hours ago, Doomlock said:

Maybe a Talk Like a Pirate Day event? :Smile_hiding:

This could technically be pseudo implemented by turning off ramming explosions, and treating it like team ramming works.  Just two ships grinding together losing small amounts of HP until one is depleted.   You could argue its a melee taking place.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SYN]
Members
504 posts
5,962 battles
3 hours ago, Bronco said:

Another suggestion to encourage more active play. I suggested this on my other suggestion thread to encourage more mobile game play. The intent of this suggestion is to encourage players to close the distance with the enemy. I suggest an XP multiplier which increase based on the number of enemies within range when damage is inflicted. In short, the closer you get to the enemy, the XP you earn while inflicting damage is increased.

Doesn't potential damage do that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

They should absolutely institute a mechanic where you get more points for hits scored at closer ranges, perhaps even a penalty if firing at extreme range.

 

-50% if at 85-100% of your max range

+50% if between 20-50% of max range

+100% if under 20% of max range

 

Another idea is to similarly affect damage.

shells fired at 85-100% of max range do less damage and have lower chances of fire/citadels

 

Need to do something to get those BBs off the edge of the map, they play as if they need to pay for repairs (that got taken out long ago).

Edited by FleetAdmiral_Assassin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,352
[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

Doesn't potential damage do that? 

 

Potential Damage is the total amount of damage you would have suffered if literally every single round fired at you during the entire match hit you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,800 battles
7 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

They should absolutely institute a mechanic where you get more points for hits scored at closer ranges, perhaps even a penalty if firing at extreme range.

 

-50% if at 85-100% of your max range

+50% if between 20-50% of max range

+100% if under 20% of max range

 

Another idea is to similarly affect damage.

shells fired at 85-100% of max range do less damage and have lower chances of fire/citadels

 

Need to do something to get those BBs off the edge of the map, they play as if they need to pay for repairs (that got taken out long ago).

 

Come to think of it, I seem to recall someone suggesting something similar to this a year ago. I figured that increasing XP for close range combat would not impact the current balance of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,352
[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

Thought it already exists where you earn more XP and credits with close ranged fights than with long ranged ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SYN]
Members
504 posts
5,962 battles
14 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

 

Potential Damage is the total amount of damage you would have suffered if literally every single round fired at you during the entire match hit you.

 

And if I am in melee range, I think that number will go up. I know that my Priority target gets above 5 there are a lot of (1) splashes to sail through, or (2) fires and holes and water around the case mates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
253 posts
5,779 battles
2 hours ago, AraAragami said:

drive-me-closer-so-ican-hit-them-with-my

Wargaming's next Collab?

Special Captain:

  • Imperial Commissar

Special Skills:

  • Sail Me Closer! : -25% to secondary battery reload time on receiving Close Quarters Expert
  • Hit Them With My Sword! : +50% HP restored on receiving Die Hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×