Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

Smoke changes, Think on this for a second.

7 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
6,318 posts
11,866 battles

Does the new smoke mechanics work both ways? If I am not firing in smoke and there are no spotters, when a ship outside the smoke fires, will I then see it if it is in the same ranges as when shooting from within smoke? If this is so then this is a true buff to dd's as long as (certain) ships are firing, spotters will not be necessary when in smoke, or does the mechanic only work for seeing into the smoke.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I don't think so. You still can't see out of smoke, as far as I can tell, without some element of spotting.

[USCC2]
Members
3,419 posts

I believe everything stays as is, if you are outside of the smoke.

If inside, then instead of being seen when ships got within tbe mandatory 2km range, it will now be the new ranges. Apologies if I've misread your post/question.

[TBW]
Members
6,318 posts
11,866 battles
2 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

dunno but PT is up today so you could test this and let us know.

M

yup 45 minutes and counting.

[WYRN]
Beta Testers
104 posts
8,585 battles

Actually I think that he has a valid point.  The reason that you are able to spot the ship in the smoke is because of the blast from his guns being seen.  Why not both ways?

Members
2,393 posts
5,421 battles

Smoke Mechanics Changes

Firing from inside the smoke now results in ship-to-ship detection range increase (this type of firing did not influence detection before, and the firing ship stayed permanently concealed). The exact value is calculated for each ship based on its concealment and caliber. Average range is 2.5 km for destroyers, 5.9 km for cruisers and 13,6 km for battleships. Effect duration is 20 seconds. This change should make smokes firing tactics less viable for those ships that were not intended for such tactics gameplay-wise: BBs and most cruisers. Additionally, there is more reward for active play and the risk of rushing into enemy smoke.

Ship-to-ship detection for smoke firing now applies not only for the ship in smoke, but also if there is a smoke cloud on LOS between the shooter and the target. That will allow to exclude a highly illogical situation when hiding behind smokes gives better concealment than hiding inside smokes. Ship-to-ship detection for smoke firing is calculated for each hull, based on caliber and base concealment, it is not influenced by any skills or upgrades. It does not replace guaranteed detection and still requires LOS (smokes excluded for this check). The exact value for each ship can be found in Port specs. Similar to current main gun firing penalty, the effect lasts for 20 seconds only if the ship was detected as a result of firing.

Source: https://thedailybounce.net/2017/08/18/world-of-warships-supertest-smoke-mechanics-changes/

DATA Concealment values: https://thedailybounce.net/2017/08/18/world-of-warships-supertest-ifhe-changes-smoke-firing-detection-range-values/

Edited by dionkraft
add info

Sign in to follow this