You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SocksRevenge

Perplexing....

10 comments in this topic

[D_DOG]
[D_DOG]
Members
128 posts
8,036 battles

Ok - so probably had my best damage game in my Benson.  Fired torps at a Montana from 6.5km away (my detection is 5.8 so they were stealth) - figured I had a reasonable chance of getting a couple of hits and was very pleased to have 6 hits!  What surprised me though is that he allowed himself to flood to death!  It was at the beginning of the match - I got first blood from the kill - but what I don't understand is why a T10 ship would allow himself to flood out?  My torps did 59k in damage, and I then did 46k in flooding - why allow that?  Personally, I'd hate to lose that many credits not to mention causing my team to lose 1 of its 2 T10 BB's.... 

screen shot.png

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,956 battles

You sure someone already hadn't lit a fire on him and he used DC?

• Cool 1

[D_DOG]
[D_DOG]
Members
128 posts
8,036 battles

Pretty sure - if so, then I would think that his DC would have recharged by the time it took to do all that flooding?  I did a total of 106k damage to him between the torps and flooding.  And I don't think anyone else could see him because of the islands - he was not spotted when he sunk.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
7 minutes ago, SocksRevenge said:

Pretty sure - if so, then I would think that his DC would have recharged by the time it took to do all that flooding?  I did a total of 106k damage to him between the torps and flooding.  And I don't think anyone else could see him because of the islands - he was not spotted when he sunk.

It would only take about 70 seconds to do that amount of flooding damage on a Montana.  Cooldown is 120 seconds, I believe.

Edited by AspiringCodger

[SIMP]
Members
818 posts
8,232 battles
26 minutes ago, SocksRevenge said:

Ok - so probably had my best damage game in my Benson.  Fired torps at a Montana from 6.5km away (my detection is 5.8 so they were stealth) - figured I had a reasonable chance of getting a couple of hits and was very pleased to have 6 hits!  What surprised me though is that he allowed himself to flood to death!  It was at the beginning of the match - I got first blood from the kill - but what I don't understand is why a T10 ship would allow himself to flood out?  My torps did 59k in damage, and I then did 46k in flooding - why allow that?  Personally, I'd hate to lose that many credits not to mention causing my team to lose 1 of its 2 T10 BB's.... 

screen shot.png

Easy, he was pissed off at getting torped and let himself die.

Edited by _cthulhu_

[TBW]
Members
6,344 posts
11,892 battles

Maybe he just wasn't programmed to repair, in other words a bot. I am not bot crazed, it's just a thought.

[SF-A]
Members
2,849 posts
5,548 battles

He could have gotten disconnected, or was trying to farm the damage for an "Unsinkable". For example, I regularly let a flood go in my Edin because I will heal it back quickly.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,344 posts
11,892 battles
3 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

He could have gotten disconnected, or was trying to farm the damage for an "Unsinkable". For example, I regularly let a flood go in my Edin because I will heal it back quickly.

So that's why I never get unsinkable medals. I repair them too fast. This is good info thanks.

• Cool 1

[D_DOG]
[D_DOG]
Members
128 posts
8,036 battles
10 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

It would only take about 70 seconds to do that amount of flooding damage on a Montana.  Cooldown is 120 seconds, I believe.

Ok - that makes sense, someone else may have gotten a shot off at him and set him on fire - he then used his DC too quick.  Or as Soverigndawg said - maybe he was a bot - he didn't appear to turn at all - or got disconnected from the game.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,699 posts
3,459 battles

Fires are easy to farm Fire Proof off of if you just use your Repair Party while burning. It also help save your DCPs.

I find it better than using it after the fire is out in terms of both survival and cool down management. I believe players get too afraid of fires and cram DCP instead of RP. When you're actively mitigating the damage of 1 or 2 fires it makes them feel a lot less scary and enables you to make more reasoned choices.