Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pacific_Cruiser1942

Guess I should introduce self

18 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,632 battles

I have been busy on the forum for a couple of weeks now and I guess it's time for me to formally introduce myself.

I started playing WoWs last May.  This is actually my first foray into multiple-player gaming.  I'm an old "Civilization"-type player (I've played just about all of Sid Meier's games) and have played for many years a game that's been around for many, many years:  Task Force 1942 - which was all about the contest between Halsey's Fleet and the Japanese in and around Guadalcanal.  That is/was a pretty realistic game for it's day - both in playability and graphics.  It was originally made before the advent of "Windows".

Anyway, I, too, am a veteran (U.S. Air Force), and am a student of the US Civil War and WWI/WW2.  That is, I love reading about them and studied history in college long ago.

I live in Florida in the winter and in British Columbia, Canada in the summer.

If you check out my stats, you'll notice that I have been mostly a CA driver, but also enjoy BBs and IJN DDs.  Haven't taken to CVs yet, but I'll try one eventually.

I am a BIG proponent of team play and try to organize such in every game I enter, but am not very successful in the matter.  I am interested in joining a clan sometime down the road, but I want to be worthy of such an honor.  At the moment, I am STILL a LOUSY ship's captain.  I make FAR too many mistakes and have a very hard time staying alive in the scenarios - although I AM making some improvement, albeit slowly.

I have been reading about how a lot of players have become disillusioned about the game (some even threaten to leave if they don't get their ways, etc.).  That's unfortunate and it's a shame that some people take the GAME so personal and serious.  That's "where I'm coming from", so expect that from me both here in the forum and in the game.

BTW, what is the significance of the ranks attributed to us in this forum (I am a Seaman Recruit?) and how does one go up in rank; and how does one get that cool stats graphic that so many of you have below your discussions?

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles

Welcome to the forum!!

Well, to answer your questions about the ranks, you get those based upon your post count so, one mystery solved, my work here is done.

Have fun out there upon the electronic seas!! :Smile_playing:

Oh yes, I remember TF 1942.  Never did figure out how to win the opening scenario.  I just seemed like half your force exploderated as soon as the Japanese showed up no matter what you did.  But you;re right, when I first found WOWS it really reminded me of that game.

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

[KNMSU]
Members
1,431 posts
814 battles

The stat graphic comes from here. Search your username, and find the stat pic. Put the link into your sig in the settings page of your profile. GL and 07

Edited by _Maho_Nishizumi_212

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for your service.

For info on how many posts you need to go up in rank, check out this thread: 

To get an image of your stats to appear with a post, go to your profile on Warships.Today for the NA server. Scroll down slightly and there should be an image link under a 'Generate Signature' heading. Copy that link.

Back on the forums, click on your username and go to your account settings:

vHVn8nu.png

Then click on the 'Signature' button and paste the link you copied earlier into the text box. The image should automatically appear, and then you can save changes.

Alternatively, you can try wows-numbers.com for a different stats signature.

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
1,431 posts
814 battles
12 minutes ago, Panbun said:

To get an image of your stats to appear with a post, go to your profile on Warships.Today for the NA server. Scroll down slightly and there should be an image link under a 'Generate Signature' heading. Copy that link.

vHVn8nu.png

Then click on the 'Signature' button and paste the link you copied earlier into the text box. The image should automatically appear, and then you can save changes.

*sigh* You are WAY better at explaining this than I am... +1 m8

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Hello and welcome to the forums! 

Thank you for your service! :Smile_honoring:

All the questions have been answered above so that's all good.

17 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

*sigh* You are WAY better at explaining this than I am... +1 m8

Panbun has been around for quite a while, even longer than me, so that explains it.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles

Hey welcome to the forums. Seems like people beat me to answering your questions. 

Here are your stat sig, just copy/paste into your signature

Spoiler

dark.png

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Welcome aboard Shipmate:Smile_Default:

Ex-USN here, thank you for your service.:Smile_honoring:

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,525 posts
903 battles

TF 1942 was my favorite ship sim until this game came out...

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,632 battles
11 hours ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

The stat graphic comes from here. Search your username, and find the stat pic. Put the link into your sig in the settings page of your profile. GL and 07

Thanks, Maho!

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,632 battles
11 hours ago, Panbun said:

vHVn8nu.png

Thanks, Panbun!  Much appreciated!

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,632 battles
9 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Hey welcome to the forums. Seems like people beat me to answering your questions. 

Hide contents

dark.png

... and, finally, thank YOU, sir!  You have ALL been most helpful.  I am very appreciative!

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,632 battles
14 hours ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Welcome to the forum!!

Well, to answer your questions about the ranks, you get those based upon your post count so, one mystery solved, my work here is done.

Have fun out there upon the electronic seas!! :Smile_playing:

Oh yes, I remember TF 1942.  Never did figure out how to win the opening scenario.  I just seemed like half your force exploderated as soon as the Japanese showed up no matter what you did.  But you;re right, when I first found WOWS it really reminded me of that game.

Would you believe that the best way I found to beat the scenario was to make an opening salvo at the Japanese and then do a general retreat toward the support fleet?  I found grouping all the capital ships in the same vicinity created one heck of a defense and my DDs were then able to chase most of them away.  Didn't save many DDs, but I saved a lot of the CAs/CLs.

Fun game, but I preferred to stick to the campaigns mostly.  Cheated with the IJN:  I went around to the north with the initial fleet and attacked from the rear.  Was able to torpedo all of the supply ships and support before the CAs could find me.

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,632 battles
10 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Reveal hidden contents

dark.png

Heh, heh ... think I'll wait until my stats don't look so red before I start posting them in my signature area.  :Smile_hiding:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles
21 minutes ago, Pacific_Cruiser1942 said:

Heh, heh ... think I'll wait until my stats don't look so red before I start posting them in my signature area.  :Smile_hiding:

Looking at the red in my signature was motivation for me to improve my averages lol. 

Sign in to follow this