You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HyenaHiena

CV isnt a suport ship

23 comments in this topic

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

I get a battle here with an crying BBybie (of course in a yamato) daying alone in a B cap because he charge vs 4 ships and crying "bububu the cv dont suport me :( )

Stop think cvs is your babysitter.

CVs are strike ships, and can help > A BIT < spoting and killing planes.

But they dont teleport the fighters to you.

They dont have infinite ammo.

They cant fly over AA ships to spot to you.

Cvs isnt suport ships.

Go play with a cruiser in your division if you want AA.

Danm bbs.

• Cool 2

[USCC2]
Members
3,432 posts

Strictly speaking, it's a team game and we are all there to support each other.

However, I totally agree that although someone may request or suggest a course of action, I would not listen to anyone 'demanding' I do something. For me it is simple, if someone expects something from a particular ship, then they can captain that ship themselves in the next game and play it how they believe it should be played.

[TASH]
Members
4,995 posts
7,918 battles

I was watching that game.  Funny, he called his Midway a horrible CV driver when he was Rank 1 and had almost twice that guy's WTR...

• Cool 1

[TASH]
Members
4,995 posts
7,918 battles

I was watching that game.  Funny, he called his Midway a horrible CV driver when he was Rank 1 and had almost twice that guy's WTR.  Said Midway also actually intercepted two waves of planes aimed at the complainer.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[-K-]
Beta Testers
1,791 posts
7,782 battles
4 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Strictly speaking, it's a team game and we are all there to support each other.

However, I totally agree that although someone may request or suggest a course of action, I would not listen to anyone 'demanding' I do something. For me it is simple, if someone expects something from a particular ship, then they can captain that ship themselves in the next game and play it how they believe it should be played.

Haha that's good one. Tbh, I get best result in terms of WR and Damage when I play most selfish. I radar for myself to get DD kill. I spot DDs with fighters to ensure kill for myself. I pop up smoke for my damage and survival. I pop of DF for my own safety.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles
5 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

I get a battle here with an crying BBybie (of course in a yamato) daying alone in a B cap because he charge vs 4 ships and crying "bububu the cv dont suport me :( )

Stop think cvs is your babysitter.

CVs are strike ships, and can help > A BIT < spoting and killing planes.

But they dont teleport the fighters to you.

They dont have infinite ammo.

They cant fly over AA ships to spot to you.

Cvs isnt suport ships.

Go play with a cruiser in your division if you want AA.

Danm bbs.

Here's a prime example of why CV players are hated.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,322 posts
14,695 battles

I had to take a break from CVs lately.  Had a game where a BB started with the "why aren't you doing anything...  Our CV is horrible" tirade about 5 minutes into the match and it just escalated to non ending dribble when his Missouri finally got sunk.  Funny part is when it started I was the only one on the team with a kill and had already shot down over a dozen planes.

Just a side note, that kind of behavior does not make you the highest priority to defend.  Just call me human that way.

Edited by Warped_1

[USCC2]
Members
3,432 posts
14 minutes ago, Treediagram said:

Haha that's good one. Tbh, I get best result in terms of WR and Damage when I play most selfish. I radar for myself to get DD kill. I spot DDs with fighters to ensure kill for myself. I pop up smoke for my damage and survival. I pop of DF for my own safety.

Totally agree. When I play for me, I usually come at the top of my teams scores; if I smoke and spot and play support I will come somewhere at the bottom. Win or lose.

However, got to say that if we play as a team I find we win far more.

[USCC2]
Members
3,432 posts
23 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Because they don't do as they're told and can't provide air cover for every player that demands it? :Smile_amazed:

If people wanted to hate me for that, I don't think I'd lose any sleep over it. 

I don't agree with the BBaby label, every class has its good and bad players and labelling a group like that does nothing to help discussion. But put that aside and it does seem the BB player expected personal attention.

Beta Testers
187 posts
4,411 battles

No sir, CV is a MULTI-capable ship able to SUPPORT your team by providing Air dominance, AND STRIKE. 
It's basically the same as saying "I only play DD"s to torp people."
or saying "I only play BB's to snipe"
You're playing the class wrong if that's what you exclusively do.

• Cool 3

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,571 battles
5 hours ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

I was watching that game.  Funny, he called his Midway a horrible CV driver when he was Rank 1 and had almost twice that guy's WTR.  Said Midway also actually intercepted two waves of planes aimed at the complainer.

Pretty much sums up cvs and why clueless players hate them.

• Cool 2

[SF-A]
Members
2,849 posts
5,548 battles

Well, people expect help from everybody, and honestly it's hard in a CV. Maybe someone like iChase or Flamu is good enough to strike effectively and scout/defend effectively, but your average Joe can't.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,073 battles

Really?  CVs are the most dominate class of ships in the game.  First priority should always be air dominance, then strike.  Just had a game, our CV trying to take planes around edge of map to strike red CV, almost no fighter cover, other CV intercepts, shoots down 45 planes, our CV reduced to almost nothing, the red CV starts striking, we had a 3 ship lead, but red CV starting targeting BBs - we lost the game.  At the end our CV had shot down one plane, the red CV almost had full load left.  Had many a game lost because red CV kept fighters over caps, and could not cap without getting spotted.  Air dominance wins battles

• Cool 1

Members
2,210 posts
4,051 battles

How dare a BB tell you that you're under utilizing your aircraft's potential.

yWlfniH.jpg

They are not always right but if you just dismiss it, than you are doing it wrong. You would be surprised how well a pushing BB can do with a little support/spotting.

• Cool 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles
6 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

Becase they dont babysitter you. OH HATE CVS FOR THAT.

Play with cv sometime is like take care of 11 childrens cryings for you do everthing, SPOT, KILL ENEMY FIGHTERS, KILL HIS DDS, EVERTHING AT SAME TIME, oh god.

People need start play in TEAM not be dependend from one ship.

• Cool 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles
5 hours ago, Battleship_Yamashiro said:

No sir, CV is a MULTI-capable ship able to SUPPORT your team by providing Air dominance, AND STRIKE. 
It's basically the same as saying "I only play DD"s to torp people."
or saying "I only play BB's to snipe"
You're playing the class wrong if that's what you exclusively do.

I totaly agreed, i just hate people crying "oh cvs is only a support ship, you dont suport me, u're a bad cv... > a yamato, vs another 4 ships include a minotaur with aa explodind from his a*s < ".

You can and need try provide support to your team, but like i say, your fighters are imortal, they need ammo to kill enemy planes, you need reload sometimes, people think fighters teleport too and sail alone without a suport from a cruisers and all blame goes to cv.

[TASH]
Members
4,995 posts
7,918 battles
36 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

How dare a BB tell you that you're under utilizing your aircraft's potential.

They are not always right but if you just dismiss it, than you are doing it wrong. You would be surprised how well a pushing BB can do with a little support/spotting.

Except that Yamato was rushing a smoked-up Minotaur, two Gearings, and a Hindenburg.  Aircraft spotting wouldn't have done jack as they were in smoke.

Members
2,210 posts
4,051 battles

That's a one time issue that doesn't change the fact that a cv is both the best spotter and best strike ships in the game. That makes them a support ship. If you outright dismiss a call for aid, requests for spotting or any other suggestions because "I know my ship" you are the problem. 

Of course not every request is valid or even something you are capable of doing, a request for air cover in a strike Lexington for example. However it is beyond arrogant to believe only you know best what is the best course of action. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,840 posts
4,224 battles
9 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

Here's a prime example of why BBabies are hated.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles

Survey says:  X

Try again, I dislike battleship play.  I'm a cruiser main, and I do just fine against CVs.  I just dislike selfish CV players who use their team as a meat shield while they damage farm.

[AN]
Members
5 posts
2,073 battles

I wish there was a realistic gamemode where people would work together as a Ffffing team for once so maybe the carriers maybe have some fun for once instead of being the ugly duckling of the team getting picked on because their bb got shot because they went off on their own for some god forsaken reason!!