Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ajatcho

IFHE not nerf?

13 comments in this topic

Members
940 posts
4,083 battles

Inertia Fuse for HE Shells

We changed the rate of this Skill to increase its value for ships with small-caliber guns. Now Ships with armament up to 139mm will have -1% to the chance of being set on fire, and ships with gun calibers higher than 139mm will have a -3% chance, as it originally was.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt0611/

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,734 posts
2,010 battles

Lemme guess....you haven't followed that topic closely on these forums...

• Cool 2

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
9 minutes ago, Hurlbut said:

Lemme guess....you haven't followed that topic closely on these forums...

lol

Incoherent gratuitous rants are always amusing.

["Where's mah free stuff???"]

[TF16B]
Members
8,043 posts
16,978 battles

Well; that does read rather awkwardly...

Shouldn't it be -1%  and -3% to START a fire, instead of to BEING SET on fire?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[WAG]
Beta Testers
673 posts
5,400 battles

i still think the CL/CA/BB nerf should of been a -4 or -5% chance, but like the -1% for DD's.

(looking at you belfast/kutzov...)

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
23 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Well; that does read rather awkwardly...

Shouldn't it be -1%  and -3% to START a fire, instead of to BEING SET on fire?

It should. Don't know why it says it that way.

Members
208 posts
2,684 battles
25 minutes ago, GX9900A said:

i still think the CL/CA/BB nerf should of been a -4 or -5% chance, but like the -1% for DD's.

(looking at you belfast/kutzov...)

The problem with using global nerfs is that ships don't all have the same level of fire chance.  5% would be a bit high for some of the cruisers that rely on a combination of setting fires as well as raw damage and only a minor set back for others.  Just going off T6 light cruisers fire chance ranges from 7% to 12% a flat decrease would hit some of those lower end ships really hard despite them not being over-performing in the slightest. The devs have to balance this skill against EVERY ship in the game not just 2 or 3.

(Unfortunately warships.today is apparently down or I would be able do double check and provide proof.)

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

I wouldn't mind if IFHE was nerfed though. An indirect nerf to Belfast would've been nice. Don't want that ship being removed from the shop permanently and then becoming another rare collector's item.

Alpha Tester
579 posts
4,196 battles
46 minutes ago, biggie1447 said:

The problem with using global nerfs is that ships don't all have the same level of fire chance.  5% would be a bit high for some of the cruisers that rely on a combination of setting fires as well as raw damage and only a minor set back for others.  Just going off T6 light cruisers fire chance ranges from 7% to 12% a flat decrease would hit some of those lower end ships really hard despite them not being over-performing in the slightest. The devs have to balance this skill against EVERY ship in the game not just 2 or 3.

(Unfortunately warships.today is apparently down or I would be able do double check and provide proof.)

Doesn't really matter since IFHE is already a highly specific skill. For instance at T6 basically the only thing that you're taking IFHE for is penetrating T8 battleships. At your own tier the only 32mm armor is the center portion of the deck on the Bayern- and it's a skill that you'd drop from the Pensacola onward.

The number of ships where IFHE is actually useful is so small that the scaling of the fire chance reduction doesn't matter. This is essentially just a buff to the Akizuki and Harekaze B hull (and anyone that takes IFHE for German BB secondaries?).

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,017 posts
11,538 battles
6 hours ago, Wolcott said:

I wouldn't mind if IFHE was nerfed though. An indirect nerf to Belfast would've been nice. Don't want that ship being removed from the shop permanently and then becoming another rare collector's item.

I don't really want to hear about Belfast while Kaga is out there.

Members
208 posts
2,684 battles
On 9/7/2017 at 0:30 AM, vonluckner said:

Doesn't really matter since IFHE is already a highly specific skill. For instance at T6 basically the only thing that you're taking IFHE for is penetrating T8 battleships. At your own tier the only 32mm armor is the center portion of the deck on the Bayern- and it's a skill that you'd drop from the Pensacola onward.

Very true but a significant portion of games played in a T6 now contain T8 battleships so it doesn't really lose any value at this tier. Personally I kept my Cleveland captain on the Cleve and trained a new captain for T7 and up anyway when I decided to not sell her.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

After the RN BBs, I feel like all the other BBs are running back to their CL buddies and saying, "Please, set me on fire, it was Our Thing!  We'll always have that Witherer!"

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,740 posts
6,702 battles

I think making the chance -5% for guns over 139 mm would have been a good change. -8% is too punishing though.

But anyways, right now it looks like IFHE is getting buffed for small-caliber guns, and that's it. 

Sign in to follow this