You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Poll: Which areas should WG look at adjusting for British Battleships

Which areas should WG look at adjusting for British Battleships  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which areas should WG look at adjusting for British Battleships

• Heals
    • Sigma
    • Dispersion
    • Vertical dispersion
    • Shell drag
    • Concealment
    • Tier 7+ underwater Citadels
    • Fire chance
    • HE damage
    • Nothing yet

27 comments in this topic

[FDK]
Members
1,070 posts
6,018 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I'm not certain any of them need nerfing yet except for the heal on the ships with underwater citadels.

You forgot the "Slightly raise their citadel"

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,097 posts
8,738 battles

I selected fire chance because BB fire chance was already rather high and RN HE effectively has inertial fuses making it more effective against heavily armored targets. I don't feel the RN needed two buffs for their national flavor.

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
913 posts
17,887 battles

I am starting 10-15 fires every battle in these BB's.  To me, that seems a bit much, but hey if it's what people want, I won't complain.  But it sure sucks when you are in any other BB.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
7,354 battles

They're fine as they are. Remember, they literally just came out, their overall statistics will change and drop to the average soon enough, both as the super hot players move on, and as people learn to mitigate what they do best.

Much ado about nothing, moving along to go play some RN BB's. :3

Members
497 posts
2,803 battles

Raise the citadels, remove the super heal (9, 10) and adjust the tier 9 and 10 AA replacing about half of their current Bofor with oerlikon so they can actually be torpedoed by carriers.

• Cool 1

[FG]
Members
398 posts
3,709 battles

To my knowledge the RN HE shells have the best fire chance, the best alpha damage for their gun size, the equal best penetration and the largest explosive radius. Combine this with very accurate guns and you can see their is a firepower issue. 

Imo 2 of these 4 must be nerfed, with fire chance being one of them. Only 3 ships in the line have sub-40% fire chance. The Conq has 48% fire chance with 12 guns....

And that is just their HE firepower. Not even talking about their AA, concealment, mobility, AP fuses, accuracy and the magic heal the Lion and Conq get. 

[NG-NL]
Members
4,948 posts
8,094 battles

They're fine as is (only up to Orion atm) and their long reload means they can only bother one player at a time, and even the super heal at T9-10 only buys them about 20 more seconds' life under focusfire.

WG needn't make any changes. Any new ship line causes a major unsettling in the meta anyway. Better to make the impact sharper and ignore the players that cry about facing something that feels OP.

Besides, they only have a problem because they don't want to adapt. Tough, no time machine, and it's not your game. Your choices are simply torture yourself more with that ego, ragequit, or adapt. I'm going to adapt because that's what good players do.

[HELLS]
Members
1,683 posts
15,121 battles

Reduce fire chance by 3%, reduce dispersion, improve sigma slightly, and giving them a range increase of about 400 metres would keep me happy, as I drive these ships as my primary line. Other than my premiums, every other ship in my port may end up getting the axe. Leave the armored citadel alone, they are weak in side armor for the whole line, have a lower health pool at each tier above T5, plus these ships are kindling wood as it is, even with the heal (God knows they need it!).

[SYN]
Members
14,344 posts
10,204 battles

Only the QE doesn't have totally broken HE.

QE has 35% fire chance, where as all the other RNBB have >40%

Members
1,743 posts
7,931 battles

I'm impressed by all the Nothing Yet votes but I do think at a minimum the Conqueror's heal is way too strong. With full heals that would be over 240k health. I know there have been a ton of posts about fires but I'm still surprised at all the Fire Chance votes. Again the top couple of Tiers seem a little high but I'm not so sure about the rest due to the premature detonation AP.

Edited by CaptainTeddybear
Dont do math when you should be sleeping

[ARRSE]
Members
24 posts
1,007 battles

IMHO, WG should quit the gimmickry altogether and just make the RN ships "normal" for their class.

The primary role of BBs should be to brawl other BBs; for that they need good armour and good AP. Currently, the RN BBs play like soft heavy cruisers somehow reskinned as BBs. People probably come to the game expecting the likes of Hood, Nelson, KGV to be supreme gun ships, not the down-tiered hybrid fantasies presented.

Same goes for the RN cruisers; these are supposed to be the most flexible, free ranging and multi-role ships in the fleet. In this game, they have the most stupid and contrived gameplay niche imaginable.

Edited by Turbogerbil

[OO7]
Beta Testers
621 posts
6,960 battles

Because none of my choices are represented.

1. Nerf the HE pen to the normal 1/6th value

2. Make it so that the citadels are represented by the space that is the engine rooms and main battery magazines. Should result in a ever so slightly above water citadel for KGV and up, but not to the extent of Nelson or old Iowa/Montana

3. Remove the 419mm guns from Lion and Conqueror. 

4. Give them normal .033 fuses for the AP, maybe slightly longer since many of their guns have atrocious armor penetration

Alpha Tester
577 posts
4,187 battles

Nerfing the fire chance solves nothing if you don't also nerf the HE alpha. Both are way out of line at least at T4/T5, and at T9/T10 on the 419s- likely the 406s on Nelson and Lion as well. In any case, fundamentally the HE damage is already absurdly strong even without the fires- probably twice as high in practice as their peers. Some points on the line- T6-T8 , T10 wuth the 457s seem fine... probably because they don't have crazy guns.

I would have been very happy with UK battleships being more conventional. Maybe trading overall weaker performance for the super heal and concealment.

As-is there are basically no weaknesses to Conqueror and as much as I was looking forward to UK BBs, and as fun as it is dumpstering people with 20k HE + multiple fire salvos from Conq, I didn't want them at the expense of my Montana, Henri IV etc. which are completely obsoleted. The most glaring imbalance is the damage output.