Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

Conqueror is seriously op lol!

29 comments in this topic

_Dracarys    60

I average 131k damage in my conqueror, and my WOWS Rating in this game is only like 1200. In contrast, I average 110k damage in the montana, and my WOWS Rating is 1400.

LOL!

Rolkatsuki    576

and every crew member and janitors on that ship is know how to engineer broken parts whilst roller skate at the same time.

21 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

and every crew member and janitors on that ship is know how to engineer broken parts whilst roller skate at the same time.

It's all ball bearings now.

• Cool 1

Naviss    82

Worried they are going to nerf the ship into the ground so I've not been spending much time grinding the tree. Not saying she doesn't need nerfed I guess just saying I don't want to grind up to another Montana and it take 2 years to make it playable.

Kuckoo    827
43 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

I average 131k damage in my conqueror, and my WOWS Rating in this game is only like 1200. In contrast, I average 110k damage in the montana, and my WOWS Rating is 1400.

LOL!

This isn't pointed at you, but I have yet to see a Montana do well in a match.  No joke.  I don't know what it is about that ship, but everytime I see one it has a giant neon [FAIL] sign over it, whether it's on my team or the other.

It's like the New York of Tier X.

Edited by Kuckoo

Th3KrimzonD3mon    1,249

I've stopped grinding, period. After what they did to Khaba right as I got it, the two rudder nerfs, she's crap for me. I actually sold her today, after 2 months of trying like hell to make her work. I hadn't bought anything for her, so it's not like I'm out but anything but half the credits spent on her and her modules.

And the aggravation and stress, I'm out that, thankfully.

grizzly95    83
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

This isn't pointed at you, but I have yet to see a Montana do well in a match.  No joke.  I don't know what it is about that ship, but everytime I see one it has a giant neon [FAIL] sign over it, whether it's on my team or the other.

I'm sorry that you lack eyes. 

• Cool 2

_V12    497
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

It was pretty undeniably the BB of choice for purple players before Conq arrived.

FireAndHEspam    558
47 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I've stopped grinding, period. After what they did to Khaba right as I got it, the two rudder nerfs, she's crap for me. I actually sold her today, after 2 months of trying like hell to make her work. I hadn't bought anything for her, so it's not like I'm out but anything but half the credits spent on her and her modules.

And the aggravation and stress, I'm out that, thankfully.

Get both rudder shift mods and the engine boost mod 1 if u have it, grab DE and AFT and 9 times outta 10 you're good to go. Just don't forget your det flags

Not disagreeing that Conqueror is OP, I don't have it to make an informed decision. 

But I have to ask/wonder, the focus on how much average damage the Conqueror pulls versus other T10 BBs I don't think is a wholly honest or fair assessment. After all isn't the Conqueror slinging HE the majority of the time? HE which allows for more recoverable HP and is sustain over time damage rather than the commonly conceived notion of AP burst. HE is associated with a longer Time-To-Kill, this means the enemy heals more back, lives longer to use more heals. The majority of damage from the other BBs comes from AP damage which grants smaller values of recoverable HP. 

There is a very real reason to call the Conqueror OP based on opinion here, but damage comparisons arent the most honest or transparent means because the Conqueror's favoured method of dealing damage is biased towards a longer TTK, so the enemy gets more heals off.

• Cool 1

Th3KrimzonD3mon    1,249
59 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Get both rudder shift mods and the engine boost mod 1 if u have it, grab DE and AFT and 9 times outta 10 you're good to go. Just don't forget your det flags

I dont have the engine boost mod, and I do all the rest, no good. I'm dead and have done eff all to help the team. Good riddance to that thing, I'm glad the rest of you can make it work.

FireAndHEspam    558
2 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I dont have the engine boost mod, and I do all the rest, no good. I'm dead and have done eff all to help the team. Good riddance to that thing, I'm glad the rest of you can make it work.

Ah I see what your problem here is. You're trying to be a team player. When you're in the Khab the rest of your team are nothing more then your meatsheilds. If that fails (or the team gets rolled), use your speed and maneuverability. Stop trying to be a team player. Khab and most RU ships in general demand a very selfish playstyle. Message me ingame if you ever see me online and I'll teach you how to play her. Or PM me on the Forums. Euther works

Edited by FireAndHEspam

centarina    716
11 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

you can't run it as traditional DD.  in a way  I prefer  udaloi as it is bit better for hybrid play.  Khab is all about staying at range and pew pew pew.  i also like to get behind by flanking if possible to create as much havoc on the enemy as possible.    

_Dracarys    60
14 hours ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

Not disagreeing that Conqueror is OP, I don't have it to make an informed decision. 

But I have to ask/wonder, the focus on how much average damage the Conqueror pulls versus other T10 BBs I don't think is a wholly honest or fair assessment. After all isn't the Conqueror slinging HE the majority of the time? HE which allows for more recoverable HP and is sustain over time damage rather than the commonly conceived notion of AP burst. HE is associated with a longer Time-To-Kill, this means the enemy heals more back, lives longer to use more heals. The majority of damage from the other BBs comes from AP damage which grants smaller values of recoverable HP. 

There is a very real reason to call the Conqueror OP based on opinion here, but damage comparisons arent the most honest or transparent means because the Conqueror's favoured method of dealing damage is biased towards a longer TTK, so the enemy gets more heals off.

You have a valid point. you can heal 90% of HE and fire damage.

IMHO Conqueror brings fun to both the Conqueror captain and its victims. THe victim gets to heal back (dreadnaught + fireproof hello!) and the conqueror gets to deal more damage. 

win win solution!

Business6    318
25 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

You have a valid point. you can heal 90% of HE and fire damage.

IMHO Conqueror brings fun to both the Conqueror captain and its victims. THe victim gets to heal back (dreadnaught + fireproof hello!) and the conqueror gets to deal more damage. 

win win solution!

If you're rolling the HE Meta yeah, sure:

https://i.imgur.com/SMn7xAx.jpg

Psicopro    173
14 hours ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Ah I see what your problem here is. You're trying to be a team player. When you're in the Khab the rest of your team are nothing more then your meatsheilds. If that fails (or the team gets rolled), use your speed and maneuverability. Stop trying to be a team player. Khab and most RU ships in general demand a very selfish playstyle. Message me ingame if you ever see me online and I'll teach you how to play her. Or PM me on the Forums. Euther works

This,

Khab needs to be played like a Wall Street trader.  Everyone is there for you to exploit and you don't care about the consequences.

aod66    0

Just got the Conqueror today and, having already played the Kurfurst and Montana, I would have to say it IS OP. The amount of fires you can start is ridiculous. It is not at all uncommon for a broadside to yield 3 fires on a target and you are almost guaranteed at least one. I know people call it the super Zao and that is pretty much exactly what it is. You snipe long range, set everything aflame and then disappear with low detection. It even has similar troll armor characteristics. In just my third game with her I had 198K of damage inflicted. 

Moral of the story, if you see a Conqueror on the other team get your DDs to torp her pronto otherwise you are in trouble.

Lampshade_M1A2    601
On 9/6/2017 at 11:00 PM, FireAndHEspam said:

IMO a really good way to balance the Conquerer would be to take away her 419s. 457s and thats it for her

If you want to make her sub-par maybe. Give those 18" guns the overmatch they should have however...

Fodder4U    475
49 minutes ago, aod66 said:

Just got the Conqueror today and, having already played the Kurfurst and Montana, I would have to say it IS OP. The amount of fires you can start is ridiculous. It is not at all uncommon for a broadside to yield 3 fires on a target and you are almost guaranteed at least one. I know people call it the super Zao and that is pretty much exactly what it is. You snipe long range, set everything aflame and then disappear with low detection. It even has similar troll armor characteristics. In just my third game with her I had 198K of damage inflicted. 

Moral of the story, if you see a Conqueror on the other team get your DDs to torp her pronto otherwise you are in trouble.

Nice necro. You have only 4 battles in it so it is a small sample size. Yes the Conq has higher average damage but you will find out that damage does not equal wins with it.

Lampshade_M1A2    601

Since when is win rate the only stat that matters? I have more faith in a ship with a high average damage than I do one with a high average win rate.

HazeGrayUnderway    2,482
On 9/6/2017 at 6:46 PM, Kuckoo said:

That is one helluva gross exaggeration of a lie.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this