Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
capncrunch21

Intentional Team Killer bots!?? High tier Co-op play

18 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
990 posts

So I gotta ask, why did WG feel the need to program Team Killer bots in high tier Co-op play? Fun and engaging? Or complete B S?

I just got out of an all bot Tier 9 battle (5 DDs and 3 CAs each side) - I was the only human player. So aside from the first 3 casualties being from ramming each other - which is the normal "let's get this match over" garbage programming for bots - things were progressing nicely. There were 3 cap zones A, B, and C on the map. I had two kills at this point, so it was 5 friendlies vs. 3 reds. I'm sitting in smoke at B taking potshots at the last enemy CA coming straight at me. The last two enemy DDs are split up, one at A and one at C. The enemy DD at C kills the friendly DD fighting it. Suddenly I hear the 'beep beep' torp warning - the friendly DD 'supporting' me at B has decided to launch all its torps at the nearly dead enemy CA, regardless of the fact I'm in his torp path. Being at a dead stop, I rev up the engines and only get caught by two of the 10 torps in a super tight pattern. I get lucky and live, but with only a sliver of health. (NONE of the torps came close to hitting the CA - which made me a little suspicious about the DDs true target. But I just chalked it up to poor aim on the bots part - at the time.)

The enemy CA destroys that DD promptly, and I set the CA on fire from the smoke. As soon as he's within 2 clicks I'm spotted of course trying to make a hasty retreat, but he's barely alive. A single salvo into my remaining sliver of health and I die, but he dies seconds later due to the fire. The friendly bots at A kill the enemy DD there and start heading across the map to C. At this point, the count is 1 friendly full health CA and one 3/4 health DD vs. 1 half dead enemy DD. I had a thought to exit the match - but I wanted to see what would happen between all the bots (it should be an easy victory for the friendlies). The enemy DD is nowhere to be seen - no smoke, not on the minimap, nothing, but is obviously somewhere near C. As the two friendly ship approach B side by side on the way to C, the friendly bot DD launches all its torps sideways at the friendly bot CA....

Umm, WHAT!?!

The full health friendly bot CA just drives in a nice straight line eating every single torp. instantly blowing up. Again - the enemy was NOWHERE to seen. And NOWHERE near the direction the torps were fired.

Did I just see that? Yep. That's when I realized that the torps I got hit by from that other friendly bot DD earlier, were never aimed at the enemy CA, they were intentionally shot directly at ME.... 

A minute later the friendly (Team Killer) bot obligingly runs right into the ambush torp spread of the enemy DD at C, ending the match in defeat.

Seriously WG -  - what kind of crap is this?? Not one, but two, bot TK events in one match? Do I have to start sinking all friendly bots in the future just so I don't get any nasty surprises from them? Because its obvious they were programmed to do EXACTLY what they did, on purpose. :fish_palm:

(and no, like an idiot I didn't have replays enabled - got tired of doing it after every patch)

Edited by capncrunch21

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,697 battles

With as many humans as there currently are playing PVE and it seems the numbers are high, one would think that WG would pull its head out of its own rear end and fix the Q time and make it so that MM would be more people friendly instead of the 30 second timer which never makes it to 30 seconds and instead loads the teams up with BOTS, when it happens they will TK their own friendly team mates  WG listen up, you want us to play, you want us to support this game and continue to play it, then why not do the right thing and fix the situation, this is a case of whoever it is that prevents it from happening, truly does need to be fired, plain and simple, terminated, fired, kicked butt to the curb, PERIOD!

Sorry OP, not trying to take anything away from your post, I am in full support of fixing the issues related to PVE, but when I read a post such as yours that once again talks about the issues related to PVE and the piss poor MM, it just riles me to no end, especially with the fact that WG for some unknown reason refuses to fix the issues related to it, just makes no sense.

Fire them, just fire the no good SOB the refuses to fix the issues!

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
36 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

So I gotta ask, why did WG feel the need to program Team Killer bots in high tier Co-op play? Fun and engaging? Or complete B S?

I just got out of an all bot Tier 9 battle (5 DDs and 3 CAs each side) - I was the only human player. So aside from the first 3 casualties being from ramming each other - which is the normal "let's get this match over" garbage programming for bots - things were progressing nicely. There were 3 cap zones A, B, and C on the map. I had two kills at this point, so it was 5 friendlies vs. 3 reds. I'm sitting in smoke at B taking potshots at the last enemy CA coming straight at me. The last two enemy DDs are split up, one at A and one at C. The enemy DD at C kills the friendly DD fighting it. Suddenly I hear the 'beep beep' torp warning - the friendly DD 'supporting' me at B has decided to launch all its torps at the nearly dead enemy CA, regardless of the fact I'm in his torp path. Being at a dead stop, I rev up the engines and only get caught by two of the 10 torps in a super tight pattern. I get lucky and live, but with only a sliver of health. (NONE of the torps came close to hitting the CA - which made me a little suspicious about the DDs true target. But I just chalked it up to poor aim on the bots part - at the time.)

The enemy CA destroys that DD promptly, and I set the CA on fire from the smoke. As soon as he's within 2 clicks I'm spotted of course trying to make a hasty retreat, but he's barely alive. A single salvo into my remaining sliver of health and I die, but he dies seconds later due to the fire. The friendly bots at A kill the enemy DD there and start heading across the map to C. At this point, the count is 1 friendly full health CA and one 3/4 health DD vs. 1 half dead enemy DD. I had a thought to exit the match - but I wanted to see what would happen between all the bots (it should be an easy victory for the friendlies). The enemy DD is nowhere to be seen - no smoke, not on the minimap, nothing, but is obviously somewhere near C. As the two friendly ship approach B side by side on the way to C, the friendly bot DD launches all its torps sideways at the friendly bot CA....

Umm, WHAT!?!

The full health friendly bot CA just drives in a nice straight line eating every single torp. instantly blowing up. Again - the enemy was NOWHERE to seen. And NOWHERE near the direction the torps were fired.

Did I just see that? Yep.

A minute later the friendly (Team Killer) bot obligingly runs right into the ambush torp spread of the enemy DD at C, ending the match in defeat.

Seriously WG -  - what kind of crap is this?? Not one, but two, bot TK events in one match? Do I have to start sinking all friendly bots in the future just so I don't get any nasty surprises from them? Because its obvious they were programmed to do EXACTLY what they did, on purpose. :fish_palm:

(and no, like an idiot I didn't have replays enabled - got tired of doing it after every patch)

I was on Solomons and had just left C in my BB with a bot CL in front of me. We are both headed towards where the bot CVs hang out. For some reason the bot fired a salvo back at me. It didn't do much. I guess the bot wanted to kill the CV himself to pad his stats? :)

Edited by Kizarvexis

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
11 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

wait...are you saying that your team have to depend on bots to win a Co-op battle?

If you will reread the post he was the only human and was TK'd by a bot.

[TF16B]
Members
8,015 posts
16,964 battles
31 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I learned long ago to let the bots lead and stay the hell away from them. You'd be wise to do so as well.

Pretty much; especially on Solomons; My last co-op run in Hosho was a 1 vs 15, One me and fifteen bots...

...all fifteen tried to crowd into B cap to duke it out. I managed some good torp hits before all the reds crowded in with the Greens, and that seemed to make the difference in the melee that followed. After that I just focused on killing planes and finding the bot Hosho. 

I've gone pink too many times, trying to help the stupid bots in such scrums, that I don't even bother trying any more.

(-)

My own personal beef with the bots in Co-op is thus;

When is Wargamming going to teach their bots to worry more about something about to kill them instead of attacking 'Priority Targets' that are ridiculously far away?

Members
469 posts
1,992 battles

If the bots are 4 dds to 4 dds avoid the area they fight in it turns into a smoke and torp filled mosh pit of death.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,675 posts

The bots don't take friendly ships into account when aiming, nor will they dodge friendly torpedoes. Never be between a bot and the enemy.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

It doesn't matter the tier...bots on the green team cannot be trusted.  They will fire their weapons at random, ridiculous times.  Do not trust them.  They are SkyNet creations.

Beta Testers
648 posts
14,263 battles

In recent patches bot AI probably has the bug that they would randomly fire guns and torps. When I play CVs it is clear to see that bots sometimes launch torps at nobody.

Members
227 posts
4,386 battles
11 minutes ago, Axiomaticranger said:

I should point out that PvE isn't so much 7 versus 7 as it is Human players against bots. All the bots.

It's also bot vs bot.  They love to TK themselves. 

I stay phil of heck away. 

[SIMP]
Members
990 posts

I'm not sure you guys are understanding what's going on here.

Re-read the original post.

This isn't normal 'random' destruction from stray torps - - - this is blatant, INTENTIONAL, team killer programming the bots are displaying.

The torpedoes they fired were MEANT to hit friendly ships - they weren't firing them at enemies.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,251 posts
24,646 battles
14 hours ago, Suzunami said:

In recent patches bot AI probably has the bug that they would randomly fire guns and torps. When I play CVs it is clear to see that bots sometimes launch torps at nobody.

Ever since Operations were introduced, I have seen the bot AI fire torps  for no reason.  A hostile ship could be on their port side, but they will fire torps to starboard.  Sometimes their is a hostile ship in the general direction of where they fired torps but they are way out of range.  Their coding got fubared.

[SIMP]
Members
990 posts
1 hour ago, Patton5150 said:

Ever since Operations were introduced, I have seen the bot AI fire torps  for no reason.  A hostile ship could be on their port side, but they will fire torps to starboard.  Sometimes their is a hostile ship in the general direction of where they fired torps but they are way out of range.  Their coding got fubared.

If this includes intentionally firing at friendlies, I agree.

Did their recognition code get screwed up somehow and occasionally see ALL ships as enemies?

I'd like to believe that is the case - and not something WG did on purpose  - you know - to provide a 'challenge'. :Smile_facepalm:

Sign in to follow this