You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

Not at Home for Mr. Losing Streak Thanks!

14 comments in this topic

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

59b07fbc1bfc7_WoWsLife.jpg.29f998dab444b16bee0f834732bbc3f5.jpg

This isn't a whine, it's humour, I laugh at myself, daily. This is today's risible moment.

I was pushing a 51% WR last New Year and it has been a steady dive downwards since. I'm a collector, not a victim of WR-angst but still, it's kinda bothering me. My nose is barely above the water at 50%.

What happened? What went wrong? Does it matter?

I finally created a new rule--3 straight losses and a mental SWAT team busts into my study shouting "LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND MOVE AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD!"

So how I play now is--3 straight losses and I repeat the mantra "Not at home for Mr. Losing Streak!" and I shut down Wows.

Believe me, this was not easy. It took zen-like composure and a refusal to tolerate discursive thoughts like "hey switch to BBs only with s 60% WR+!"

No no get thee behind Satan, I play ALL my ships, it is what being a collector is all about. I will come back when I am ready, when a few MM created teams of utter dolts, bots, and potatoes no longer gets to me and I can do my best and not give a damn about winning and losing... just the sure knowledge I did my best and played well.. or at least half decently. I need time to get recharged for this. but until then...

Not at home for Mr. Losing Streak thanks!

[SCCC]
Members
1,137 posts
9,687 battles

Entering a match in WoWs is like gambling.  You either win or lose (obviously) but I really don't mind if I keep losing, if I'm playing horrible however I'll call it quits temporarily.

• Cool 1

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles
3 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

I have found that if I'm having a losing streak, a few PvE missions will turn it around.

YES I am really considering that finally.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles
Just now, Stauffenberg44 said:

YES I am really considering that finally.

Give them a try! Most T6 ships can wipe the floor of the bots there with ~200k or so. It's purely therapeutic to stomp on the T4s.

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles
2 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Give them a try! Most T6 ships can wipe the floor of the bots there with ~200k or so. It's purely therapeutic to stomp on the T4s.

I don't mind fighting bots and having scores halved, I think what prevented me was not having victories or even battles fought counted. It sounds like a great way to unwind once you get a handle on how bots behave.--bad bot!

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles
29 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I don't mind fighting bots and having scores halved, I think what prevented me was not having victories or even battles fought counted. It sounds like a great way to unwind once you get a handle on how bots behave.--bad bot!

Try the Mikasa in co-op it is a blast . Nothing like charging into a batch of bots and (especially with the new graphics) watch all those secondary's on both sides blazing away !  

:cap_rambo:

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles
1 minute ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Try the Mikasa in co-op it is a blast . Nothing like charging into a batch of bots and (especially with the new graphics) watch all those secondary's on both sides blazing away !  

:cap_rambo:

Hey when I first won the Mikasa I did just that and basically was farming Close Quarters Expert flags until they figured out you just have to stand off and burn her down--great advice thanks!

And re our only token broken pre-dreadnought check out my thread on pre-dreadnoughts if you are inclined (yes a shameless plug):

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles
2 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Hey when I first won the Mikasa I did just that and basically was farming Close Quarters Expert flags until they figured out you just have to stand off and burn her down--great advice thanks!

And re our only token broken pre-dreadnought check out my thread on pre-dreadnoughts if you are inclined (yes a shameless plug):

What really makes me smile is that I have a 47% hit rate with my main guns in a Mikasa ! That is of course vs. bots ; but well ; lol .

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles
1 minute ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

What really makes me smile is that I have a 47% hit rate with my main guns in a Mikasa ! That is of course vs. bots ; but well ; lol .

lol I am taking your advice and firing up the Mikasa's boilers as we speak.

[RLGN]
Members
19,163 posts
35,195 battles
1 hour ago, skull_122_steel said:

for me three straight loses is means a game in the KA or smith

For me; taking Langley or Hosho out in Co-op with their Air Supremacy captains; clubbing the bot squadrons into oblivion, then attacking and mercilessly pummeling whatever ships my earstwhile allies haven't already sunk.

Sometimes that is A LOT of ships; like all my allies are dead and I still have to fight 4-5 bots to pull out a win.

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Sometimes that is A LOT of ships; like all my allies are dead and I still have to fight 4-5 bots to pull out a win.

Oh you love it and good on you. ;-)