Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rommel_41

I'm just...terrible.

17 comments in this topic

[RTR]
Beta Testers
306 posts
1,707 battles

I've taken a few months from actual play, but have tried to keep up with the changes and the new lines. 

Decided to start back up a few weeks ago with a round or two a day. 

The last few weekends I have managed about a dozen battles. 

When I played just one or two, I managed some decent wins. That changed when I tried to play more. 

Most were crushing defeats. I tried my Kutuzov, Bismarck, New Orleans and Prinz Eugen but I either landed as the only tier 8 in a tier 10 or simply couldn't perform well enough to carry. I usually stayed in the top 5, but that doesn't mean much. 

I enjoy the game, but the hard-on MM seems to have for me recently has made it hard to keep pressing "battle".

It had become a feeling of; "let me be somebody's xp piñata"

Still pretty. Even when I'm mostly enjoying it as an observer. 

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,696 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

It's like taking craps, you leave streaks.

Let me fix that for you...

• Cool 3

[DAKI]
Members
621 posts
6,157 battles

well op tbh the upper tiers are harder to carry anyway. Most people have lower WRs in those tiers. Heck even some say in this game it feels like after you win a few some switch turns on you and you magically have bad teams. I imagine the worst is when you are on top of them. I don't know what is worse, being the king of the potatoes or winning a game and not really doing jack squat.

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

I am terrible too, one day I have decent WTR but terrible WR, next day all the way around or even both terrible lulz ...and in the end I am the same average mediocre potato. :Smile_sad:

[RTR]
Beta Testers
306 posts
1,707 battles

Tier 7 and 8 used to be my favorite. That's where the ships I want to play mostly sit. 

I'm going to keep rolling the dice, but im struggling not to crap-out again.

My Spee has been refreshing, so maybe I'll chill down low for a bit again. But I can't finish missions unless I play 8+! It's a darn catch-22!

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
584 posts
4,596 battles

The upper tiers are always a tad higher to play against. Ships take longer to take down and players are more cautious.

Win steaks do change, one thing i try to always ask myself each game is how i could have played it better. 

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,576 battles
44 minutes ago, VGLance said:

It's like taking craps, you leave streaks.

Spoiler

Edited by FayFay731
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,748 posts
11,365 battles

I suffer from slumps when I am out of practice (or just having a bad day), div'ing up usually helps me improve my win rate. Having a friend with me often brings out my best.

• Cool 1

[NOOOB]
Members
1,442 posts
12,108 battles

Everyone gets up tiered, but tiers 5 and 8 seem the worst for it (especially at low server population times).  For tech tree ships, other than the Bismarck, I tried to get as quickly to tier 9, since in most cases the tier 9 ships were much better, and you in really the same games.  For the premiums like Atago, MK, PE, Alabama, Tirp, LoYang - if you are going to take these out, a good percentage of the time you will be low tier.  Most of the tier 8 premiums are competitive when up tiered (PE is not that great), so just a part of taking them out of port.  Tier 9 seems like a sweet spot, with some great tech tree ships, and not the repair/ammo costs of tier 10.  Ships like Fletcher, Z-46, Roon, Ibuki, and premium Missouri...On streaks, they happen, you can be kicking electronic butt, then extended losing streaks.  Like last night for me, have just started grinding Iron Duke, Udaloi and had only lost a couple of games between them, then last night tried to get daily exp bonus, 6 losses in a row between the two, including getting team killed... think it was reality reminding me that I am a potato at heart.

Edited by Panzer1113

[DARTH]
Members
532 posts
11,387 battles

I think I saw you in a battle last weekend, in your Prinz.  I thought you did quite well, although, well, yeah.

If you're coming back after a long break, one of the major changes that is affecting you is most likely the changes to matchmaking protecting tier 4 ships, i.e. tiers 1-4 get +/-1 MM, 5+ get +/-2.  The end result of this is that the game population has settled around tiers 7 and 10 being the 'ideal' tiers, and tiers 5-6 often get dragged into tier 7 battles, while 8-9 get dragged into tier 10.

Additionally, two of the four ships you listed aren't really favorites anymore, but rather considered to be underpowered.  I'm sure you can guess which two.

Tirpitz, on the other hand is still a very good boat, and with the bonus range she got for her secondaries is really quite dangerous, even in a tier 10 battle.  The important thing is to realize that you're not the star of the show, but rather a supporting player.  Often, the best thing you can do is find the alpha BB on your team, and form up with them.  That way, you can provide fire support for them, and help them achieve objectives, while they provide the heavy lifting.

Otherwise, if you try to play tier 8 hero, well, that's just not going to end very well for you.

Best of luck :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,748 posts
11,365 battles
54 minutes ago, Rommel_41 said:

I wish my friends still played.

:Smile_sad:

I'm always willing to div up, message me in game if you see me.

You might be surprised, even some of the saltiest unicums are happy to div with fellow fourmites. 

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
1,697 posts
15,374 battles

Crap happens, Right now I am 1 for 8 on the day in Random. Not all bad play, just bad teams mostly. Can't do cheise about MM...gonna drop down to Co-op and slum for bit sinking bots.:cap_hmm:

Members
494 posts
2,047 battles
3 hours ago, Rommel_41 said:

Tier 7 and 8 used to be my favorite. That's where the ships I want to play mostly sit. 

I'm going to keep rolling the dice, but im struggling not to crap-out again.

My Spee has been refreshing, so maybe I'll chill down low for a bit again. But I can't finish missions unless I play 8+! It's a darn catch-22!

Question are you playing to win, have fun, and naturally completing missions or are you try to force the mission objectives? If the latter nothing will kill your will to play faster that trying for missions since it makes the game a chore and RNG [edited] with more too.

Sign in to follow this