You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HerrSturm

Artillery plotting room modification 1 now lacks purpose.

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
79 posts
2,349 battles

I was looking over the modifications for my US BBs the other day and it struck me how pointless the +16% range this mod grants has become.  It used to be a necessary feature for some US Battleships I'm order to compete with IJNs Superior range. Yet after the patch which buffed US BB range it is rather useless since they lack accuracy to reliably landed shells at those ranges.

I'm off the opinion it should be replaced but with what I am unsure. Accuracy buffs world be nice but it would encroach on the IJN "flavor" and an AA buff would be rather superfluous.  A rate of fire buff would help too but really doesn't stand out as an interesting nation flavor.  I think this mod should get some TLC and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,951 posts
1,487 battles

Newsflash, it was allways at best dodgy as an option on US BB's. The alternatives still exist and remain useful.

Beta Testers
79 posts
2,349 battles

I agree that it's usefulness was highly questionable in tier 8+ but the lower tiers lost the ability to mount the accuracy module every other nation gets by default and in exchange get this one which is now pretty much worthless.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,339 posts
11,493 battles

Colorado has 2.0 sigma, I believe.

Arizona needs it to be competitive.

And N. Carolina benefits as well.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,768 posts
5,806 battles
36 minutes ago, HerrSturm said:

I was looking over the modifications for my US BBs the other day and it struck me how pointless the +16% range this mod grants has become.  It used to be a necessary feature for some US Battleships I'm order to compete with IJNs Superior range. Yet after the patch which buffed US BB range it is rather useless since they lack accuracy to reliably landed shells at those ranges.

I'm off the opinion it should be replaced but with what I am unsure. Accuracy buffs world be nice but it would encroach on the IJN "flavor" and an AA buff would be rather superfluous.  A rate of fire buff would help too but really doesn't stand out as an interesting nation flavor.  I think this mod should get some TLC and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

Put your scout plane up and the range you get is incredible. Sure you cannot reliably hit anything, but if you do, you can get deck pens for citadels. Its fun to citadel a Bismarck at 26km.

[HELLS]
Members
1,693 posts
15,336 battles

A must have on North Carolina, Arizona, and New Mexico. What it does do is reduce dispersion at optimum fighting ranges. On North Carolina it makes the ship playable at least.

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,571 battles

Or maybe give the USN BBs an extra module slot for more upgrades? The module slot it takes up could be different as well. With the RN BB power creep, the USN BBs could need it.

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,951 posts
1,487 battles
14 minutes ago, HerrSturm said:

I agree that it's usefulness was highly questionable in tier 8+ but the lower tiers lost the ability to mount the accuracy module every other nation gets by default and in exchange get this one which is now pretty much worthless.

It's usefulness was questionable at every tier. There was no tier IMO where using it was optimal.

6 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

A must have on North Carolina, Arizona, and New Mexico. What it does do is reduce dispersion at optimum fighting ranges. On North Carolina it makes the ship playable at least.

it has absolutely no effect on your dispershion.

Beta Testers
6,975 posts
3,942 battles
57 minutes ago, Carl said:

Newsflash, it was allways at best dodgy as an option on US BB's. The alternatives still exist and remain useful.

^ Yes, to the Carl you listen.

AA mod was generally better anyway.