Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Arkansas Beta Dispersion - anything changed?

13 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts

Recently it seems the Ark B round are going, literally, everywhere but on the target. It's gotten horrible, at least for me. I have MAM1, APRM1 and APRM2. She used to be (prior to last release) reliably accurate, so much so I could expect to see at least one cit a match if not many more. Since the last patch I'm watching rounds almost spiraling across the screen. I do not recall seeing such crap dispersion since her buff for longer range. 

She's my third most-played ship with 440 battles, 53% victories and a 1.95 destruct ratio. It just seems her guns have gotten well... ugly. 

tiafyc

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,203 battles

A Corgi Kill was literally stolen from me due to the most atrocious shell dispersion I've ever experienced in this game & I was on my Ark B when it happened.

(see my thread 'Corgi Weekend North Korea' )

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts

Well I went into another match and this is the result:

shot-17_09.06_15_08.26-0949.thumb.jpg.905a8f31c1431cd9096b05bc2c76049d.jpg

With the Ark B I always had to aim differently than I do with any other ships. To achieve cits, no matter the range, I'd have to aim halfway up the hull of a broadside ship. In the above match, I dropped down to the very hull/waterline, as I would in most other ships. Boom. So it may possibly be they did not change the dispersion, but somehow changed/adjusted the actual aim on the ship.

I'll see as I do a few more matches. Otherwise, the effect of RNG is way off the charts for the Ark B. (I'll go look at yer threadpost too)

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
6 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well I went into another match and this is the result:

shot-17_09.06_15_08.26-0949.thumb.jpg.905a8f31c1431cd9096b05bc2c76049d.jpg

With the Ark B I always had to aim differently than I do with any other ships. To achieve cits, no matter the range, I'd have to aim halfway up the hull of a broadside ship. In the above match, I dropped down to the very hull/waterline, as I would in most other ships. Boom. So it may possibly be they did not change the dispersion, but somehow changed/adjusted the actual aim on the ship.

I'll see as I do a few more matches. Otherwise, the effect of RNG is way off the charts for the Ark B. (I'll go look at yer threadpost too)

I think that my just be RNG

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,203 battles

What exactly are you trying to say here, Reitzie?

First you complain about an alleged shell dispersion nerf then you post a battle where you got 4 kills - that is a great result.

(& I would never boast/post about kills, even a Kraken+, well, maybe that I would, lol).

My particular Corgi battle was simply shell dispersion preposterousness. like, as I maintain, a bizarro 'singularity'.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts

If it is then I think it is waaaaaay too much RNG. But I understand of course... RNG - to me - is used to balance the game out. But RNG would have to work really hard, as my Ark B has a sixth module which reduces dispersion by eleven percent. As I mentioned elsewhere today, how would we know if it really is reducing dispersion by that much? 

If it were and RNG is messing with me that much, then RNG would have to be boosted to counter the module as well as just jacking the numbers. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts
Just now, aethervox said:

What exactly are you trying to say here, Reitzie?

First you complain about an alleged shell dispersion nerf then you post a battle where you got 4 kills - that is a great result (& I would never boast/post about kills, even a Kraken+).

It is, as the other individual suggested, probably RNG - as the next match is more like normal for me. (Not the 100K but the cits). 

The RNG factor must be huge on the Ark B. 

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,203 battles
15 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Ark B has a sixth module which reduces dispersion by eleven percent

I have all the modules filled & I do have that module (#3 slot , I believe).

Anyway, I sure hope there has been no dispersion nerf to the Ark B.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts

Yup it's the logical one to have... 16.x km range on the main guns with that reduction makes her very effective at killing stuff. They probably didn't do anything to her but man, if that's RNG, that's some serious RNG. 

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,203 battles
5 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

if that's RNG, that's some serious RNG.

I'm still pi**ed by THAT & with good reason for how darned hard it is to get a Corgi at the best of times. I was robbed. RNG out & out stole that from me (cheated me, in fact).

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,203 battles
29 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

The RNG factor must be huge on the Ark B. 

You mean it has a very wide range? Apparently, it does. I guess I saw the extreme horrid end.

I just wish I had a video record of that battle & all could see that utter CRAP cause that is what it was.

I got that Corgi down probably 98% (very close to that if not slightly more) SOLO.

Yet my last three volleys were so dispersed that someone else got it when the Corgi was so close to dead (easily less than 1% dmg). Ya, sure.

You think I'll ever see the opposite result where all my shell volleys fully hit & I get, like 7+ kills or something & a record amount of damage? 

Any takers? I thought not.

& WG shell dispersion algorithms never cheat? Ya, sure, they never cheat. Bull Crap!

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts

Well... you can enable replays so the next time something weird comes along you got the replay. 

It does seem to rear it's ugly head (RNG) at the most inconvenient times. 

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Ark B and Wyoming are great at 10 km.  Good choked shotgun, don't be in the cone if you want to escape damage.  Outside that, it's a big shotgun at too long a range, and the shots fall where they may.

Sign in to follow this